Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:33:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38
Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 71729 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2016, 07:08:32 AM »

The part swiped from assassin's creed, skyrim, darksouls, shadow of the colossus, etc ...

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2016, 07:38:34 AM »

is there a single design in this game that wasn't swiped straight from hayao miyazaki

that's, u know, not a bad thing.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2016, 08:45:11 AM »

is there a single design in this game that wasn't swiped straight from hayao miyazaki

that's, u know, not a bad thing.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2016, 08:55:42 AM »

ik I'm just asking is all
take care

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2016, 10:25:58 AM »

well, it kinda does seem like a ghibli-esque take on zelda lol.

unfortunately i am still not super impressed with the art direction. it looks kinda janky and inconsistent. the cel shading looks really messy compared to sth like ni no kuni (which had actual ghibli art direction) and there's other stuff like the water being so hyperdetailed while everything else is stylized and rocky landscapes having very obvious seams between polygons n shit.

i mean if this was any other dev i wouldn't notice, but nintendo is known for polishing everything to the nth degree so it's kinda surprising lol
Canned Turkey
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2016, 10:34:13 AM »

such a waste if there's no possibility to play as Linkle

Coming from Eiji Aonuma...
"So yes, there were rumors like that, and we did discuss as a staff as to what would be possible if we took that route. We thought about it and decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character. ...if we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do? Taking into account that, and also the idea of the balance of the Triforce, we thought it best to come back to this [original] makeup."

Basically they don't want a princess to save a princess because the three magic sky goddesses are inherently patriarchal and support the [classical] family values of one man, one woman... And one man they beat the shit out of and banish to the dark realm for all eternity. I mean whatever you're into man, I wouldn't do that but I've heard of kinkier shit.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2016, 11:23:33 AM »

is 21th century too early for prince Zeldo being rescued by Linkle?
Canned Turkey
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2016, 11:46:04 AM »

For real though. This reminds me of the whole "James Bond can't be blackkgguh!!!" Outroar when people were saying Idris Elba should be the new James Bond. It's the same deal, people just want the same character without realizing being black or white, or in this case male or female, doesn't all of a sudden change a long drawn character. Especially when both James Bond and Link have been played out so many goddamn times, both roles would be kick-ass and interesting to see it achieved from another kind of person. There's a lot of cool stuff they could do with Linkle, off the top of my head, females in Hyrule having a better connection with the godesses (like in Dune, sort of) and a real cannon reason for this game to be focused on nature? That'd make me even more excited for this game.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2016, 11:53:22 AM »

I think thematically they are destroying zelda's lore (hence the inconsistency of the timeline reference, there is no typical music, no green tunic, and everything is in ruin, even the theme of the temple of time when people play in it). I think it's a final send off of the original lore, so keeping the triumvirate is better to kill them off. The theme really seems to be ruin and brokenness.

theory: they have a rather "low tech" graphics to avoid the loading problem of xenoblade (which outdo this one in term of graphical details) I have notice the fast travel is nearly instant (though it might be also that shrine have the same asset and act as buffer).

Witch time!

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2016, 11:55:51 AM »

Translation of the sheikah alphabet
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207210063&postcount=3903

Canned Turkey
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2016, 11:58:15 AM »

theory: they have a rather "low tech" graphics to avoid the loading problem of xenoblade (which outdo this one in term of graphical details) I have notice the fast travel is nearly instant (though it might be also that shrine have the same asset and act as buffer).

My years of saying "fuck ultra fancy graphics, give me last generations graphics and make it load faster instead" into the void are finally paying off. Nintendo heard my prayers and has answered. Praise Derek.
zminusone
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2016, 12:00:15 PM »

Just saw the trailer, kind of a weird trailer if you ask me but looks like a lot of fun!

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2016, 12:15:42 PM »

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2016, 12:32:50 PM »

skyrim sword

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2016, 12:35:22 PM »

Why? This time around you're like 200% certain that it'll be 150% different from the last console Zelda.
I was just slightly disappointed in Twilight Princess and completely disappointed in Skyward Sword so I kind of lost my faith in the series idk  Shrug

That being said after looking gifs and reading stuff about the game in this topic I have to say that the game looks different and certainly interesting and looks like it has addressed most of my biggest issues with modern Zelda games. I hope the game will have that special feel of exploration original Zelda, DkS and in some degree GBC Zeldas gave me.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2016, 12:52:27 PM »

https://twitter.com/Ehm2k/status/742950376375255040/photo/1

It's dangerous to go alone in sheikah language in the waypoint you can put on the map

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2016, 01:00:06 PM »

there is no typical music

same was true for OOT when it came out. it was kind of a risky move, but it paid off because OOT's soundtrack is the best in the series.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2016, 01:03:42 PM »

I honestly really like the idea of a largely diegetic soundscape punctuated by music at certain important moments. I feel like it'll give me more ownership over my own adventure in a sense.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2016, 01:07:51 PM »

largely diegetic soundscape punctuated by music at certain important moments.

i hope someone interviews aonuma and asks him what his favorite STR build is
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2016, 01:09:44 PM »

Lmao
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic