Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:41:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAlmost a Hero
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Almost a Hero  (Read 65652 times)
JShrum.Composer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 10:16:06 PM »

The art is already so polished and the animations have a lot of fun little character bits. Your guys' experience shows for sure.
I think the art style really helps this game stand out.

Looking forward to it. Smiley

I make music! Take a listen:
WebsiteSoundcloud
batiali
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 07:39:56 AM »

Thanks Jshrum for the compliments. Smiley

I'd like to share more details about the wannabes we are working on.
We are putting a lot of effort to bring the characters to life even if we won't use all the context we create in the game. Makes us happier.

VEXX

Vexx is a forest girl from the Arboreal Cloak. She’s calm when she’s alone with trees, but is useless around people, elves, arfs and any other living thing. This is when her anger management problems manifest. She takes almost everything as a personal insult until she thinks it through. She’s quite a scary person to be around, especially with her huge hammer Sid. Vexx would rather confront you than get to know you, so this makes life for Hilt very difficult especially as he falls head over heels in love with her.
Even when he eventually confesses his love for her she thinks it’s a trap and beats him up.

Vexx is very quick tempered. She’d rather fight you than get to know you – it compensates her shyness. She has a big hammer too, called Sid.

Ultimate - By slamming the hammer to the ground several times in a row, deals huge damage to all enemies.

Active 1 - Gains increased attack speed for a small duration.

Active 2 - Concentrates next attack to jump and devastate enemies with Sid.

BELLYLARF

Practical jokes need to be funny and harmless – two things Bellylarf can’t grasp. Doing a wee in the village well or setting fire to the corn supplies isn’t funny, but he still does that sort of thing.

Bellylarf once hid in a barrel for 3 years for a joke. The people of Foliax – his home village - said it was the happiest time of their lives. Then Bellylarf got so big he broke the barrel and his awful pranking started again. So when the crusade to save the world from Gog came about Bellylarf was volunteered by the villagers to be a hero. Hopefully he won’t make it back.

Bellylarf is THE most annoying person ever. He thinks he’s funny, but isn’t. Belting you over the head with a leg of beef is high comedy to him.

Ultimate - Gets angry for no reason, doubling his health, damage & speed for several seconds.

Active 1 - Gains a protective shield & taunts all the enemies to hit him instead of his allies for some time.

Active 2 - Nothing can stand between him and his lunch. Restores life and additional damage bonus for next attack.

Thanks for visiting the devlog. Let us know if you have any feedback!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:56:04 AM by batiali » Logged

Designer | Developer | Website | Twitter | Devlog: Almost a Hero

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 01:18:07 PM »

Bellylarf and Vexx.

A loaf and a quick-tempered girl.

You nail their personality and description from their names alone. When I think "Vexx," I immediately think of a snippy girl, for example. Their appearances, as well, go a long way.

Seriously fantastic work on creating well-designed and descriptive names/faces.

P.S. - I just followed you on Twitter (my main source of seeing developers' work and staying in touch with everyone), so I look forward to seeing you on there as well! :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
batiali
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 11:37:25 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Tony. Glad you are enjoying the names!

Our plan is to create voiceovers for each character as well.
Hopefully those lines will bring lots of character to our misfits.
My initial idea was to even create scenarios where they talk with each other under rare conditions, but we scrapped that idea for the moment. You know, the game is already overambitious.

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
batiali
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 08:08:27 AM »

Hey y'all! Sorry for the lack of updates.

Good news is that we developed and released a simple game during this time.

It's called min!, a minimal puzzler inspired by tetris for mobile. It's free in case you want to try. iOS |  Android

We've been also developing Almost a Hero and we are very close to start alpha testing.
If you want to be a part of it, please send me your email address and I'll add you to our alpha list. (no landing page to collect e-mails at this moment.)

Let me introduce you V.

Here's an in game footage showing V's skills in action.

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to comment and let me know if you want to try the alpha!

Walroar
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2016, 03:47:40 AM »

Hi , i'd like to try the alpha if possible
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:20:37 AM by Walroar » Logged
Arc-Funke
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 08:05:10 AM »

Have been following this project for quite some time now and I would also be interested in joining the Alpha.
Greetings Arc-Funke
vitorlanna
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 12:45:44 PM »

That logo animation you posted a long time ago is fantastic, I'm gonna study it for sure xD

Also, I'd like to join the alpha if possible!

batiali
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 01:48:48 PM »

Thanks a lot!

You can send me an email: [email protected] with your email for alpha. (please send which os you are using as well, iOS or Android)

Here's one of the bosses we have in the game. Will post more updates very soon!

batiali
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2016, 01:13:49 AM »

Here's the making of one of our first hero wannabe in the game. Kind Lenny!

A reformed shopkeeper from hell. Kind Lenny has turned his back on fleecing customers to save the world. Armed with Pip his apple gun, justice will be done.

Kind Lenny ran an over priced garden centre called Daylight Shrubbery. His mottos was, ‘If it’s free, it’s for sale.’ Basically, he took anything free like plants, flowers, fruit, veg, animals – and sold it. He took SO much of nature’s harvest people HAD to buy it from him. Then one day he had an epiphany. He saw the face of Gog in his stove fire. It laughed at him and said ‘You an me are the same.’ From that moment on Lenny changed his ways. Now he wants to undo any bad he has done and help save the world from the tyranny of Gog. Lenny is from Oakenby in The Arboreal Cloak.

batiali
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 06:54:31 AM »

Sorry for the lack of updates. It's been some extremely busy months for us.
But here we are, proud of finally completing Almost a Hero.

Now we submitted the game to itunes, got approved. It's in the state of "Pending Developer Release". We are planning to release the game around the first week of March. Working on promotional art and trying to contact as many media outlets as possible. (With no luck, yet)

Here's our first teaser, we will polish starting from this. As always, all feedbacks are appreciated.

Adranir
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2017, 09:23:58 AM »

That's so coooooooooooooooool !
You make a huge work, I WANT THIS GAME !
InterGalactic
Level 0

Indigo Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 09:33:02 AM »

Congrats on getting so far with this polished game!  Wizard

I feel like the trailer could be better though, I think what would be funny/cool is that you take it serious for half of the trailer , then suddenly bring out the humour, so almost like a parody. Best of luck.

batiali
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 06:50:52 AM »

Thanks a lot for encouraging words! Smiley

I feel like the trailer could be better though, I think what would be funny/cool is that you take it serious for half of the trailer , then suddenly bring out the humour, so almost like a parody. Best of luck.

I totally agree, and I found the suggestion on point. It's a shame these videos has to be around 20-30 sec. Still, even in that short amount of time, the effect you mentioned can be achieved. We'll give it a go!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic