Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:25:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsBeginner Game Jam Seeking Mentors!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Beginner Game Jam Seeking Mentors!  (Read 1559 times)
cloudgods
Level 0

im j

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2016, 04:06:56 PM »

My First Game Jam — July 9th to July 23rd

Hi everyone! #MyFirstGameJam is looking for game dev mentors this summer!

Our mission for this jam is to create an exciting, inclusive space for anyone to start making games. We held this jam previously in the winter (with over 500 participants + 100 games!!) and are excited to host an encore jam this summer! Our goal for the summer jam is to connect even more experienced developers with budding jammers on the community.

Check out our jam page for more information! We are seeking experienced game developers to mentor and encourage jammers: if you're excited about making game development more accessible to beginners, sign up for email reminders on the jam community events!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:18:43 AM by cloudgods » Logged

Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 06:05:43 AM »

Hey cloudgods!

I kinda learnt how to make games just doing game jams, I've participated in over 30 of them and, from time to time, we join in as mentors in national physical jams.

I'm not 100% about what you are expecting from mentors in "my first game jam" but it sounds like a cool project, so let me know I can be of any help :-)

Cheers!

cloudgods
Level 0

im j

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 05:53:31 PM »

I'm not 100% about what you are expecting from mentors in "my first game jam" but it sounds like a cool project, so let me know I can be of any help :-)

Hi! That's awesome to hear! We think jams are a pretty good way for people to start out and experiment with dev also!

I should have clarified: we want mentors to check out the devlogs on the community + screenshots posted to the twitter tag and give encouragement + helpful feedback! We also have a game jam slack that is pretty active during the jam: we would like mentors to pop in and chat with jammers + comment on people's progress + answer questions. You can sign up for our slack here!

Thanks for your interest!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 02:27:30 AM »

I think you might get more replies if you make the title clearer. Now it sounds like someone wants a personal mentor for their first game jam, not like there's a jam named "my first game jam" whose organisers are looking for mentors in a more professional fashion.

cloudgods
Level 0

im j

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 09:26:40 AM »

I think you might get more replies if you make the title clearer. Now it sounds like someone wants a personal mentor for their first game jam, not like there's a jam named "my first game jam" whose organisers are looking for mentors in a more professional fashion.

Oh man this didn't even occur to me--thanks for pointing it out! Hopefully this title revision is clearer.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic