Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:00:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhich game have given you the most hours of fun?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Which game have given you the most hours of fun?  (Read 3134 times)
Gamedragon
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 01:33:47 AM »

DF fans are goofballs
You wound me.

The games that have given me the most hours of enjoyment are probably Mount and Blade and Crusader Kings II. They're both pretty great.
bruce_stallion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 05:25:16 AM »

(ashamed) um..Destiny Facepalm

Had hours and hours of casual fun bouncing around being an idiot in space trousers

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 05:06:38 AM »

Oblivion.
And then Final Fantasy 7 / Zelda A Link to the Past

Yeah.
EmaVan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 09:50:59 AM »

Probably most hours have gone to Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout NV/3/4, Terraria, Final Fantasy 12, Grandia & Legend of Dragoon. // Personally hyped for the remaster of ff12! 

// I also used to play different kind of mmorpgs for years but kind of got bored of them the older I got  :D

SNN135
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 06:29:54 AM »

EverQuest (MMO), back when it was a bigger deal. I clocked about a year and a half of playtime on there amounting to ~12000 hours).

For single player games, probably Skyrim and Xenoblade Chronicles.
mikianthony
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2016, 07:04:59 AM »

To this day WoW (vanilla) is still the game I played the most (equals most hours of fun?). But it was also the game which made me stop playing (time-consuming) games and focus on other skills like making games/programming.
While that being said, there was something deeply satisfying of the progression loop in WoW / loot games in general — seeing a purple drop after hours of grinding or rolling on it and winning it in a raid, is still the best moment I've had in a game.

takfpbi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »

I couldn't tell you the amount of hours I've spent with Doom 2 but it's something obscene. I've played it at least twice a week since its year of release, it's dwarfed everything else including my favourite game (Deus Ex). Granted it's had years on that one but come on, more than my favourite game. Who the heck spends more time with a game that isn't their favourite.
Someone who is possessed, obviously.

Are you going out and having a nice meal of fun? Are you beating fun up so that you can tear its heart out and eat it raw? Or is fun slipping you a mickey in the evening so it can take you in the back room and have its way with you, whenever it feels like it, over and over and over again, for decades, and then lying to you about it in the morning?

Or perhaps there is no real difference between these things, because fun is one... thing... with many masks.

These are the questions that persons who wish to know the difference between sanity and insanity contemplate in that space that is before sleep yet no longer awake, whilst fragmented visions of worlds that never were and never will be parade through their minds in endless pyrotechnic trains.
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 01:00:31 AM »

World of Warcraft, Witcher 3, Persona 4, Flatout 1, IL-2 Sturmovik. I'm even afraid to think of how many hours I've spent in WoW...  Who, Me?
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2016, 02:03:22 PM »

Ultima Online
Overwatch
Elite Dangerous
UT2004
Dark Souls

With the thousands of hours I've logged into each of these games if I'd spent that time on anything productive instead I'd probably be a multi-billionaire.  Especially UT2k4 and UO, i probably have 7500 hours logged  between just those two.

-Fuzzy Spider
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 12:50:23 AM »

With the thousands of hours

Wicked Sick!

Especially UT2k4 and UO, i probably have 7500 hours logged  between just those two.

Holy Sh*t!
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 08:00:20 AM »

I played Mass Effect 3, so so much. Its around 350 hrs, 250 or so due to multiplayer. I couldnt stop playing it.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2016, 07:57:42 AM »

fallout 2
Definitely that. On multiplayer side: Smash Bros 64, Melee, PM, Tremulous.net.
Recently, my own game www.quantumpilot.me. I followed the tigsource.com slogan of "Make the games you want to play!" and after spending a few evenings going through my Humble Bundle library of unplayed games I couldn't get into anything, not even the famous ones and I'm back playing my own game.

Oh, and how could I forget. www.thegreatestgameyouwilleverplay.com

NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2016, 12:50:33 PM »

Generally massive games like Skyrim, Obvlivion, Fallout 3, etc.

I think the game I've sunk more time into than any other is probably Dark Cloud 2, and the fact that there's a PS4 upgraded version scares me... So many hours lost... Shocked Embarrassed

The indie game I've spent most time with? Probably Dungeons of Dredmor and Spelunky. There's something about REALLY well randomly generated games that really appeals to me.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2016, 12:53:50 PM »

I know a group of people who played Skyrim, FAllout etc  together -- sit next to each other, compare adventures. Sounded like a way cool multiplayer mod.

Outlaw Game Tools
Level 0

Game Dev Tutorial Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2016, 03:08:56 PM »

Heroes of Might and Magic 1-4 (mainly HOMM3) on desktop and the Kingdom Rush series on iPad. Hundreds of hours for the former, dozens of hours on the latter. (At least.)

Jay

Game Dev Courses and Tutorials: http://courses.GameDevNation.com
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 03:16:06 PM »

HoMM3 is one of those rare "evergreen" games for me that i can always come back to.
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 03:17:15 PM »

Ragnarok online
Super mario Sunshine
Super metroid
Super mario 3
Xenoblade C
FF6
ff7
ff8
Chrono trigger
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2016, 12:28:59 AM »

I know a group of people who played Skyrim, FAllout etc  together -- sit next to each other, compare adventures. Sounded like a way cool multiplayer mod.

That's actually sounds quite interesting. My friend and I both have PS3 and Skyrim. But none of us have 2 TVs. Smiley Maybe should try it out with PC monitor. Never thought of doing so.
voidSkipper
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2016, 12:55:08 AM »

I'm the kind of person who picks a game and sticks with it for months, maybe even years.

The ones I've stuck with have been as follows:

-Microprose GP1 (pc)
-Pokemon yellow (gb)
-F1 World Grand Prix (n64)
-Super Smash Brothers (n64)
-Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
-Perfect Dark (n64)
-Burnout 3 (xbox)
-DotA (pc)
-Heroes of Newerth (pc)
-iRacing (pc)
-Overwatch (pc)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:26:17 AM by voidSkipper » Logged
JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2016, 01:50:06 AM »

The biggest amount of hours that I've logged somewhere would be Counter Strike: GO with around 950 hours by now I think. Right after that comes Rocket League with a good 600 hours and then I think Dark Souls with about 250 hours. After that there's a huge gap and I have no idea on the games I played before there was Steam.
It's worth noticing that I've started playing both CS:GO and Rocket League only about 2 years ago if I remember correctly so that's kinda scary.
EDIT: Okay Rocket League I started only a year ago if at all now that is actually scary.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic