Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:06:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesIs CS GO fun with bots?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Is CS GO fun with bots?  (Read 1975 times)
keenPenguin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2016, 07:05:05 AM »

Hi,

I would like to get into CS GO, but without any ambitions to git gud. Just want to play for fun, and more than half the time offline. Are there bots in the vanilla version, and are they any good for practise / fun to play with?

Thanks.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 07:12:30 AM »

they are okay I guess, don't see why you wouldn't just his the matchmaker button and play with real people. But the bots can be scaled nicely to provide various level of challenge.
There's actually a lot of training maps already on the workshop designed to help improve specific skills

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 07:21:25 AM »

lots of people trying to practice their aim will make a bunch of bots only use melee and you have to stand still and try to survive

HDSanctum
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 03:00:45 AM »

One does not simply play cs:go for fun.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 04:35:14 AM »

Yeah, pretty much all the appeal of GO is in the social/competitive stuff, without that it would just feel like a really shallow shooter, you'd be better of getting a different game if you want to play alone only

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 07:52:34 AM »

What's the difference between a bot who headshots you in a millisecond and a player who headshots you in a millisecond?

0stasis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 06:10:15 AM »

I remember playing 1.6 with bots and I got crazy good in cafes back then. But now I feel deathmatch is better. No only do you practice aiming, you're sorta thrown in the water with real people. Every situation is different. Bots are generic and stay still. People behave differently for you to miss. Plus the csgo community can be awesome (Not all the time ofcourse) but when you're in a match and everyone decides to do a knife fight, that's 10 times more fun than playing with robots.
JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 06:45:09 AM »

Playing against bots is just not the same experience as playing against real people - that's true for all shooter games, but especially in a tactical shooter like Counterstrike, nothing compares to the tension and adrenaline boosts you get when playing against a good team of players, preferably together with an equally good team. There's so much more to CS:GO than shooting someone in the head really fast, it's all about movement, a sense for the layout of the maps, timings, etc etc and the bots don't have any of that - they're just either really really bad or really really good in shooting you in the head, depending on the settings. They don't move, think and behave like a human player, and that takes away about 90 percent of what makes CS:GO such a great game. I'd even go as far as saying it's not worth buying the game at all if you do not play Competitive Matchmaking on a regular basis because that simply is the game they designed, all the other modes are just tacked on to provide some sort of variety.
I can also recommend 1v1 arena servers, retake servers and for pure warmup headshot-only pistol-only servers. Being good with the pistols already gives you a HUGE advantage over the average player - and it's always nice to get flamed by an AWPer for oneshotting him with an USP-S over the full sniping distance.
MisterDeluxia
Level 0

No.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 09:32:24 AM »

you can try BHOP and SURF if you want to sink a bit of time in the game to see if you like the game and if yes play more and more casual games once you get out of the "bad aim" state its really addicting. i would also recommend watching pro matches they are really gud!

Have fun!!!

I would put a signature but i dont have a pen...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic