Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:57:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsSeries of technical articles on C++ (mostly)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Series of technical articles on C++ (mostly)  (Read 1642 times)
RuiFig
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2016, 02:02:46 PM »

Been coding for some 25 years already, and this year I thought it was about time I start sharing knowledge instead of consuming it.
I focus mostly on C++, since that's what I use daily at work.

The last few months I've been creating articles about topics I've been dealing with at work. Mostly RPCs, Boost/Asio, etc.
Anyone interested in reading no-bs programming articles, go ahead. No ads. Just content, done with passion and love (And lots of wasted time). Smiley

Best ones so far (in my opinion), from oldest to newest:

Callstack markers (boost::asio::detail::call_stack)

This article explores callstack markers, and a few things they can help us with. Very similar to a helper class  found in Asio/Boost Asio (boost::asio::detail::call_stack) . Ends with a self-contained custom implementation.

How strands work and why you should use them

This one focus on explaining the strand concept found in Asio/Boost Asio, and ends with a self-contained custom implementation. Uses the callstack markers class introduced in the previous one.

Portable C++ Timer Queue

This dissects a portable timer queue, and again ends with a self-contained custom implementation.

Modern C++ lightweight binary RPC framework without code generation

This one took me probably around 2 months to put together. Only a few hours here and there of course. It puts together a C++ RPC framework with a surprisingly simple API that doesn't need code generation. The framework has roots in something I started last year, but I pretty much refactored and improved the entire thing as I was writing the article.
I'm actively using this framework in my game, and it will be improved as I go. So the article will of course be out of sync with the source code repository soon enough.

Code Monkey at Cloudgine Ltd. Personal blog on coding: http://www.crazygaze.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic