Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:05:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDevlog Gold of 2015 - Results
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Devlog Gold of 2015 - Results  (Read 20027 times)
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2016, 09:44:50 PM »

2015 Voting thread
2014 Voting | Results
2013 Voting | Results

The final results are (somewhat) belated, but it's never too late to highlight the many fantastic and inventive projects on TIGSource. Thanks to the votes of our community, many games were nominated; there were even a few ties in some categories. Without further ado, here are the results for the best devlog and favorite projects of 2015!

Best DevLogs

In fourth place, we have dukope's first person nautical mystery Return of the Obra Dinn. In 1808, the titular vessel has drifted into port after years lost at sea with no crew. As a representative for the East India Company, you must venture onboard and uncover the secrets of the Obra Dinn, told through a gorgeous 1-bit black & white aesthetic and vignettes of the past frozen in time.

In third place, is eigenbom's procedurally generated lunar adventure Moonman. Five years in development, and successfully Kickstarted in early 2015, Moonman revolves around your quest across a sprawling planet to construct a star-machine. Your journey will take you from a varied array of biomes - from thick forests and deep caverns to castles, tombs, and towns. Alien creatures and dangerous foes lurk above and below, waiting to be bested by your moonman's massive arsenal of weapons, loot, and tools.

eigenbom's lovely gifs and regular updates have made Moonman a joy to follow, especially seeing its evolution from the earliest footage to today's otherworldly landscapes.

In second place, is JLJac and jamesprimate's otherworldly survival platformer Rain World. Set in the industrial ruins of a civilization long gone, you play as a slugcat, a lithe intelligent predator and prey in the middle of a living ecosystem. Acrobatic platforming and cautious stealth combines in a game featuring incredibly fluid procedurally-generated animations, dynamic AI that allows for a living world of alien fauna, and a massive interconnected world of varied regions.

With 532 updates and counting, and countless (and always tantalizing) GIFs, Joar and Jame's diligent detailed work never ceases to impress; it'll be both a sad and exciting day when its development comes to a conclusion after Rain World releases later this year.

And in first place, is oldblood's distubring and dark Masochisia. A narrative adventure that delves into haunted psyche of a serial killer, Masochisia tackles the most challenging kind of horror to properly nail: psychological horror, presenting a tale of mental illness, depraved desires, terrifying hallucinations, and oppressive paranoia. Its mature story and graphic unsettling imagery ensures Masochisia will worm its way under your skin and leave a haunting impression.

Oldblood's lengthy and informative updates offered a fascinating look into the transformation from early artwork and ideas into a gripping adventure before and after release. Masochisia is available now on Steam.

Favourite Projects

In third place, there's ironically a three-way tie: SunWuKong's Boss 101, Ishi's Leilani's Island, and Olsen's Somerville.

Boss 101 is all about the thrill of the boss rush, featuring randomly-generated bosses to battle with your satisfying array of weapons, upgrades, and buff-imbuing hats.
Leilani's Island is a charming and colorful platformer that brings to mind classics like Mario and Donkey Kong, with its vibrant characters, polished gameplay, and little touches galore.
Somerville is an episodic sci-fi cinematic platformer, following a famous war hero through his rise and struggles during an alien invasions, presented through gorgeous animations and atmosphere, and a brilliant framing device.

In second place, are teefal's Tidepool and io3 creations' Eastward.

Tidepool is designed with the admirable goal of teaching kids how to code, through easy-to-learn instructions and fun cartoon-y sketches. Perhaps one day, we'll be voting for projects from children who found their way into game development thanks to Tidepool.
Eastward combines Zelda and JRPG influences in a story following a man and his your charge through a stunning pixel art post-apocalyptic world.

And coming in first, and featured for the second time in this year's awards, is Rain World.
Intelligent predators, terrifying creatures, hauntingly overgrown beauty and ruins, agile movement, and incredible animations makes Rain World a community favorite as we all await the next update and GIF from James and Joar

Congratulations to both the winners and nominees, and keep up the fantastic work. And another thank you to all those who voted for the awesome games being worked on by the TIGSource community.

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 04:58:15 AM »

Wow, thanks for everyone that voted! That's awesome, and humbling. Congrat's to everyone. It's pretty amazing when you step back and see just how many incredible projects are actively participating on the TIGSource forums...

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 05:07:09 AM »

Congratulations oldblood, so very well deserved. And of course, the same to Joar and James, Rain World is a really amazing project.

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 01:56:16 PM »

Congrats to all of the winners! Really great choices this year.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 07:35:00 AM »

Congrats !
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 09:41:30 AM »

congratz!

Check the devlog for MONSTER PROM
And follow us on TWITTER
MegaTiny
Level 1

Wew lad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 02:53:42 PM »

Congratulations! I can't believe how far along some of these games have come since their initial posts.

Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 06:00:27 AM »

Wow I just caught that this exists.  Thank you so much for the honor and congrats to the winners.  Hopefully keep the run going through this year.  Take care all!

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 10:57:16 PM »

Wow! Thanks guys!!! Your continued enthusiasm for our apparently never ending project is absolutely amazing and sustains us through the grind. Congrats too on all the other awesome games here. May their timelines be accurate, their implementations agile, and their launches quickly frontpage'd on steam.  Beer!

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 01:48:07 AM »

Thanks guys, I love you all. Tigs has been vital to Moonman's development and my sanity. Congrats to all these other super projects too. Smiley

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 02:09:42 AM »

Oh shoot. Well I'm no good at following through on the awards... thanks Christian.

I had made new trophies for this year though!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 03:34:13 AM »

Just noticed this, congratulations to Oldblood for his well-deserved win! Masochisia's log really was interesting to follow! I haven't read through the other logs mentioned here, but congrats to them all the same as well :-)

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 04:40:04 AM »

Just seen this - very honoured to have Leilani included! Thank you to the voters! And congrats to all the other games Smiley

GarBenjamin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 12:35:42 PM »

Very cool stuff. A big thanks and congrats to all the featured game devs (and all of the others with dev logs as well) for sharing your journey and sticking with it! Smiley

So many awesome games in development here it couldn't be easy to select only a few.

Play Play Atlantic Crisis [BETA] in your browser!
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 09:33:49 PM »

Agh, I've been very absent from TIGS since I got my day job, so I missed this! Many congratulations to everybody! RW is still immensely deserving of their wins, of course, but it would have been fun to see something new. Tongue Hadn't seen that last GIF of RW with the big flying creature tho. Looks fantastic, especially the water (sorry, I like water!).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic