Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 04:57:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGOOD FOOD GAMES, game to support kultivated dining
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GOOD FOOD GAMES, game to support kultivated dining  (Read 2906 times)
jazzuo
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2007, 11:45:13 PM »

hi

i am an artest, i believe all of you know that. But many of you probably dont know i am also a designer. I am in dining tableware design field of design. cups and plates and balls. I do ceramics mostly. Anyway back in owr study we founded a project called "GOOD FOOD". Basicly a place for tableware designers to gather and help each other. Since last exibition i started to do pc presentation for this project. Video presentation interactive CD, all made with Gamemaker. And i made also unfinished 2 good food games that went along the presentation CD. Now i polished them added one more game and it is finished as good food trilogy packadge

DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:01:06 AM by jazzuo » Logged
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 12:51:12 AM »

I don't understand what is going on in those screen shots, but I like how the word "Food" upside down looks kinda like "poo".

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 12:30:59 PM »

I've added this to my list to check, I'll comment later

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 04:23:02 PM »

Ok I tried the game played for a while, here are my comments...

Game 1:
The concept of selecting good or bad food is interesting but the game is a bit too simplistic. I don't feel the player is really involved in the process. I think the game would be better if, instead of simply moving the mouse of the icons, the player would have to click them. Left click = good food, right click = bad food. The game would also be less frustrating because, many times, the player can change the selection of an item without wanting it while trying to grab points. The game get's quickly repeptitve. You need to add other elemnts such as, I dunno, trash that you can't select in any cases. Or poison or chain-saws or animals... Anything that you wouldn't usually eat.

Anyway, the concept is interesting, there's something to work on. Let's check the next game shall we?

Game 2
Gah! I played like 30 seconds... The controls are not intuitive at all... Well, the game isn't bad, I really like the concept, but the rotation of the icons is really unnatural. I'd make it that you hqve to circle your mouse around the center rather than moving the mouse up or down. By making circles, the controls would be alot easier to pick up, use and learn. The concept is very nice,as I mentionned, and I really like how the icons spread out as you move the mouse near or far from the middle. Oh and the tutorial screen didn't tell me anything at all. Actualy, it only confused me. Tongue You definitively have to work on it... Wink

Next!
Game 3:
Quite interesting too! Alas, something is bothering me here too... First of all, instead of nothing, the starting line could feature 2 or 4 containers so we know we have to drop something into them. Second, you should make the different pieces fall more constantly rather than by shots. Most of the time, there was a rather long period of waiting bewteen falling food and when they dropped, 3 or four were falling at the same time. The worst part is that most of the times, two combinable elements were dropping so I couldn't get my line empty. Let's say I have a cup waiting for a drop of water. Well, when a drop of water fell, a cup was following, menaing that I got one point but it took me back to my original state.

Have you tried to fill the line entirely with different containers? The player's goal could be to get rid of the all stuff on the line and would loose lives the same way. There could be some kind of progression too... Cleaning teh entire line gives you bonuses and cranks up the game's difficulty by one.

In all three games, the mood is great. It's relaxing and simple. The colors are also really soothing. I find the music to be "elevator-ish" in a good way. Simple and fun, light and mellow. I can't understand a word tho Tongue For all I know, the lyrics could be about blowing up all McDonalds in the world Wink

Anyway, you've got something going on here, you just need to make them easier to pick up. Also, try to create some progressions in the game to keep the player comin' back.

Well, keep it up!
Guert

Eden
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 10:37:11 PM »

This was an interesting experience. Quite playful, especially given the strict rules. The rules don't interest me much. It's the aesthetics, the way I interact with  the game that make this interesting.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 03:14:52 PM »

Interesting indeed.
Of all the games, the third was the most interesting for me gameplay wise. There's definitely something worth digging there.
There's also something really interesting with the game aesthetics, the colors and the use of symbols sort of reminds me of old LCD displays or vector games,and I find it neat.
Too bad it's a bit pixellated. If it was all antialiased it would be very nice.
This could be a new graphic trend, kind of like the current geometric trend but without the annoying blur and flashes.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic