Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:35:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[REV & PAID] Audio Designers Wanted
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [REV & PAID] Audio Designers Wanted  (Read 1920 times)
retone.audio
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2016, 07:10:45 PM »

reTone Audio is currently looking for sound designers and musicians to help create asset packs for the Unity Asset Store, Unreal Marketplace, AudioJungle, AudioSparx and FMOD.io libraries. Our goal is to release AAA quality assets at indie friendly prices.

As a sound designer, your responsibilities will be:
- Creating SFX for multiple genres of video games
- Creating drones and ambiences
- Help edit our VO assets
- Assisting other designers with the creation of asset packs

As a musician, your responsibilities will be:
- Creating at least five 1:00 - 2:00 minute songs that loop
- Creating at least two 2:00 - 4:00 minute songs that do not loop
- Assisting other musicians with the creation of asset packs

YOU MUST OWN 100% OF CONTENT YOU PROVIDE. THE USAGE OF UNCLEARED SAMPLES OR SAMPLES YOU DO NOT OWN IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Requirements:
- At least 2 years of experience creating and implementing audio in video games
- Proficient with Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Ableton Live, FL Studio, Logic Pro or any other DAW of your choice
- A link to your sound reel (DO NOT send attachments - they will be ignored)

Applicants with in-game credits are considered a higher priority.

Compensation:
- 75% from each asset pack you create (until January 1st, 2018 or a new agreement has been made)
- The legal right to distribute and sell your work online
- Industry standard credits, where applicable

I am currently conducting an experiment by selling specialty asset packs for developers. As a musician and sound designer myself, I know you cannot survive off of rev-share. That is why after January 1st, 2017 (when the contract for services will end) I will evaluate the performance of sales per asset pack and start paying a minimum of $150 for services.

Please send your resume, sound reel and any relevant qualifications to [email protected]

FAQs:
Why am I only going to receive royalties until January 1st, 2018 or until a new agreement has been made?
You're licensing your work to reTone Audio, not selling it to us. Once the agreement ends your work will be removed from our website and affiliate sites. After January 1st, 2018 I will not be able to sell your work, unless otherwise specified.

Why should I create audio for you when I can distribute it myself?
Again, this is just an experiment. I am going to distribute your work to professional networks, both privately and publicly, to promote my company and your music. My goal is to either provide a developer with royalty-free music or point them in your direction for freelance work. I hope we will be able to work again in the future. As Dave Fennoy and Paul Eiding once told me, "We're all colleagues in this industry. We're all in this together."

Will this lead to a full-time position at reTone Audio?
Possibly. Depends on if I am able to stay afloat financially. There will definitely be contract work available.

Instead of doing a rev-share agreement, can I just charge you upfront?

Eventually. When the funds are available. If we do it that way I would prefer to buy 100% of the work from you, which can get pretty pricey if I want to be fair.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:45:24 AM by retone.audio » Logged
Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 11:58:44 PM »

Hi John, can you clarify on this please:

I am going to distribute your work to professional networks, both privately and publicly, to promote my company and your music.

What networks are you talking about specifically? Can you back this up? I did a little check and I can't find anything from retone in either of the web stores you mentioned or any other form of work references. Only a facebook page with two posts.

It does sound a bit like you want other people to do the heavy lifting of creating the content that you want to sell.

Why should I choose to work with you instead of established audio re-sellers like http://www.sonniss.com or http://www.asoundeffect.com?

None of this is meant to be harsh or disrespectful! I just want to get an idea about what you can offer that others can't.

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

retone.audio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:38:54 AM »

That is a fantastic question! reTone Audio is still in the works. The best I can show you is my personal portfolio and connection list on LinkedIn.

- https://www.linkedin.com/in/analogstik
- http://johnmontoya.info
- http://retone.audio

As a sound designer myself, I am also working on creating asset packs. I cannot tell you the type of project we're working on publicly but I can assure you this isn't me trying to find a bunch of people to do all of the leg work for me.

If you want, I can send you a NDA and tell you more about the project in detail!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:46:48 AM by retone.audio » Logged
justincavenagh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »

Sent you an email! Looking forward to talking with you further.

pitkevich80
Level 0

quest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 08:13:28 AM »

Sent you PM Wink
Pengus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 08:24:17 AM »

I do admire the idea if you actually get a gang of composers to work for you, easy money and a cheap way out of it if it doesn't work out for you. Me myself as a composer I say NO THANKS! Smiley

Valo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 04:17:53 PM »

Why would I give you 25% when I could just as well self publish my music? I don't see you having any better promotional channels than a regular sound designer has.

In order to justify your cut, you actually need to offer some value in exchange.
pitkevich80
Level 0

quest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »

Sent MAIL Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic