Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412111 Posts in 69451 Topics- by 58490 Members - Latest Member: tzdevil

June 29, 2024, 03:05:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCat Quest - The most pawsome cat adventure ever made - GREENLIT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Cat Quest - The most pawsome cat adventure ever made - GREENLIT!  (Read 17145 times)
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 02:58:47 AM »

Your cat is vicious --- he most likely killed Link AND stole his tunic!

Tongue

Looks great!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
TheGentlebros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 04:51:02 AM »

Your cat is vicious --- he most likely killed Link AND stole his tunic!

Tongue

Looks great!

Hehehe! Absolutely! Legend of Cats: Purr of the Wild!

We are Bros....Gentlebros!
Follow us on Twitter @TheGentlebros
YellowChord
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 07:53:28 AM »

This game looks great! I absolutely love the cat.  Grin

I wanted to let you know that I teach a summer camp in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA focused on composing for video games and a student of mine chose to write some music for your game. We're wrapping things up tomorrow and I'll be sure to let you know where you can listen! You're by no means obligated to use it in your game, but I wanted to give my students an opportunity to try their hand at writing original music for actual games.

Thank you for creating something that inspires young people!

Troy Strand
Composer, Yellow Chord Audio
@YellowChord

TheGentlebros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 07:19:53 PM »

This game looks great! I absolutely love the cat.  Grin

I wanted to let you know that I teach a summer camp in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA focused on composing for video games and a student of mine chose to write some music for your game. We're wrapping things up tomorrow and I'll be sure to let you know where you can listen! You're by no means obligated to use it in your game, but I wanted to give my students an opportunity to try their hand at writing original music for actual games.

Thank you for creating something that inspires young people!

Troy Strand
Composer, Yellow Chord Audio
@YellowChord

Yes I believe your student emailed us! It was really touching and inspiring for us too. :D
Honestly, the music was pretty nice, and with some tweaks, could really be used in the game!

TheGentlebros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 03:52:27 AM »

Its been a while since our last update, but we got spells working in the game! This is Lightnyan, a lightning spell that hits enemies to your left and right!

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 04:30:31 AM »

Looks nice, love the graphics!  Wizard

TheGentlebros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 07:51:23 AM »

Looks nice, love the graphics!  Wizard

Thanks alot! :3

brantkings
Level 0

I like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 08:07:07 AM »

Subscribing, this looks awesome! It's really nice to see ex- Koei Tecmo devs actually coming here and writing a devlog. I wonder how you guys are gonna handle dungeons, or are you going to keep things happening in just the overworld?

TheGentlebros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 06:03:32 PM »

Subscribing, this looks awesome! It's really nice to see ex- Koei Tecmo devs actually coming here and writing a devlog. I wonder how you guys are gonna handle dungeons, or are you going to keep things happening in just the overworld?

Thanks for the support!

Dungeons will be places you can go to on the map. If you find one, you can enter it, and it will look like that.

Each cave/dungeon will have its own unique layout, and you will fight enemies, collect gold and find treasure in these places. Smiley

Oblotzky
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2016, 01:04:17 AM »

I love the artstyle! Is there a "story" or do you just roam the world looking for adventure? Definitely something I'd consider playing on my iPad
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 03:06:04 AM »

The little "spotlight" shining down to signify you're in a dungeon is perfect. Very classic, and very effective :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
TheGentlebros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 03:25:16 AM »

I love the artstyle! Is there a "story" or do you just roam the world looking for adventure? Definitely something I'd consider playing on my iPad

There is definitely a story, which will be the Main Quest of the game.
That being said, we're also taking a page out of Skyrim's books, and also designing side quests that you can take up from NPC's and towns.
There will also be optional caves and dungeons that you can find on the map and challenge on your own as well. :D

TheGentlebros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 03:26:40 AM »

The little "spotlight" shining down to signify you're in a dungeon is perfect. Very classic, and very effective :D

Thanks! Yea, hopefully others will get that feel too! Smiley

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2016, 03:28:12 AM »

is there going to be any knockback. it looks like you uncontrollably run into enemies and get damaged and have short limbs
Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 03:52:47 AM »

is there going to be any knockback

This game does look fantastic, a great sense of character, but I do agree that if at all possible introducing a bit of physicality into the battles would greatly help.

TheGentlebros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2016, 05:30:17 AM »

is there going to be any knockback. it looks like you uncontrollably run into enemies and get damaged and have short limbs
This game does look fantastic, a great sense of character, but I do agree that if at all possible introducing a bit of physicality into the battles would greatly help.

Thanks for the feedback!
Do you guys mean that when enemies hit you, the blow will also physically push you back?
We have it for enemies, but couldn't find a way to have it for the player yet. Is this what you all mean?

We had issues making it for the player, as it would always push the player away from combat, requiring the player to physically run back into the fray. Anyone has any solution to this? Sad

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2016, 09:28:51 AM »

damage animation + i frames for the player, a good chunky knockback for enemies that get hit because of the imprecision of mobile controls
TheGentlebros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2016, 04:53:08 PM »

damage animation + i frames for the player, a good chunky knockback for enemies that get hit because of the imprecision of mobile controls

Thanks! We'll try that!
Since our game isn't a straight up ARPG, we're planning to do a mix of a damage animation, i frames and some cheating when it comes to the knockback, hehe.

craigz
Level 0

human.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2016, 05:11:50 PM »

Oh my gosh this game is beautiful! :D :D  Hand Clap

TheGentlebros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2016, 10:07:18 PM »