Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:19:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallCelesSteel - Retro Streets of Rage/Golden Axe style side scrolling beat 'em up
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: CelesSteel - Retro Streets of Rage/Golden Axe style side scrolling beat 'em up  (Read 4876 times)
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 11:55:26 AM »

A couple of character animation samples, this time Matisya and Varendor. We're very pleased with the quality of the animation at this point, and each character will have a deeper moveset than is usually seen in this genre.

Please come visit us on Patreon

https://www.patreon.com/retroguy

We're all pleased with what we have achieved on CelesSteel so far, particularly in terms of the games overal look and feel, but we will require additional funding if we are to speed up production, and make this game and comic series all that it can be. Please come along, spread word and lend us your support!
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 02:35:10 AM »

Meet Skaggs, CelesSteels rank and file fodder, Galsia/Longmoan grade enemy. As you'd expect, they lack greatly in the power and toughness departments, but make up for this in numbers, and providing distractions when faced with rarer, more dangerous enemies. They are most commonly accompanied by Sluggas, even making their debut together in the tie in comic, intended for release later this year.

Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:47:28 AM by retroguy » Logged
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2017, 11:48:19 AM »

Animation samples for Professor Jento, his armour features multiple hidden weapons, and even vehicle transformations
gantt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 07:22:10 PM »

Retro indeed! very nostalgic, and the characters looks well-made Smiley

Founder & Chief @Bluword<br />Read the stories of game developers at Bluword
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 01:53:11 AM »

Retro indeed! very nostalgic, and the characters looks well-made Smiley

Thanks! There's still much tailoring and tweaking that needs to be done on all the characters, but we hope to have our first gameplay video out later this year :-)
mandy
Level 0

Programmer, gamer, wife, nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 06:39:43 AM »

You had me at Streets of Rage! The animations look amazing Hand Clap Are you using skeletal animations?

Other half of Black Hive Media
Working on our Xbox Game, AlphaLink
Find me on the socials @She_Who_Codes
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2017, 01:52:41 PM »

You had me at Streets of Rage! The animations look amazing Hand Clap Are you using skeletal animations?

Thanks Mandy, we use multiple techniques in our animations such as sprite bashing, tracing, rotoscoping, even motion capture, which we then strip down to the required number of frames. It's been very time consuming to develop so many original playable characters, but the CelesSteel is intended to be a very character driven franchise, and we want to debut it as a whole new world for retro, comic and cartoon fans to enjoy.

Here's a sample page from our forthcoming comic
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 07:17:46 AM »

A few sample animations for CelesSteels resident samurai, the bizarre Kenyokai. He's one of the casts more unusual designs, but fights with a quickly accessible dual sword + martial arts style, he's intended to be a good choice for those who favour a frantic, rapid combo based character.
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 02:41:23 PM »

Cover artwork from the upcoming tie in comic, the CelesSteel team never looked so good :-)

retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »

The first of our official CelesSteel merchandise, posters and t-shirts coming soon, stay tuned!
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 05:01:51 AM »

As the comic alludes to, CelesSteel is not simply being developed as a videogame, but potentially an entirely new franchise with an old school 80s/early 90s feel. However, we cannot do this without building up a sizeable fanbase to support us, and so now and then we'll be briefly showcasing snippets of other things we'd like to do with CelesSteel, such as a classic Zelda inspired title 'Legend of Gaiamor', which see's our heroes travelling back in time to prevent their present day enemies from interferring with history.

retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 03:16:00 AM »

Video of myself introducing CelesSteel, and talking a little more about the overall project:

retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »

Second video on the project, this time talking a little bit more about the upcoming comic book, and introducing the villains.
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2017, 01:10:21 PM »

Third video, outlining the CelesSteel storyline, and talking more about MIERA, Kenyokai, and Zakhadar.

Bo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2017, 08:13:41 AM »

Hey I designed in pixels some concept of Retroguy, without animating them really at the very early days of the project.
I always liked those crazy characters!
Since then I had to move on other project to find cash. I think the animations are good and well executed.
I think you should use twitter maybe to develop a big fanbase? Hope to see this game finished soon!

retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2017, 08:50:26 AM »

Thanks Bo, we've all been hard at work on the project for some time now, though it'll still take time to finish the game, I'm very proud of how far it's come and how it's expanded, especially the comic, which really gives the characters personalities a chance to shine!

As for Twitter, I've been hard at work on there this year promoting it and building up a following, hopefully it'll all have been worth it when the comic arrives :-)
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2017, 01:11:17 PM »

Official site is now live! Cheers!

www.celessteel.co.uk
retroguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2018, 11:53:13 AM »

The CelesSteel debut comic should finally be ready to release late March/early April, and despite the delays we're thrilled with how the product has come together, and confident that people are going to enjoy it!

Development of the game also continues, and we've recently begun sharing more content on Youtube in the form of these test animations, showing how the game is starting to come together, and give an idea of the finished feel we're going for.

We hope to make some real progress with the project this year, so stay tuned, and please leave feedback!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic