Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:04:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHey who wants to talk about the computer game "WASTED"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Hey who wants to talk about the computer game "WASTED"  (Read 4102 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2016, 09:26:59 AM »

Hi folks, it seems on this web site there might be more than a few people who have a kind of "tech tithe" on their pay cheques by subscribing to services such as Stuff Box, Dork Crate, Loot Chute, Crap Wrap, Junk Hunk, Swindle Bindle, Knack Sack, Scrag Bag, Chump Dump, or other similar services where you pay a guy to send you boxes of plastic vampire teeth and mispainted dolls of Bat Man. However, one such service, the "Humble" "Monthly" "Bundle" uses this model to sell computer games to you, the consumer.

One such game is "WASTED", by long time friend of this web site: Derek Yu. A number of you have probably now got this game, so maybe we could talk about Derek Yu's latest master piece here.

I'll start: it's good... Haha psyche, I have even more to say than that: I like how it wraps up a lot of the trappings of proecedural generation into a mechanically coherent package which also has an overarching narrative. It even has the equivalent of the Cave Story "ghost" who comes and kills you if you take too long, but now he has a minigun.

This one gets a "cool" from me, Superb Joe, on my 2 point scale of "cool" to "not cool". Let me know your experience.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 09:31:51 AM »

ps sorry for posting spoilers in case any body didn't know there are guns in this game
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 10:51:28 AM »

Derek Yu is Mr. Podunkian ?
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »

The Underside's really come a long way
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 12:27:24 PM »

Derek Yu is Mr. Podunkian ?
that's my understanding of things, yes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 12:55:14 PM »

spelunkuhuy ripoff           .
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 02:24:11 PM »

spelunkuhuy ripoff           .
such a brazen one too, can't believe derek would further antagonise arthur lee like that, i thought they were friends
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 03:21:05 PM »

Send me the key, Joe
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 04:05:57 PM »

i actually have a key that i got in the monthly humble bundle (i already own the game cause podunk gave me a free key, so this new key is extra). so if you want that key capt i can pm it to you on fb or something

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 04:29:20 PM »

Send me the key, Joe
i don't have a key. i have house keys. anyway you should buy it on tuesday. its good
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »

i actually have a key that i got in the monthly humble bundle (i already own the game cause podunk gave me a free key, so this new key is extra). so if you want that key capt i can pm it to you on fb or something

Thanks!

Send me the key, Joe
i don't have a key. i have house keys. anyway you should buy it on tuesday. its good

Thanks!!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 04:48:14 PM »

Thanks!

Send me the key, Joe

Thanks!!

You're welcome
zadokallen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 11:56:59 PM »

Why wouldn`t you wait for Tuesday to post that, you bad man? Now, I went to HB, typed in Wasted, and was offered a space goat.

To add insult to injury, come Tuesday, it will probably be available only to these pesky Steam people. Correct?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 01:22:39 AM »

Why wouldn`t you wait for Tuesday to post that, you bad man? Now, I went to HB, typed in Wasted, and was offered a space goat.

To add insult to injury, come Tuesday, it will probably be available only to these pesky Steam people. Correct?
you seem weird. you should work on that.
zadokallen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 01:43:57 AM »

I am, though unsure if I should work to or fro the target.

Regardless, I should probably grind some levels before crashing a VIP conversation, however my misguided impression upon reading this thread was that there is a new game available from the creator of Spelunky. This, simple as I am, got me quite excited.

So I went to Humble and ended up reading about Goat Simulator: Waste Of Space. Quite an anticlimax, this.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 01:51:56 AM »

I am, though unsure if I should work to or fro the target.

Regardless, I should probably grind some levels before crashing a VIP conversation, however my misguided impression upon reading this thread was that there is a new game available from the creator of Spelunky. This, simple as I am, got me quite excited.

So I went to Humble and ended up reading about Goat Simulator: Waste Of Space. Quite an anticlimax, this.
apologies for illegally trolling you but the developer is actually arthur lee aka mr podunkian aka derek yu with a goatee signifying his dark soul and evil intent. this new game was unexpectedly part of the humble monthly bundle but i think regardless you can only get it in steam form.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 02:55:09 AM »

So glad they put this game in the june humble bundle.
zadokallen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2016, 03:14:45 AM »

apologies for illegally trolling you but the developer is actually arthur lee aka mr podunkian

No worries, I do enjoy a bit of cryptic puzzlework on a Sat afternoon.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/05/29/wasted-puts-fallout-and-borderlands-in-a-roguelike-wrapper/209054/
in case anybody else was in the dark about this. Looks good, hope it will release on some DRM Free channel eventually.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 03:24:20 AM »

Has anyone ever seen dirk yu and arthur lee (of love) in the same room?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic