Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:36:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38
Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 72834 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2016, 08:31:55 AM »

yeah, even when they released the first official timeline, seemed to be due to a degree of peer pressure rather than anything planned out long term. specially since you get time travel timeline split bullshit that just cant work.

i mean, we got contradictory origins for both the cap and the sword already

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2016, 08:36:53 AM »

it's like klingon design disparity being retroactively explained by a morphing virus or whatever

stop fandom

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2016, 08:58:06 AM »

I think it's more like they cram everything in a single branching timeline when the game always had timelineS.

It's not peer pressure when they admit (during OOT) they have an internal timeline they keep updating to themselves anyway. So they do keep track of things and admit screw up.

Also the sword isn't contradictory, there is other swords than the master sword (minish sword, whatever post ww)

On top of that add mistranslation (Excalibur in lttp). And outsourcing (the cap stuff was capcom's meddling, it has been redacted in re edition).

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2016, 09:31:31 AM »

do we have any sources for when they properly claimed the timeline thing? reminds me of when i read on a wiki that blizzard had an internal reference about the protoss language, and when i checked the source, it was during an interview with a writer for one of those starcraft novels like randomly bragging that OH YEAH YEAH BLIZZARD HAS LIKE YOU KNOW THIS AWESOME DOCUMENT ABOU T THE PROTOSS LANGUAGE AND SHIT, AND LIKE, YOU KNOW, THEY AAAAALWAYS USE IT BECAUSE THEY ARE GREAT AT THAT.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2016, 09:35:52 AM »

I dunno if you quoted the wrong person but this is exactly what I mean.

it was supposed to be a joke because you posted

if someone says timeline again I'm getting a gun

and my post mentions the word timeline

now that i've had to explain it it seems kind of lame. sorry.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2016, 09:40:05 AM »

o

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2016, 10:01:12 AM »

what if its set in a sci-fi future where triforce is a computer chip and you play as a warrior, mage and a woman

Ha.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2016, 10:53:45 AM »

do we have any sources for when they properly claimed the timeline thing? reminds me of when i read on a wiki that blizzard had an internal reference about the protoss language, and when i checked the source, it was during an interview with a writer for one of those starcraft novels like randomly bragging that OH YEAH YEAH BLIZZARD HAS LIKE YOU KNOW THIS AWESOME DOCUMENT ABOU T THE PROTOSS LANGUAGE AND SHIT, AND LIKE, YOU KNOW, THEY AAAAALWAYS USE IT BECAUSE THEY ARE GREAT AT THAT.

Well any good zelda wiki is full of that, down to teh source and comment on the credibility of the source.

Anyway, it's obvious it's not a cleanly plan out franchise without plot hole, that's messy, but the messyness was used to bring creativity!

Canned Turkey
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2016, 10:59:26 AM »

If I wanted to talk about timelines I'd go to neogaf
Where's my hype GIF digest I want my GIFs back
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2016, 11:02:13 AM »

The broadcast has ended, so was the gif sourcing with it. All is left is speculation.

According to aonuma hint when ask about the timeline (said the sheekah symbol is the same as ott, happen 100 years after just like tp), it's taking place after oot, might be the decline timelines (ie the timeline where zelda 1 is on), it happen in parallel of zelda tp (aonuma as said that playing tp will surprise player), might have cross timeline element as plot point (sheika tech lie the timestone?).

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2016, 11:55:44 PM »

Game looks good. What I'm most curious about is: Will Link speak? Seems we (finally?) have voice acting in a Zelda game, so I'm wondering.
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2016, 12:58:27 AM »

zelda might be kids games with not so stellar plot thats just puzzle/gameplay excuses, but the world building has always been great, especially because there's a continuity with constant self reference. It isn't exact, they freely rearrange the physical landmarks as they please, and take a bunch of artistic license each iteration, but the games still come one after another, so every game does has its place in relation to the other, even if they invent stuff like branching timelines.

It's pure imo. Could be seen as contrived if you desperately want to frame it as such, but on the other hand, it's that level of not caring about the specifics that makes it better in my opinion, as each game is free to reinvent the history as much as it desires in order to make an enjoyable experience each time.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2016, 01:05:54 AM »

If I wanted to talk about timelines I'd go to neogaf
Where's my hype GIF digest I want my GIFs back

http://imgur.com/JIiCB3N

LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2016, 01:08:54 AM »

@battlerager: I believe they stated Link will have no lines. I think they're trying to go minimal with it. baby steps, yeah?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2016, 02:40:23 AM »

same castle?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2016, 03:17:41 AM »

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2016, 03:24:45 AM »

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2016, 03:24:58 AM »

that because zelda is pretty much the only interesting gam at E3 this year tho. not exactly a lot of competition there.

i mean god of war? watch dogs 2? battlefield???? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2016, 03:28:42 AM »

i like how the nintendo conference was basically: HEY GUYS THERES A NEW ZELDA LETS TALK ABOUT THE NEW ZELDA BTW WE'RE GOING TO STREAM THE NEW ZELDA FOR 4 HOURS (oh and theres also a new pokemon and uhm.... it's pokemon)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2016, 03:30:04 AM »

Egoraptor (Arin Hanson) is probably really impressed by this game since it basically gets rid of every aspect of modern Zelda that he didn't like AND goes back to a formula that is more similar to Zelda 1, which is a game he really enjoyed.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic