Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 11:53:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsARCHAICA: The Path Of Light - Beautiful puzzle, Two brothers team, Custom engine
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: ARCHAICA: The Path Of Light - Beautiful puzzle, Two brothers team, Custom engine  (Read 21774 times)
AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2017, 10:21:06 PM »

+1 for the second effect also.

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2017, 01:09:46 AM »

@thekosmonaut and @AaronB: Thanks, second is indeed nice, but to be honest all effects are a bit exaggerated (and - after a first tests - even not exaggerated don't look well in the game, more work is needed here :/).

And a new thing - we uploaded our first artwork to steam, take a look: http://steamcommunity.com/app/550590/images/

Regards!

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2017, 11:28:59 PM »

Hi. Take a look at our second promo art - Desert City: discover true cleverness of the ancient builders: Artwork on Steam

A few new things in this realm (after tutorial): aggregators (indirect illumination of crystals), heavy crystals (need two beams to activate), beams mixing (gives new colors) and a hidden secret level Wink

Regards!

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2017, 11:26:42 PM »

Hi.

Unexpectedly we have riding and shooting in our puzzle game Wink And 100% on a game mechanics!
Devices work only when they are on the center of the grid, so when teleport moves with elevator it works only in specific positions (and teleports a light beam).

And a link to twitter: https://twitter.com/TwoMammoths/status/846979599196131329

Regards

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2017, 12:04:55 AM »

Hi. It's been a long time since I wrote lately. Finally I almost finish all programming stuff in the game Wink

Here are some debug screens from our maps. Some of them have more than 1000 meshes, so it's hard for our engine to render them smoothly on some old computers (optimizations are needed, but at the end). Take a look:

Also If You like our game, please add it to wishlist here Archaica: The Path Of Light on Steam Smiley

Cheers and have a nice day!

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2017, 09:25:48 AM »

so it's hard for our engine to render them smoothly on some old computers
I'm sure even some new computers that are *low-end* can't handle it. Grin  O

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2017, 11:51:36 PM »

@io3 creations: it's possible Wink but after optimization pass there will be no problems, I hope Wink For now pixelshader/fillrate performance is the most critical, just making the window smaller gives easily 2x more FPS.

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2017, 04:47:46 AM »

Hi!
Take a look at short gameplay from Mines Realm in Archaica:

Hope You like it (and feedback is of course very welcome). It's a final state. Basically we almost only remove bugs now.
Cheers!

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2017, 01:20:48 AM »

Hi!
Great news! Our game - we create in two brothers team - is finished and has a release date: 8 Sep 2017!

Here is a new release trailer for this occasion:

If You like our game please add it to wishlist: http://store.steampowered.com/app/550590/Archaica_The_Path_of_Light/

Regards!

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2017, 02:30:00 AM »

Congratulations! And good luck out there. The trailer is short and tight, good thing! Only complaint I have is that if I wouldn't have known what kind of game this is, I still wouldn't know after the trailer. You can guess from the light paths and the complete lack of other moving things, I guess, but it would have been great to see on mirror light up, turn, and see the light path moving along. Or something.

I'd love to learn how it all turns out. Please keep us posted.

And kudos again for doing your own engine.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2017, 05:42:48 AM »

@Schrompf: Thanks a lot for nice words!
We know that this trailer doesn't show gameplay but we plan to post a gameplay trailer too (soon).

I will definitely post about the game after its release!

And big thanks for kudos about engine Wink Writing an engine is always only the half (the second - also very hard - are tools for it).

TheWanderingBen
Level 1

Making Games Around the Globe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »

Fantastic! Great work guys! Been following this since you started here, glad to see it finished Smiley

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2017, 12:26:03 AM »

@TheWanderingBen: Thanks a lot! Smiley

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2017, 01:28:50 AM »

This really looks amazing.  Grin

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »

@bombjack: Thanks a lot! The whole art is made by my brother. He indeed made a good job!

A bit offtopic:
I prepared a small post about our indiedev's life (promo post but not so serious) on imgur. Looks like it's doing fine, check out: The ascetic life of indiedevs

Regards!

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2017, 03:45:46 AM »

Hi
We have great news! Our game has been finally released!! Here is a second launch trailer:

Please visit our steam page: Archaica: The Path of Light on Steam and see for yourself what the game finally looks like. Also feel free to ask anything.

Here are some basic information (in short):

• We are two brothers: Piotr (programmer) and Marcin (artist)

• Piotr (that is me) made 99% of the code, Marcin made 99% of the Art

• Work on the game took us more than 3 years. It started with a simple idea that evolved over time. During this time Piotr
      created from scratch an engine and tools for this game (work on the engine started a bit earlier) and Marcin learned 3D modeling (also from scratch).

• At the beginning we worked half-time, after a few months - full-time.

• We deal with marketing, publishing and promotion ourselves

• We had a special diet during the development: See here Our diet

• Without the support of family making this game would not be possible!

• And of course - many people helped us in various parts of the project!

If You like our game we would be very grateful for sharing information about it!
    Our twitter: TwoMammoths twitter
    and facebook: TwoMammoths facebook

And a bonus: Just now there is live twitch stream from Archaica, take a look: https://www.twitch.tv/wolfsgorawr.

Kind Regards and wish us good luck Smiley

Mannapi
    Level 0

View Profile
    « Reply #96 on: September 09, 2017, 05:45:49 AM »

It looks amazing. Nice work on making such a polished game and only being 2 brothers, with a custom engine to boot!

I just bought it on Steam Smiley

pturecki
    Level 0

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #97 on: September 09, 2017, 06:19:25 AM »

@Mannapi: Awesome! Thanks Smiley Hope You will like the game Wink
    And feel free to post any feedback / ideas here. Cheers!

pturecki
    Level 0

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #98 on: September 25, 2017, 03:01:29 PM »

Hi. If You like stories please take a look at a story in Archaica. Here is a link to an article on IndieDB: What is the mysterious Path of Light?.

There are mixed opinions about the story in our game: some people like it very much, and some think it is completely unnecessary. The whole story is just a plain text (no voiceovers) plus sometimes in-game cutscenes.

Cheers!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
    Print
    Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic