Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:43:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPaper Mario
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Paper Mario  (Read 2726 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 10:23:46 AM »

what are the different studio/division who worked on the different paper mario/rpg?

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 12:45:38 PM »

I think the mainline series have all been Intelligent Systems, but at least the original portable M&L title was AlphaDream?

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2016, 03:35:52 PM »

paper mario has always been the same series but much of the team left during sticker star's production after miyamoto stepped in with his anti-boner for story and character

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »

source I want to know more about this

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2016, 01:14:05 AM »

literally just https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_Mario:_Sticker_Star

gotta find the source for team members leaving but i will

edit: still cant find the source but its really obvious by comparing the credits of ss to paper mario 1,2, and 3. big example: ryota kawade (the director of the first 3 games) only gets a special thanks; no involvement whatsoever.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:45:59 AM by rj™ » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 02:43:40 AM »

Miyamoto is a dweeb.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »

Miyamoto is preparing retirement without nintendo taking a hit. Last time he announces retirement nintendo lost 10% of stocks value.

Since then bad news has been piled up about miyamoto's involvement, so much gamer are actively calling him as as the source of why nintendo is going wrong. Also you have weird official PR, like pointing that there was a new division created to be outside miyamoto's influence because there was a feeling that they need vision outside of his (though it seems historically it was always the case), and there was an increase focus on other director's credit. That was weird.

#conspiracy theory
/tinfoil hat

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2016, 01:34:52 PM »

it's pretty obvious that as miyamoto got older the same qualities that made him preternaturally good at game design made him toxic for modern game design, i think

the last time we had huge big nintendo games that were genuinely surprising and inspiring as far as i can think is the gamecube era, where he had the least amount of direct influence

obviously there are tiny exceptions, mostly things i think that fall outside the Big Titles, like rhythm heaven/warioware, boxboy, rusty's real deal, etc

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2016, 01:42:17 PM »

Fun facts, all the modern design philosophy, miyamoto use to spilled them when no body care. He made donkey kong for story, use to care about character, told about immersion when people where focus on mechanics. Now that's the exact reverse, shut down story, put mechanics forefront, don't care about immersion it's a product, care about focus test and number of sales ... wat ...

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »

Is this whole thing not worthy of the Crazy Nintendo Speculation Time logo? :^)

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2016, 03:08:41 PM »

if we keep going down this route it's just going to be endless posts about me being angry regarding miyamoto's poor decisions so we should stop the train as soon as possible i think

that said it's also his fault that f-zero is dead and that star fox zero had no traditional control options so fuuuuuuck hiiiiiiiiiiiim

"I certainly understand that people want a new F-Zero game," Miyamoto said at the time.

"I think where I struggle is that I don't really have a good idea for what's new that we could bring to F-Zero that would really turn it into a great game again."

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2016, 04:24:26 PM »

Is this whole thing not worthy of the Crazy Nintendo Speculation Time logo? :^)

The struggle was real

But the tag was created for actually creative thought that make sense even if nintendo don't go that way, ie to look at possibility with a new angle. I'm not sure this one is productive.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2016, 05:06:52 PM »

Makes sense.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 12:52:17 AM »

Miyamoto is a dork.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 05:49:38 PM »

i think the m&l series is probably more consistently good at this point, but i do love TTYD (and agree with silb about SPM). i think superstar saga is my favorite of the m&l series and bowser's is a close second. i really didn't care for the hand-holding in dream team, tho. has anyone here played paper jam? i heard promising things at release but it kind of fell off the radar pretty fast after that.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 01:00:01 AM »

i actually havent played dream team or paper jam because they both seemed kinda meh.

btw the reason i prefer M&L over Paper Mario is because of the meatier mechanics and cool (and original) battle system. Paper mario is a little too stripped down for my taste. I concede that PM has the better writing probably, but the M&L are really funny as well in places.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 06:16:24 AM »

bowser's inside story is really solid. i haven't played more than the first 3rd of superstar saga, though not by choice. one of these days i'll finish it up and play PiT as well.

i actually find the 1st two pm games more interesting in general than m&l, but i can see what you mean. it's honestly down to taste. paper mario is more indebted to point and clicks, i think, is the big difference between the two.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 08:57:48 AM »

Dream Team is actually pretty fun, but its perhaps a little too similar to BIS. I never went far on it mostly because 3DS is way too small for me and the others i actually emulated them.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2016, 02:08:09 PM »

tbh the reason i didnt try dream team is because the graphics look badddd

BiS on the other hand is one of the best looking DS games
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2016, 07:13:00 PM »