Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 10:38:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38
Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 72902 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 08, 2017, 11:22:18 AM »

There IS drop to 1fps I have seen them on video, now how common they are I can't say. Also apperently it fuck with some people in combat by messing the timing and making control unresponsive on top of the joycons's signal problem. But send me a wii u or a switch or contribue money so I can see it first hand Smiley

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 08, 2017, 11:26:18 AM »

never had problems with low framerates in combat. the drops mainly happen in towns and other places with lots of buildings and npcs (like stables)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 08, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »

the sheikah slate is probably going to seem VERY dated in 10 years but for now im enjoying the Zelda Smartphone.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 08, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »

To be frank traveling on horse, cooking on fire place, sword and armor look dated now so ...

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: March 08, 2017, 04:41:42 PM »

so WHAT!?

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: March 08, 2017, 04:47:01 PM »

The word "dated" is misleading as it evokes the impression of something being obsolete or bad. So it should be used with care, especially because some older games were more advanced than most games are today, if you ignore the graphics technology since making advancements in graphics technology has been relatively easy. So riding on horses and cooking is certainly not dated. One thing in Zelda that is dated for sure are the primitive npcs, for example.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 08, 2017, 05:40:04 PM »

both gimmy and jsnake completely misunderstood what i meant by dated lol. i meant "evoking the era in which the game was made". i wasn't making any serious point, it was just an offhand remark, small talk, whatever
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 09, 2017, 01:04:02 AM »

I don't get why they didnt use the wii u gamepad for inventory management. Could have reduced the fiddliness (the game's only real flaw aside from technical issues) by a lot. Maybe they didn't want to sabotage the switch launch by making the wii u version better or something??

(Unfortunately the gamepad screen is too shitty to really play games on it so i basically never use that feature)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:09:28 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: March 09, 2017, 01:47:17 AM »

both gimmy and jsnake completely misunderstood what i meant by dated lol.
I wasn't replying to you, only to Gimmy's notion about dated elements.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: March 09, 2017, 04:38:40 AM »

I don't understand why you think a lot of people will want to date an inanimate object in a video game, but maybe you have more insight into esoteric fetishism than I

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: March 09, 2017, 04:39:53 AM »

I didn't know throwing dates at smartphones was a thing. One of those dumb social media "challenges" I presume

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 09, 2017, 04:46:31 AM »

Kids these days with their smarmphones.......
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: March 09, 2017, 05:13:20 AM »

I don't understand why you think a lot of people will want to date an inanimate object in a video game, but maybe you have more insight into esoteric fetishism than I
Nothing esoteric about it. That's how common brainwashing patterns work: An example for the other end, the word "streamlined" is often used to cloud something inferior and promote it as being something superior/more modern.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 09, 2017, 06:28:49 AM »

I was poking fun at the notion, because in botw the slate looks different enough from the a smartphone (especially since it attached on the side unlike smartphaone) to just be random magic artefact instead of ff7 extended's clap phone that directly reference reality.

Also there is an interview where they talk about the gamepad and gameplay interruption + switch transition if someone can find it.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 09, 2017, 08:16:52 AM »

duuuude

it's definitely a magical smartphone (ok more like a phablet i guess). it even has a freaking selfie function ffs!

again im not criticizing it. it was just meant as a mildly humorous remark, geez
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: March 09, 2017, 09:01:20 AM »

Nothing esoteric about it. That's how common brainwashing patterns work: An example for the other end, the word "streamlined" is often used to cloud something inferior and promote it as being something superior/more modern.
what is happening

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 09, 2017, 09:34:25 AM »

duuuude

it's definitely a magical smartphone (ok more like a phablet i guess). it even has a freaking selfie function ffs!

again im not criticizing it. it was just meant as a mildly humorous remark, geez
GEEEEEEEeeeeeeeZZZZZZ I said I'm poking fun, stop taking seriously but not really my funny remark you weren't taking seriously either to begin with, we are stuck in not really serious loop (who I'm kidding I'm letting it roll).

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 09, 2017, 10:00:28 AM »

I WAS AT LEAST 74.56% LESS SERIOUS THAN YOU!!!!!
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 09, 2017, 10:46:25 AM »

Wow! you are pulling a Fi, that's low

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 09, 2017, 11:15:30 AM »

The Legend of Zelda is a good game