Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411620 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 07:34:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGameswho's excited for mighty number 9!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: who's excited for mighty number 9!!!  (Read 6882 times)
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »

I'm legit excited to play this game. I want to sit down with a notepad, write an indepth analysis of it and then proceed to use it to make a good Megaman like game  Evil I'm not even kidding mark my words I WILL DO THIS AND I WILL POST IT HERE.

Life sucks and then you die.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 01:16:51 PM »

godspeed, konaetron

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 02:33:10 PM »

Hey at least the Not Castlevania is looking okay right?

Right?

Right?
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »

Right?

Right?

Visually it looks better already and Igarashi has a lot of experience making those and he only stopped like 5 years ago, so it should be fine.

Quote from: Manuel Magalhães link=topic=56503.msg1
257411#msg1257411 date=1466457411
godspeed, konaetron

haha thanks, but for real though this game does interest me from a game design perspective at least. Being able to compare and contrast the Original series, The X series and the Zero series with Mighty No 9 and see where each succeed and fail should wield a lot of good information and honestly I have a feeling this will play a better than the trailers and videos let on, but I'm going to reserve judgement on that until I get my hands on it.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »

Did anyone say Mighty Number 5.6 yet
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 02:58:46 PM »

Right?

Right?

Visually it looks better already and Igarashi has a lot of experience making those and he only stopped like 5 years ago, so it should be fine.

Quote from: Manuel Magalhães link=topic=56503.msg1
257411#msg1257411 date=1466457411
godspeed, konaetron

haha thanks, but for real though this game does interest me from a game design perspective at least. Being able to compare and contrast the Original series, The X series and the Zero series with Mighty No 9 and see where each succeed and fail should wield a lot of good information and honestly I have a feeling this will play a better than the trailers and videos let on, but I'm going to reserve judgement on that until I get my hands on it.

have you considered making a better game than mega man. theres a reason the series died. its bad
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 03:08:38 PM »

i find the original mega man series okay, the x series is better, but not stellar. i really liked the mega man zero games, though.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 03:12:34 PM »

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 03:21:12 PM »

this is an ok thread. megaman isnt good, and neither is that egoraptor 'game design' video where he fucking loses it about rudimentary level design in megaman 100 or whatever

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 03:35:49 PM »

Megaman did its thing and people liked it. It also did its thing in an era where games couldn't do much more than what it was. It's a game series that heavily relies on the player's ability to overcome its challenges in order to be enjoyable, and some people appreciate that.

MMX would have been better if you could dash with the R button though.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 03:47:33 PM »

Megaman did its thing and people liked it. It also did its thing in an era where games couldn't do much more than what it was. It's a game series that heavily relies on the player's ability to overcome its challenges in order to be enjoyable, and some people appreciate that.

I get that the late 80s and early 90s probably seem like a magical time to you, but at least a dozen megaman games came out after the invention of Good Videogames

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2016, 03:48:45 PM »

I'm 19 I was literally not born in the 80s lol

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2016, 04:10:54 PM »

this is an ok thread. megaman isnt good, and neither is that egoraptor 'game design' video where he fucking loses it about rudimentary level design in megaman 100 or whatever

Egoraptor really lives up to his title
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 04:17:27 PM »

I'm legit excited to play this game. I want to sit down with a notepad, write an indepth analysis of it and then proceed to use it to make a good Megaman like game  Evil I'm not even kidding mark my words I WILL DO THIS AND I WILL POST IT HERE.
lookin forward
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 11:58:18 PM »

i remember boys posting his castlevania video to preach wisdom from Arin Hanson, an acomplished videogame person.
as for bloodstained, i have doubts becase they use hi-tech models with bump-maps and advanced physics engine on par with Unreal which means they cant just repaint super castlevania 4 sprites so development cycle is approximately 10 years.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2016, 01:21:43 AM »

egoraptor isn't that bad. he doesn't have anything insightful to say for experienced game devs, but his videos are ok as a gateway into thinking about game design. he is one of the less annoying gaming youtubers, which isn't saying much, but uhhhhh
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 01:31:13 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2016, 01:45:54 AM »

egoraptor isn't that bad. he doesn't have anything insightful to say for experienced game devs, but his videos are ok as a gateway into thinking about game design. he is one of the less annoying gaming youtubers, which isn't saying much, but uhhhhh
He is not bad, he has a great taste and understanding of how to make things not suck but he was never involved in logistics and technical part of development which kinda puts him into armchair design boy.
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 01:47:48 AM »

As far as I'm concerned his work is fine, his presenting decent game design practices in fun and accessible way and it's given a lot of people a deeper understanding of the form.

I get that the late 80s and early 90s probably seem like a magical time to you, but at least a dozen megaman games came out after the invention of Good Videogames

All the more reason to look back on the series and see what's still good about them and see needs / can be updated with our contemparary game design sensibilities. A hell of a lot of good games have come out of similar work (Super Meat Boy, Hyper Light Drifter, Shovel Knight) and Megaman is a prime target for something like this, especially the Zero series as its criminally overlooked in my opinion

Also new Mighty No 9 documentary episode just dropped.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 08:47:37 AM by Kinaetron » Logged

LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 02:57:51 AM »

This sucks.

Thankfully, I new better. But still... missed opportunity to fix what MegaMan lacked. Or perhaps this is a chance for Capcom to fix MegaMan himself? Crazier things have happened.

And by fix I mean reevaluate what MegaMan is and turn it into something up to today's standards.

halk3n
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2016, 06:46:50 AM »

the funny thing is that everyone backed this for being "the new game by the creator of mega man". if they had done at least a tiny bit of research they would have seen that inafune has fuck all to do with game design in the mogamon games and his creative input was marginal at best. inafune basically hoodwinked everyone into thinking he is something he isn't.

Dude, I swear, if any Mega Man fanatic sees this, they will instantly have a mental breakdown.

More importantly, I want Capcom to give me the access to the Captain Commando brand/IP. Just do it! I know what to do with it, you don't need to even fund it, I'll figure it out! I will bring your original mascot back to the helm!

WE SHALL SQUASH THAT LITTLE BLUE ROACH OUT OF THIS EMBARRASSING BLOT OF HISTORY FOR GOOD.

Also, Superb Joe is right, Turrican DEMOLISHES Mega Man. Where is everyone whining and complaining about a new game from THAT franchise, eh??

Exactly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic