Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:09:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Pixel Fonts
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Fonts  (Read 2696 times)
Retro
Level 2

Matej Jan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 01:38:40 PM »

I meant second to last row/column? But yeah, we're talking about the same one. It's VERY stylish, good improvement!!!

voidSkipper
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 01:00:24 AM »

This is all I have to contribute. It was made as a font for my engine's debugger. It probably won't take a lot of sleuthing to guess where the inspiration came from  Embarrassed

Um, nope, I have no idea who inspired that. Who was it?

Looks nice, btw Smiley Simple 5x8

I remember it being very close to one of the Pokemon fonts, though I don't remember which.
Lares Yamoir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 04:28:19 AM »

Nice fonts. Only critic I have is the middle right font on your last posted pic.
The A and N look far to similar in my opinion. Would add at least a horizontal bar to the A.

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 10:05:27 AM »

Nice fonts. Only critic I have is the middle right font on your last posted pic.
The A and N look far to similar in my opinion. Would add at least a horizontal bar to the A.
Oh hey, hadn't notched that. It's only a study of a font- though I could've made them one pixel wider, and I could put the bar in A, to alleviate that problem.

Good eye! And thanks Smiley

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »

This is all I have to contribute. It was made as a font for my engine's debugger. It probably won't take a lot of sleuthing to guess where the inspiration came from  Embarrassed

Um, nope, I have no idea who inspired that. Who was it?

Looks nice, btw Smiley Simple 5x8

I remember it being very close to one of the Pokemon fonts, though I don't remember which.
Perhaps? If you're thinking retro, then those were 8x8 monospace, not like yours.

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 09:20:45 PM »

Week 8/Day 56.

Now halfway through my 2-week vacation, I had yesterday off, so I had some time to sketch up just two fonts.

Unfortunately, my mouse is broken. So I am using a trackpad..... XD Oh well

As soon as I land back home on the 6th, I'll get right back into daily font-making :D

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 12:05:13 AM »

Well, now wraps up Week 10 of pixel fonts. And boy did I have fun back in the saddle :D
The vacation was great, yes- but, I couldn't wait to get back to the font-making.

In total there were 16 fonts made. Once again beating out the previous week of most fonts. Woo!

As always- critiques, questions, comments, everything is welcome Smiley

PS. I am open for one-on-one work. Whether text work (like game titles), or font work, or even just a consult on pixel fonts themselves, message me and I'd be more than happy to help out. You guys deserve the best pixel fonts for your games, and I'd love to be the one to help get you them Smiley

PSS. The fonts are not on my itch.io page yet. I'm taking my time making sure it's set up correctly, and that I have enough stocked up on full font sets Smiley I anticipate having the first couple dozen available bu the beginning of August *fingers crossed*

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 03:43:10 AM »

Started the soft-launch of my itch page :D

So there are two fonts you can download right now. I'll be adding more every few days, for the foreseeable future Smiley

http://earlygames.itch.io

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 04:10:43 AM »

Congratulations to the launch! Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

Some notes:
+ The header image is very big an wider than my monitor. Embarrassed
+ You should write some sample text additionally to (or instead of?) the glyph atlas.
+ Your black and white theme is a nice minimal choice. Colored text mockups would let the fonts shine, maybe?
+ The antialiasing won't stop anyone from stealing your work, it makes the font examples look bad, instead.
+ Even if someone would copy the letters, it's still a lot of work to create a TTF font.
+ More likely, a thief would buy the font and resell it. Sad

Edit: One additional thing. You could create some light 'branding'. For example:

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:49:24 AM by zorg » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic