Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 09:23:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]
Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 72735 times)
SchriefFighter
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 14, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »

I'm in the middle of my second playthrough. I keep having to stop though because of life. It stinks, I want to play the game! lol
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 14, 2018, 10:43:41 AM »

The Rise of the Systemic Game | Game Maker's Toolkit

Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #742 on: March 04, 2018, 12:32:59 PM »

I'm a day late, but Happy 1 Year Anniversary, Breath of the Wild. You are literally the perfect game

Gameimake
« Reply #743 on: March 19, 2018, 11:16:39 PM »

Do you have to play the Legend of Zelda games in order?
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 19, 2018, 11:57:03 PM »

no they are independant by design, continuity is tangential at best, only in obscure reference and background plot, and it's either too vague or too simple to care beyond the immediate experience of a single game.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 20, 2018, 02:20:04 AM »

Yeah, lore-wise and in terms of worrying about WTH is going on you can jump into any game without feeling lost - knowing the other games just means you can predict the grand arc of the storyline, and where the recurring themes are going in my experience.

On the actual gameplay side, one might argue that not being spoiled by gameplay expectations of the later versions can enhance the first playthrough of the earlier versions, but then again: it's not true that all changes to the sequels are strictly speaking better, and in some sense, coming to the later games without the baggage of expectation from the earlier ones might also be good, so I dunno.

Shrug

EDIT: I recently tried playing the 3DS games on virtual console (of that series, I only played Phantom Hourglass when it came out), and I do have to say that they felt a bit tedious compared to the other games.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 20, 2018, 02:29:02 PM »

Also nintendo is a master of "side grading", so a mechanics can be enhance or limited regarding a previous version and it will not be a big deal because it has gameplay that are only possible due to this "downgrade/upgrade".

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 03, 2018, 02:23:19 AM »

hello just stopping by to say this game is still good ok bye
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 04, 2018, 08:58:39 PM »

the dev have abandoned the game, typical of indie game with cartoony graphics

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 08, 2018, 01:11:33 AM »

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: May 08, 2018, 01:14:24 AM »

the game we wanted

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 20, 2018, 03:33:28 AM »

Breath of the Wild's Exploration Cycle ~ Design Doc

Colony Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 23, 2018, 06:17:55 PM »

That's a good video. Something I've had in mind but couldn't put into words. On my second playthrough.
raymondcarveriii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 20, 2018, 09:32:43 AM »

I love this game so much—just wish I could carve out more time to play it haha.
Kinimod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 20, 2021, 06:53:56 AM »

I am sorry, but this is a very flawed game, and I have no idea why people are so hyped.

The balancing is terrible. You can carry practically unlimited amounts of healing items with you and on top of that you can just spam them in the pause menu. That makes you almost invincible in battle.

Past Zeldas never did that. In  Zelda 1 you could carry exactly 1 healing potion! Even in later games you could carry at most 4 healing items, and ONLY after finding the bottles first!

This just seems like a dumbed down god-mode game for people who cannot stomach dying in games.

And the worst thing is, that critics are just throwing unconditional praise at this game, so there is a high chance, Nintendo will make even more games like this...
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 20, 2021, 07:41:13 AM »

Well, I'm glad you came back to the forums after five years of lurking to necro a two-year old thread with that comment
EricMorris
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 25, 2021, 10:42:15 PM »

THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! AN EPIC STORY, LOVEABLE CHARACTERS, AND EPIC BATTLES! MUSIC THAT CAPTURES YOUR SOUL! YOU MIGHT JUST CRY WHEN YOU GET TO THE CREDITS, YOU JUST MIGHT! BECAUSE I KNOW I SURE DID! The tears won't stop rolling! This game is truly beautiful!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 04, 2021, 03:54:06 AM »

THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! AN EPIC STORY, LOVEABLE CHARACTERS, AND EPIC BATTLES! MUSIC THAT CAPTURES YOUR SOUL! YOU MIGHT JUST CRY WHEN YOU GET TO THE CREDITS, YOU JUST MIGHT! BECAUSE I KNOW I SURE DID! The tears won't stop rolling! This game is truly beautiful!

I agree, fellow human. This video game is very $adjective. It has the best GamePlay, GraPhics and SoUnd I have ever seen. 10/10
Kinimod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 04, 2021, 07:53:06 AM »

I agree, fellow human. This video game is very $adjective. It has the best GamePlay, GraPhics and SoUnd I have ever seen. 10/10

BOTW makes many impressive improvements to the Zelda formula, but there are grave balancing issues that make the game way too easy. For one, the amount of healing items you carry with you is practically unlimited, and they can be spammed anytime in the pause menu if the player gets injured. That makes the player invincible, unless he gets one-shoted (which only happens in very early game if you meat enemies that are way too powerful for you).

This is aggravated by the fact that the armor defense acts subtractively rather than percentually, so if your armor is strong enough to subtract the entire enemy damage, you lose practically no HP.

I really hope Nintendo will fix the balancing in the next Zelda, as I can't make sense of them.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #759 on: October 05, 2021, 04:44:58 AM »

Bunny owls
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic