Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411412 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 10:36:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeSciFi user interface
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SciFi user interface  (Read 1652 times)
Braltor
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2016, 08:14:16 AM »

Hi! I'm working on the new UI of my space shooter and management game. How does it look?

bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 09:27:36 AM »

It's a pretty good start. Here are some thoughts:
- I really like the background and what you've got going on with that faint grid.
- Consider giving your camera dragging a sense of "momentum" such that when you release, it floats a little before stopping. Right now it doesn't seem fluid.
- It's really, really hard to see the black hole. Maybe it's the video quality, but if you hadn't told me it was there I would've missed it.
- Your gray buttons seem like stock buttons. I'd find a way to give them a little more umph.

GertyGame
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 12:00:43 AM »

Looks pretty good. The rounded square buttons don't look so good though. You could try to:

- Add transparency and glow for a hologram-like look (an example: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lLNCcWxMpcU/maxresdefault.jpg)
- Change the colour of those grey boxes. Maybe a different shade of blue could work.

The usability is fine I guess. Hard to say without actually using it, but there aren't too many elements so it should be very straightforward.
MisterDeluxia
Level 0

No.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:04:41 PM »

First of all good job! It looks really nice!

And then what i was thinking about was to change the cursor and the big circle wen you move.
It could really add a element of total immersion if it would be as beautiful as the rest of the UI.

thats all i could think of that has not been said but like i said A+ for the desing!

I would put a signature but i dont have a pen...
Oats
Level 1

High starch content.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 09:38:19 PM »

Looks pretty good, as said before your buttons look like something you'd find in a simulator. Also it's hard to say without playing, but it looks like it could be hard to find specific planets quickly, like when there aren't any stars visible, maybe a minimap you can click on to move to places quickly, or indicators on the edge of the screen pointing to nearby locations, but it might not be a problem.

eh
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic