Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:08:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGameswho's excited for mighty number 9!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: who's excited for mighty number 9!!!  (Read 6853 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2016, 07:21:21 AM »

egoraptor isn't that bad. he doesn't have anything insightful to say for experienced game devs, but his videos are ok as a gateway into thinking about game design. he is one of the less annoying gaming youtubers, which isn't saying much, but uhhhhh
He is not bad, he has a great taste and understanding of how to make things not suck but he was never involved in logistics and technical part of development which kinda puts him into armchair design boy.
i think mark brow is pretty much the same and nobody complains about his game makers toolkit series (which is about game design)

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 07:23:09 AM »

Turrican DEMOLISHES Mega Man. Where is everyone whining and complaining about a new game from THAT franchise, eh??

What is a turdicant

(ftr, i liked the super and mega turrican series)

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2016, 10:32:12 AM »

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/745311041987371008
a barbaric burn by sonic the hedgehog

((most) of his recent games aren't good either, but inafune was the one that said mn9's initial release was "better than nothing" so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2016, 11:36:58 AM »

Turrican is more of an alternative to Contra than it is to Megaman, keyboard warriors.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
zadokallen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2016, 11:57:22 AM »

Mega Man = 1987, Turrican = 1990. Please. Also, Gryzor > Contra (as a word/sound. Wanna argue about it?)

I never liked Mega Man because it felt stilted, even at the time. But it never bothered me either. Guess growing up behind Iron Curtain I didn`t get the mass hype, I`m sure I`d hate it more if I did.

However the MNo9 clusterfuck is a sweet, sweet schadenfreude. I can`t stand Inafune, he was a go to mouthpiece of the Great Anti-Nippon campaign from a few years back. His droning about how Japanese videogaming industry is stale and needs to change and how he`s gonna show everybody why and how was in every Western mag...on and on he went and then his Western projects like Lost Planet 2 tanked and he quietly went back to releasing totally Japanese games with Comcast.

And now he couldn`t even pull this simple reboot off, with atrocious project/fund management and pissing off everybody. Serves his inflated ego well, I suppose.

EDIT: Forget Meek Man, play this: http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=MegamanRL
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 12:15:52 PM »

l m a o
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2016, 04:05:50 PM »

With the release of Mighty No. 9 what am I going to enjoy not looking forward to now.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2016, 04:16:48 PM »

... especially the Zero series as its criminally overlooked in my opinion
The Zero games play very differently from the 'traditional' mega men, and yeah I feel like they never get mentioned enough - maybe lumped in with the other mega men due to similarities on the surface. The key differences are Zero's mobility and the Z Saber, both of which you use a lot. The level design ranges from mediocre to good but the boss design ranges from good to flawless, imo.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2016, 04:18:31 PM »

egoraptor isn't that bad. he doesn't have anything insightful to say for experienced game devs, but his videos are ok as a gateway into thinking about game design

I would have said 'weirdo fan metacritic review presented by aging newgrounds star' rather than 'ok gateway to thinking about game design'

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2016, 05:22:01 AM »

The Zero games play very differently from the 'traditional' mega men

theyre the only mega man games i ever enjoyed, so i guess that's why.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2016, 05:27:01 AM »

the actual gameplay of megaman number 9 looks like what was promised but people hate it now because it was delayed and looks like shit instead of having a period of introspection and realising that megaman, as a concept, was bad all along. in all regards but superficial this is what they wanted.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2016, 05:27:16 AM »

egoraptor isn't that bad. he doesn't have anything insightful to say for experienced game devs, but his videos are ok as a gateway into thinking about game design

I would have said 'weirdo fan metacritic review presented by aging newgrounds star' rather than 'ok gateway to thinking about game design'

you have to look at his stuff in the context of what game discussion among his core audience is usually like. i'm not interested in what he has to say and don't even agree with him, but he at least presents actual arguments and etc. it's a step up from memes and snark is all im saying.

let me put it this way: if i was forced at gunpoint to watch a video by either totalbiscuit, yahtzee or egoraptor, i would choose egoraptor. thankfully no one is forcing me to watch videos by any of these clowns tho, so im fine.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:36:19 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2016, 05:42:21 AM »

The Zero games play very differently from the 'traditional' mega men

theyre the only mega man games i ever enjoyed, so i guess that's why.

The amount of shade in this one quote is unreal Big Laff But yeah it's my favorite of the series by a wide margin and the one I'm gonna be drawing the most from.

you have to look at his stuff in the context of what game discussion among his core audience is usually like. i'm not interested in what he has to say and don't even agree with him, but he at least presents actual arguments and etc. it's a step up from memes and snark is all im saying.

let me put it this way: if i was forced at gunpoint to watch a video by either totalbiscuit, yahtzee or egoraptor, i would choose egoraptor. thankfully no one is forcing me to watch videos by any of these clowns tho, so im fine.

Yeah pretty much this, he tries to actually be informative and yeah I don't agree with everything it's s decent effort.

Life sucks and then you die.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2016, 06:13:45 AM »

Egoraptor's point with these videos was mostly to expose his view on certain games and their design while also doing a comedy show. This worked pretty well for him, but, admittedly, anyone can see that he analyses things pretty shallowly. The main strong point about Egoraptor however is that he provides a very exciting and interesting tone to his arguments, which is why the series got so popular. It's part game theory, part comedy and part charisma. I personally appreciate the series for introducing me to some game design aspects, so that's why I feel like I should defend it a little in this case.

Point is, he made it fun for me to learn a very involved and complicated topic, and I'm glad he decided to create Sequelitis.

...Even though I would like to refute a few of his arguments or provide a counter-opinion on some of these.  Wink

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2016, 06:25:15 AM »

The Zero games play very differently from the 'traditional' mega men,
why the hell would someone pass up the opportunity to, when it's grammatically correct, use the pluralization mans

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2016, 06:31:44 AM »

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2016, 06:48:05 AM »

The Zero games play very differently from the 'traditional' mega men,
why the hell would someone pass up the opportunity to, when it's grammatically correct, use the pluralization mans

but what about the menz?Huh?
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2016, 06:59:25 AM »

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2016, 11:23:01 AM »

Dr. Light's greatest creation
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2016, 04:26:41 AM »

Reminder that keiji inafune is not, and has never been, a game designer. People got salty when hideki kamiya pointed this out on twitter, but it's true.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic