Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411422 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:18:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Physics Blob Source Code
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Physics Blob Source Code  (Read 3230 times)
papamook
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2007, 06:14:39 PM »

Having thought about making a gish-like game for a couple of years I made a little test demo in popcap with the chipmunk physics class. The design for the blobs structure came from mick west and is surprisingly solid considering it doesn't have any game specific code in there to tell the blob how to react to things.

Anyhoo, here's the source code for anyone else who is thinking about making a game with blobs. Smiley
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »

How the hell am I the only one to reply to say how incredibly awesome this is? I mean, look at it! It's all bloby and stuff  Tongue
But seriously, I'm only beginning to look through the source code and I'm amazed! I didn't even know you could create your own namespace, especially one named Sexy  Kiss
Very good job, if just a demo of this is fun to play around with imagine a full game!

papamook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 05:07:38 PM »

I'd really love to see someone extend this demo into a game project!

btw, sexy is popcap's namespace Wink
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »

I'd really love to see someone extend this demo into a game project!

btw, sexy is popcap's namespace Wink

I would really love to do that, but I suck, and therefor don't understand most of the things you coded so no game from me!  Cry

SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:09:41 AM »

Someone should make it a shmup where you shoot your own body mass at the enemy until he's weak enough that you can engulf him. And the bullets in the game don't hurt you, they push you! You're dead if they push you off screen or if two pinch you. You can squeeze through them easier if you have less body mass, but they can also push you around easier.

Hmm...Started as a joke, but playing it in my head, it's pretty fun. Too bad I have no interest (or skill to do) such a project.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic