Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:07:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGameswho's excited for mighty number 9!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: who's excited for mighty number 9!!!  (Read 6857 times)
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2016, 02:57:33 AM »

i bet 100$ next castlevania (the one with a successful kickstarter) , is going to suck as much as mighty number 9
the E3 demo is actually pretty fun, they sent it out to all backers on steam during e3, it feels EXACTLY like SOTN which really isn't a surprise as it's not just Iga, it's basicly the entire SOTN team working on it, lol.  Yuka-laylee 's released demo is really fun as well.

In those two though i think the primary difference is it's not just some figurehead making a clone, both have the actual era dev teams almost in full so the games FEEL like a RARE/Konami  game from that era.

-Fuzzy Spider
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2016, 03:48:34 AM »

where do I kickstart a new good metroid instead of a gothic anime metroid clone with the worst aspects of JRPGs ducktaped on

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2016, 03:56:07 AM »

You could "kickstart" an emulator and play super metroid
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2016, 05:21:53 AM »

I have it on hardware but I want something FRESH with less clunky controls and cool graphics maybe

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2016, 05:36:48 AM »

this might be the answer :
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=42126.0

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2016, 05:37:02 AM »

you could "kickstart" a gba emulator and play metroid fusion.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2016, 05:16:12 AM »

play am2r, or play castlevanaia circle of them moon, which is not a part of igavania games and has no anime gfx and igger maps and shit

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2016, 07:23:35 AM »

The first five Castlevanias (NES/SNES) and Castlevania Bloodlines (SEGA Genesis) were my favorites.

The first and the third (NES) especially are like an 8-bit Dark Souls with how deliberate and precise their controls are and how the levels are straight up death traps that require good observation and memory. Yeah they had their quirks and broken bits but they required a level of finesse that few games have had since. The second game (NES) was good but you really needed a guide for it because they really fucked up the dialogue and made it ass backwards which soured the experience quite a bit (there are a lot of nice rom hacks that fix the problem though). Castlevania 2 is like the bridge between the earlier hardcore Castlevanias and the later Metroidvania Castlevanias and I think really could have hit a sweet spot if not for the aforementioned issues.

The fourth and fifth (SNES) games and Bloodlines (Genesis) were good and for the most part capture the spirit of the first and third but they are much more forgiving and don't require nearly as much finesse. For some that is an improvement, but for me I really liked the challenge of the earlier games.

Games like Symphony of the Night, Circle of the Moon, etc. aren't really along the same lines as the first five games and really are more like collect-a-thon Metroids. They're not bad (actually they're pretty awesome), but I still prefer the first 5.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2016, 08:40:35 AM »

Bloodlines and the rest of the konami/treasure catalogue on the mega drive owns
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »

i dont like old castlevania
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2016, 09:14:08 AM »

Bloodlines and the rest of the konami/treasure catalogue on the mega drive owns

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2016, 09:30:38 AM »

where do I kickstart the abolition of the term metroidvania which gives undue glory to sotn—which contributed nothing to the zelda/metroid formula—as well as erases the significance of the old castlevania games.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2016, 09:49:28 AM »

where do I kickstart the abolition of the term metroidvania which gives undue glory to sotn—which contributed nothing to the zelda/metroid formula—as well as erases the significance of the old castlevania games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pedanticnerds/pettycomplaintsaboutvideogames?lang=en

the $100k stretch goal is to pass a bill in congress enshrining the Berlin Interpretation of the word "roguelike" in US law.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2017, 06:28:32 AM »

came here to say that Mighty Number Nine starring Glenn Beck is one the masterpieces of this generation
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2017, 12:23:51 PM »

Loser might still be his best work though

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic