Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:40:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesOverwatch
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 8300 times)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2016, 08:59:26 PM »

i Still Like overwatch

Magurp244
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2016, 10:28:31 PM »

Seems those Overwatch meme's are causing some facinating cultural existentialism [source]. Some Russians are apparently having difficulty reconciling the opposing concepts of Zarya being both a Patriot and potentially Gay.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2016, 10:43:17 PM »

they probably dont have difficulty reconciling american made character who is based on cold war era american stereotype.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2016, 10:48:24 PM »

if there was overwatch movie, she would be 100% played by some grunting austrian.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2016, 11:25:16 PM »

How the mighty have fallen
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2016, 07:07:22 AM »

Wow, that blade horns knight with a collar and exposed arms dude is a thing. Hard to beleive how disjointed all the elements on him look.

i just googled the guy and his name is mother fucking ANDROXUS

wow
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:13:38 AM by Alevice » Logged

JWest
Level 0

Aspiring dude.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2016, 12:14:12 PM »

So... thoughts on Ana?

It's a very different way to play, I'm pretty excited to try it out.

I'm here to learn things.

Watch me tryhard. | Watch me tweet about it.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »

looks like pc culture win

Magurp244
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2016, 12:55:10 PM »

A healing sniper seems like an interesting idea, curious to see how that plays out in game. Not sure about that tranq ability though, if Mei's anything to go by it could end up as a new kind of fresh hell for players.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:11:36 PM by Magurp244 » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2016, 02:47:41 AM »

Wow, that blade horns knight with a collar and exposed arms dude is a thing. Hard to beleive how disjointed all the elements on him look.

i just googled the guy and his name is mother fucking ANDROXUS

wow

that is a very buff hipster on that pic. i wonder if he can even wear skinny jeans w/o them bursting at the seams.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2016, 02:03:50 PM »

Yo I just wanted to chime in to say that Overwatch is a game that I like now that I have a computer capable of running it ok thanks bye

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »

im jellus

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2016, 03:38:56 PM »

I bought it :(
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2016, 03:57:07 PM »

my final overwatch review: 'what if there was tf2, except nothing ever happened in it'

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2016, 04:02:19 PM »

Overwatch is having a "free weekend", meaning anyone can download the full game for free (PC, XBOXOne, PS4) and play it for the duration of the weekend. After the weekend you'll still need to buy it to keep playing, but all your progress will carry over from the free weekend.

My wife and I have been playing the hell out of it for the PS4, I got it shortly after it first came out and I am happy to see how much Blizzard has been improving on it and adding new content without making it paid DLC and whatnot.

They just added a 3v3 elimination match where once you die you are out until one team or the other is completely eliminated. It immediately became the most popular mode (at least on the PS4) to the extent that everyone pretty much jumped out of the objective-based season competitive rankings to play it. There is a good reason for that, though, as it somehow hits the sweet spot of the character-based gameplay and comes of feeling along the lines of a balanced out Marvel vs Capcom 3 in FPS format. The characters really mesh well with this mode and the matches are fast and frequent, usually lasting about 5-8 minutes a piece (counting the entire best 3 out of 5 round). It is an absolute blast that made a good game better.

I like to play support/defensive roles usually so in the game I tend to main the snipers (Black Widow and Ana) or Mei or Symmetra for defense, but Sombra is quickly becoming another favorite as I can provide stealth support with her.

my final overwatch review: 'what if there was tf2, except nothing ever happened in it'
I can't speak for the PC or XBOXOne, but on the PS4 at least that is not the case at all. The matches are almost consistently tight and tactical with great pacing (more so with the newly added arcade modes, especially with the elimination 3v3). Prior to the last update finding matches was no problem, but after this last update (which added the elimination 3v3) pretty much everyone jumped out of every other mode to play e3v3 so right now it is slim pickings outside it. I don't have a problem with that myself, because the e3v3 is perfect and probably the most fun I've had in a FPS since GoldenEye/Perfect Dark or Quake 3/Unreal Tournament.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:09:01 PM by JWK5 » Logged

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2016, 04:20:56 PM »

That 3V3 elimination mode sounds like an Overwatch CS:GO hybrid.

I'm gonna try it.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »

That 3V3 elimination mode sounds like an Overwatch CS:GO hybrid.

I'm gonna try it.

Let me say I am typically bad at FPS games and have had Overwatch for one day.  I was in 3v3 elimination, 5th round- the deciding round- and it was down to me as Pharah vs the other player playing Pharah.  I got a mid-air kill as we were both rocketing upwards.  It was pretty good.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2016, 02:18:51 PM »

is dis gam gud
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2016, 02:28:49 PM »