Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 12:59:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall We decided to create a challenging, fun and balanced MMO strategy
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: We decided to create a challenging, fun and balanced MMO strategy  (Read 550 times)
dmngdsm
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:06:44 AM »

Hello, my name is Ivan and I'm one of the creators of Victus Game: Rewrite History - a new online browser multiplayer strategy game.

Victus is set in an alternative Ancient universe where the Roman, Greek and the Egypt civilizations reached their peak at the same time. But rewriting history doesn't end there. Our game is more of a humorous take on history - you may see aliens flying over the pyramids, Greek warriors selling gyros at the Trojan horse and many more absurdities.

After two years of continuous work we are really close to releasing a beta and I thought it will be worth it if I show it to the community. When you first look at the game interface it will bring back sweet old memories of the classic Age of Empires Online. When creating Victus we were inspired by a long list of time-honored games in several genres - classic board games such as 7 Wonders, turn-based strategies like Heroes and modern online strategies like Clash of Clans and Travian .

However we tried to get the best out of these games and not have their problems.

Although we love the genre we believe that for long time it has become stagnant. Most modern online strategies are the "just another pay2win" and don't offer balanced gameplay for all players.

We tried to fix these problems and create a game with balanced economics and non-invasive-non-gameplay-breaking monetization model offering different ways to develop your gameplay.

To finish the game we still need some additional funds so we started a Kickstarter campaign recently. You might check it out and support us if you wish, we'll appreciate it.

Meanwhile I'll be happy to hear what you think about our game at least based on text and screenshots.

Yours,
Ivan
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:50:49 AM by dmngdsm » Logged
Zukas
Level 0

Gamer and an Indie Developer!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 03:56:52 AM »

Reminds me of old days playing Travian, missed games like that. Truly with potential, please don't mess it up!

dmngdsm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 04:25:54 AM »

Thank you for the positive vibes! We're doing our best.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic