Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:44:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesOverwatch
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 8308 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 07:37:44 PM »

No reason but I'm mr video, that'w hat it takes for split screen working on stuff where I'm stuck every 2s

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 09:49:58 PM »

Looks like Quake's Bitterman had a child with Tom Clancy. The kid sure takes after Bitterman.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 08:07:36 PM »

i like playing this game and think it is fun.

i got excited about it because my non-gaming friends got excited about it, which i thought was interesting.

i haven't enjoyed a multiplayer fps since bad company 2.

i don't follow any fan communities for it.

Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 11:40:44 PM »

I've had enough of Overwatch during its beta. Smiley Lack of content, disney-like graphics (it's not bad, but I don't like it), troubles with balance (but probably they've fixed it already)
----
I'm neutral about feminism, but I've got to admit - all female characters in OV are typical waifus (except for Zarya), while there are only 1-2 male characters that could be considered as hasubandos. :D
I think it's kinda strange that game industry became something all about sexuality, but man, if you give male players their waifus, give female players their hasubandos. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 11:49:08 PM by Slowminder » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 12:06:17 AM »

Zarya is a scientificaly accurate  russians women are big and ugly because of their slavic genetics.
Now proper nordic women are slim and naturally beatiful. There is only one proper woman but theres also exotic beatuies i am not racist i dont mind some hot asians.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 01:52:03 AM »

It's annoying the way every character seems to have been designed for a specific fetish or stereotype.
It's also annoying that there doesn't seem to be anything better to play, and that it's $90

Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 02:06:19 AM »

Zarya is a scientificaly accurate  russians women are big and ugly because of their slavic genetics.
Now proper nordic women are slim and naturally beatiful. There is only one proper woman but theres also exotic beatuies i am not racist i dont mind some hot asians.

I don't understand if you're being sarcastic or what?
Fat people are everywhere. Eastern european countries have lots of beautiful women. But that's not the case. I actually like Zarya. Russian bodybuilder Vladimir (with a beard and AK-74) would be much more generic.
Just like Mittens mentioned. There are fetish for every male out there.
Sexy tomboys - Tracer
Sexy exotic females - Pharah, Symmetra
Sexy schoolgirl - D.Va
Sexy nerd - Mei
Sexy milfs - Mercy, Widowmaker
--
Now what we have for female players?
Hanzo, McCree... That's it? Both representing almost same type of character. Badass hero with beard.
---
If we're talking about in-game fanservice, Blizzard should treat everyone equally. Though IMO they should better create more sexually neutral characters. Why the heck they couldn't give Tracer some kind of cargo pants? Gosh, I wanna play multiplayer shooter, not some fanservice fest.
---
All text written above is my (and only my) opinion.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 02:13:43 AM »

Eastern european countries have lots of beautiful women.
russian wife dot com
Russian bodybuilder Vladimir (with a beard and AK-74) would be much more generic.
there is no bearded russians since Peter the Great. Also its offensive considering that moustached man could not be shown on soviet tv.

also what are you talikng mercy and d va look the same age i find it unsitisfying in my female buffet
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 02:21:35 AM »

Eastern european countries have lots of beautiful women.
russian wife dot com
Russian bodybuilder Vladimir (with a beard and AK-74) would be much more generic.
there is no bearded russians since Peter the Great. Also its offensive considering that moustached man could not be shown on soviet tv.

also what are you talikng mercy and d va look the same age i find it unsitisfying in my female buffet

So basically you're just a troll, got it. Smiley No arguments, though.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 04:05:49 AM »

I was going to do a breakdown of which characters actually provide fanservice but it comes down to personal preference too much so I'll just shut up for now.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 04:57:45 AM »

I'm not sure if informing people that you don't know things about a thing you're not interested in is actually meaningful participation
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:09:37 AM by Schoq » Logged

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2016, 07:08:16 AM »

why buffy zarya had to had russian accent.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2016, 07:16:52 AM »

I'm not sure if informing people that you don't know things about a thing you're not interested in is actually meaningful participation

ur right. deleted my post.  Embarrassed
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2016, 07:18:46 AM »

dick

i mean richard

Magurp244
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 12:04:10 PM »

The percieved lack of diversity probably has more to do with the shallow pool of available inclusive stereotypes for them to draw from more than anything else. Also, 90$? WTF is with that? I've noticed this trend since Planetary Annihilation where there seem's to be some kind of wierd inflation for AAA titles creeping above 60$.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 12:29:05 PM »

where is it $90

and i am still enjoying this game by not participating in The Discourse and Just Playing it

Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2016, 02:25:02 PM »

it's never been $90, it's $59.99, same as basicly every other new release this decade.  As for lack of diversity in the men...what?  I think they covered pretty much all the bases on the male characters in overwatch all the way from bearded greatness to robin hood/street punk/a fucking ninja/etc. Hell there's even a fat biker if you're into that.  I kinda like how the cast is all over the top stereotypes from all over the world, i mean, come on, the American character is a fucking cowboy with a six shooter.

God this game has pretty much killed my playtime in everything else, it's literally saving me money as i haven't even opened steam to check the sales in weeks, lol.

-Fuzzy Spider
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2016, 02:28:29 PM »

i think its actually 40 the regular edition, with the Origins edition costing 60, which the proudct site defaults to and nowhere clarifies that there is a cheaper version for sale.

Magurp244
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 04:15:51 PM »

Bleh, was going off Mittens comment, serves me right for not fact checking (although maybe its regional, like Aus?). Its strange though, I could have sworn I saw Doom 4 and Dishonored 2 pre-orders going for 80$, or maybe that was before they announced the collectors edition? God, this is going to drive me nuts now...  Facepalm

The variety of different playstyles Overwatch characters seem to afford is intriguing though, it'll be quite interesting to see what other kinds of characters and styles they implement.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2016, 07:17:32 PM »

They forget fan service husanbando sephiroth and kpop boys band bieber

What's amazing is how the community run with the character
- PharMercy ship
- gremlin gamer trash d.va
- dad soldier 76
- etc ...

That said teh design of dva creeps me out

http://kotaku.com/overwatch-fans-have-turned-dva-into-a-dorito-eating-gre-1780675814

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic