Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411473 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 12:23:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesOverwatch
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 8306 times)
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2016, 01:22:21 PM »

Been playing for a few weeks now and I'm absolutely hooked, blizzard hit gold on this one.  If you haven't played it yet it's basicly TFC with STYLE and great balance, great feeling weapons, characters, sound,etc..basicly what TF2 COULD have been if they'd focused on gameplay first.

It's fun, it's UNBELIEVABLY fun, and it's super fast paced as you get matched with more experienced players.  I haven't been this into a FPS since UT2004.

-Fuzzy Spider
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 01:36:43 PM »

My SP3 can't run the game boo stop making me desire nice things Sad

zilluss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 02:01:24 PM »

I talked with a friend about the game and we noticed that we both had the impression that a lot of people seem to be "peer pressured" into buying the game. I wonder how many will be playing it a month or two from now.
The artistic execution of the game is lovely. The ammount of fanart it spawned reminded me of Splatoon and Undertale.

@zilluss | Devlog  Hand Point Right
Diabetes Forecast
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 02:19:40 PM »

TF2 waifu sim that has no chance of getting anywhere because it has no mapping tools or mod tools.

Dead within a year and a half max.
MESRecords
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 02:58:40 PM »

TF2 waifu sim that has no chance of getting anywhere because it has no mapping tools or mod tools.

I wonder about this. Blizzard games usually don't just 'die'. Yes, it's very similar to TF2, but you're really underestimating the power this company has.

Magurp244
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 11:02:38 PM »

Blizzard has become the Disney of the gaming industry, eloquent craftsmanship little more than mannequins laughing mirthlessly with formulaic prose. Overwatch will likely last longer than Heroes of the Storm, even if it is predictable.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 06:33:46 AM »

I'm a bit tired of seeing the internet being so overly enthusiastic about this game
Yes everything is very clean, polished and full of flashy, shiny effects but at it's core it's a dull and repetitive shooter to me.
The game feels like it's going to great lengths to tell me I'm having fun while never actually providing depth or intrest.

It seems to be all the big releases these days, feeding you the metrics you've been conditioned to recognize as entertainment or progress without enough effort or boldness in creating a new and worthwhile experience

I'll agree with that, it's going to get old as soon as people run out of new hats and ass poses to unlock, they'll realize they were only 'enjoying' it because of these metrics and not because of the gameplay

Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 02:10:14 PM »

not sure where you got that info but overwatch is a stright up balls to the wall team arena shooter, the TF2 comparisons basicly end after "it has champions and levels".

Anyways, anyone who actually wants to play instead of just parroting nonsense they heard on reddit feel free to add me Raptor85#1752

-Fuzzy Spider
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 02:24:27 PM »

I haven't played it but this person who's a long term team fortress scholar dating back to the original doom wad(??) said it's "pretty good"

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Magurp244
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 03:17:11 PM »

Hm? Prey tell, what are parrots saying on reddit? Such birds are very intelligent, perhaps they know something others don't? Either way, opinions are opinions. If you have fun and learn from the experience, then perhaps thats all that really matters.
MrBones
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 06:31:32 PM »

As long as they periodically release content they'll be fine. I think the game's gameplay rivals TF2 and I could see it reaching higher competitive play than hearthstone or HotS.

Besides, HotS may be "dead" but every update still sees headlines and there's still a decent competitive base.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 11:24:52 AM »

Game is incredibly fun and well designed. They did a great job making each character fell unique and useful. It sure has a nice TF2 feeling but it's definitely not the same.

It sucks that it doesn't have any mods or mapping tools, but Blizzard always support their games for a long time and I'm sure that new maps, heroes and game modes are already in the works. I doubt that it will live as much as something like WoW and Starcraft but it won't die in a few months like most multiplayer games.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 12:18:53 AM »

Not sure why everyone is so caught up on whether or not it's too similar to TF2 or not.
If it's not like TF2 that doesn't make it a good game, if it is like TF2 that doesn't necessarily make it a bad game, why do people argue?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 03:44:56 AM »

why do people argue?

that's what i ask myself everytime i visit a gamming website.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 03:54:19 AM »

yeah, i looked at it, it doesnt even look similar to games that not suck whats people problem.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 04:12:37 AM »

It seems pretty obvious to me that this gam was designed to be a TF2 killer, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. TF2 has been around for ages and it's getting pretty old at this point. Some fresh blood in this genre is nice to see.

I'm also just happy that Blizzard has finally made a new IP after spending ten years only producing sequels for their existing games.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 04:17:55 AM »

I'm also happy blizzard is making a game in a genre I give a fuk about again
less happy I can't actually play

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
GertyGame
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 04:37:09 AM »

It's nice to have another FPS game that fits in the competitive scene. I never enjoyed Counter-Strike too much and I've been waiting for new FPS titles that could fill the gap.

People are speculating if the game will live for a long time or not, but I think it's too early to say at this point. It's true that the core game play is simple and might get repetitive for some people. On the other hand, the heroes have unique abilities that offer a more complicated game play. Especially if/when Blizzard releases new heroes, maps and modes.

I've enjoyed my time with Overwatch so far. The amount of content is quite small at this point so let's hope it doesn't get boring before Blizzard provides us with more stuff.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 04:56:19 AM »

yeah, i looked at it, it doesnt even look similar to games that not suck whats people problem.

i literally couldn't care less about this game, i was just trying to be snarky.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 06:00:57 AM »

youre probably trolling because youre not pc-gamer if you dont care about new game from the creators of War Craft which is famous game
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic