Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:54:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAmazeface - Maze puzzle game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Amazeface - Maze puzzle game  (Read 8744 times)
Basil
Level 0

Starting more projects than I can finish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2016, 04:15:53 AM »

This is fantastic, I love it! Good luck on this. I've got a suggestion; portal tiles. I think its pretty self explanatory what they do.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:29:29 AM by Basil Termini » Logged
ambo100
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2016, 07:39:42 AM »

This is fantastic, I love it! Good luck on this. I've got a suggestion; portal tiles. I think its pretty self explanatory what they do.

They are already in the game.  Smiley
PetterBergmar
Level 2

Animator by day, gamemaker by night. And fridays.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »

Thanks! Yeah, they are called teleports and you start seeing them in world 2. I think that's what you mean.

I'm working on a start screen. This is what I have right now (the background is temporary and GIF screwed up some colors):

Twitter: @pbergmar
PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2016, 01:32:58 PM »

New version of the title screen:

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2016, 02:32:59 PM »

It's really coming together now! I have cut 8 levels so the final version will have 64 levels + 8 special levels, a total of 72 levels. Of these only 10 remain to be done. I have added more levels that are not so hard in the beginning since my testers found the difficulty curve a bit steep. Also the following progress is made:

Animated intro - Done
Menus, save slots and UI - Done
SFX and music - Done

Haven't updated the demo, I will focus on getting it done and then post it to playtesting. I'm still not sure if it will  be a free game or not, I've decided to finish it and make that decision when it's done. The playtesting version will be free but available for a limited time.

Some new pictures:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:38:12 PM by PetterBergmar » Logged

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »

Some more level screenshots:

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2016, 10:53:02 PM »

I've now set a release date for the game, on my birthday - November 22. Just a few levels left to be done now and then testing.

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2016, 11:17:48 AM »

When I saw Level 1-6 Mazey's Island it reminded me of a Pop Tart so I re-made it in the editor and I think it looks a bit more colourful and interesting. (I'm not sure if you have a Pop Tart level already but you are feel free to use this in your game, it should be exactly the same, just re-themed)

1-6 Mazey's Island (Left) - Pop Tart Level (Right)

I ended up using your level ambo! Since it's entrance is in the lake i changed the background to blue and named it "Ambo's Island" on the map!

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2016, 12:40:22 PM »

In the final world the levels get less cute. Here is "Name Your Poison":

ambo100
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2016, 11:28:50 AM »

When I saw Level 1-6 Mazey's Island it reminded me of a Pop Tart so I re-made it in the editor and I think it looks a bit more colourful and interesting. (I'm not sure if you have a Pop Tart level already but you are feel free to use this in your game, it should be exactly the same, just re-themed)

1-6 Mazey's Island (Left) - Pop Tart Level (Right)
<image>

I ended up using your level ambo! Since it's entrance is in the lake i changed the background to blue and named it "Ambo's Island" on the map!
Wow, Thanks!

What platform(s) are you aiming to release for?

I'd be happy to play test for iPhone, iPad, PC and PS4.
PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2016, 10:54:58 AM »

What platform(s) are you aiming to release for?

I'd be happy to play test for iPhone, iPad, PC and PS4.

It will be PC, Mac, Linux initially. And then iPhone Android after I take a break so I don't go insane. I'll let you know when it's out for testing!

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2016, 12:58:18 PM »

As I'm getting close to finished I thought I should share my workflow when designing the game. I wanted to work outside of unity as much as possible, so I created a level editor that will be in the game. Using this editor I create the levels, and save them in a custom .amaze file format (see left document below). I also have one special "map" level for level selection, also created with the level editor. The world map works just like the levels except it has level entrances.

Then I map .amaze files to the different map entrances in a file called levelpaths.txt. All this is done outside of the Unity editor. This file also specifies the number of moves you need to get below to be rewarded 2 or 3 stars. One star is given simply for beating the level.

Progress report: 68/72 levels done. 4 remain. So soon a new, much improved, build will be up for playtesting.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:06:08 PM by PetterBergmar » Logged

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2016, 01:29:41 PM »

All 72 levels are done!  Toast Left

Just a few small bug fixes and tweaks remain. And I need to create two endings, one that you see if you clear the balloon level and one that you get only if you 100% everything (Three stars on each level).

I will be back soon with more pictures and a video. I will also put up a playtesting thread with access to the full game for a limited time. Some kind of public beta test.

Petter
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:45:15 PM by PetterBergmar » Logged

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2016, 11:17:39 AM »

Updated main post with a new gameplay trailer. Beta version for playtest will be up in playtesting shortly.

Beer!

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2016, 11:36:24 AM »

You can now try the Beta version in Playtesting: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=58501.msg1293429#msg1293429

Drekinn
Level 0

It's all in the imagination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2016, 11:11:56 PM »

Simply amazing devlog updates you are providing us with, Petter! Thank you! :D
You've truly inspired me to want to squeeze every ounce of game development progress I make into my own devlog (soon to be posted). I feel very privileged to witness the coming together of all your creative decisions and design choices into what is already a delightfully fun and inspired game.

I love the editor interface and new levels, and the world map is looking an absolute treat. Smiley
It's great that you've finally set a release date: you're sure to be showered with praise and support for your efforts, and I'm certain you'll be eventually greenlit. Wink

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2016, 05:17:57 PM »

Windows version is released now! Need to test the Mac version a bit more. Get the game for $1.99 at http://amazeface.com.

Tomma
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2016, 04:18:32 AM »

Congratulations! It's the first game I bought on itch.io Smiley

I started to play it and I notice a small problem when I play with the mouse: the horizontal moves are reversed. When I click and move to the right, the cube move to the left.

I have another problem another with the mouse. Sometimes the "drag" doesn't work. And why there is no button "Quit" in the level (and in the map) ? Actually, it's not possible to play only with mouse.

Sorry ^^'
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:32:34 AM by Tomma » Logged

Tomma
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2016, 05:03:06 AM »

In level 2-7, I earned 3 stars with 60 moves. Is it normal?

PetterBergmar
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2016, 07:54:10 AM »

Congratulations! It's the first game I bought on itch.io Smiley

I started to play it and I notice a small problem when I play with the mouse: the horizontal moves are reversed. When I click and move to the right, the cube move to the left.

I have another problem another with the mouse. Sometimes the "drag" doesn't work. And why there is no button "Quit" in the level (and in the map) ? Actually, it's not possible to play only with mouse.

Sorry ^^'

Oops, the mouse controls are only there for debugging and I accidentally left them in! Sorry, I will update!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic