Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:54:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioListening to your own music
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Listening to your own music  (Read 2219 times)
Chaotrope
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 01:04:08 AM »

Definitely all the time. It kind of makes sense, since isn't the music you create the music you most would want to listen to?

While you're composing though, I recommend not listening to it over and over. I think your brain gets into these ruts, and coming back after a period of time can free it up. It's what I do if I ever get stuck or feel like what I'm writing sucks.

Composer of music for a number of video games, including Deadpour: Tactics and Tuneria, a music-centered RPG. Author of Chaotrope songs on RockBand Network.

Stay up to date with my new music at https://soundcloud.com/chaotrope
Beyond
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 02:07:36 AM »

Yeah, I worked on a big project (well, song) this week and I listened a lot during writing. But I couldn't get back to being the receiver of music. Still find it hard. I just keep listening for those quirks, wanting to make it perfect

- You're a short one, but there's a strong look to you
Hitrison
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 07:54:03 PM »

Sometimes, but not very often.  I like my own music, but I'd rather other people listen to it.   Coffee  Plus, I can get very self-critical.

Enrique Ponce
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 06:23:08 PM »

I have never felt ashamed for listening to my own music. The main reason being that nobody has the taste that I have. Another reason may be the hindsight effect of a composition; meaning that you may appreciate a piece of music simply because you know how much work you went through to get that final product.

I have also found that listening to my own music also allows me to think about other directions a track could have gone in and I begin to make mental notes for myself for future projects. I don't think anything negative can come of it so by all means, make a me me me playlist!

Film & Video Game Composer
www.enriqueponcemusic.com

Contact at [email protected]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic