Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:15:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCRTTR
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: CRTTR  (Read 15778 times)
snaps
Level 0

:^ )

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2016, 06:55:50 PM »

Hello this is my first post although I am a very long time lurker.
I am currently making a game currently called CRTTR during my free time.
It is a sort of orthographic exploration rpg game although many of the details still need to be worked out.

Here are some gifs,

some screenshots,

and some videos.

wah_step

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope to update this thread as development progresses and I have a more concrete idea of what the game
will be since it is very early in development.  Right now it is basically just a fancy player
with nice shaders and not much to do.  I have some ideas about what you will do in this game so you will
probably see some testing of those soon.  Hopefully I'm not breaking some rule I didn't see by this
being my first post.  o well.

Thank u
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:10:55 PM by snaps » Logged

crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 07:03:37 PM »

he's beautiful

Caravan: devlog | website
ActualDog
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 07:31:05 PM »

I love this lil' crittr.

Looking forward to more!

Canned Turkey
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 07:37:08 PM »

This thing is freaky and I'm in love.
snaps
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »

he's beautiful
Thank u crusty owl.

I love this lil' crittr.

Looking forward to more!

Thank u too.  Means a lot as I have been watching ur game 4 awhile & evolutionary algorithms have been a long standing interest of mine.

HollowHollowHollow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 07:47:43 PM »

I really like the  aesthetics.
Shnurbs
Level 0

heyo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 02:31:44 PM »

ya know there are a lot of good games but this looks like its gonna be the b e s t game

snaps
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 03:54:11 PM »

I really like the  aesthetics.

I am glad u like my assthetics.  :^ )

E~BAG Update!

E~BAG will be a virtual bag for your e~tems.  Right now it is a bag of nothing.  I'm sorry here are gifs,

and a video.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 04:22:30 PM by snaps » Logged

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 01:57:54 AM »

b e a u t i f u l

This looks so wonderful! Is the dithering a post-processing effect or the gif quality because I think it is great. Do you plan to make it both local and networked multiplayer or is it something akin to void where you stumble across other players? What are you developing the game in? Sorry for the barrage of questions just very excited and intrigued by the project. Thank you for sharing and looking forward to more updates!

Thirteen
Level 0

@i_am_thirteen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 08:25:28 AM »

HERE COMES DAT BOI

snaps
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 12:14:32 PM »

b e a u t i f u l

This looks so wonderful! Is the dithering a post-processing effect or the gif quality because I think it is great. Do you plan to make it both local and networked multiplayer or is it something akin to void where you stumble across other players? What are you developing the game in? Sorry for the barrage of questions just very excited and intrigued by the project. Thank you for sharing and looking forward to more updates!

The dithering is a shader effect although I would not call it post processing since it is per-material and not applied to the whole screen.  You can see it more clearly in the screenshots than the gifs because of compression.  It is currently networked although right now the E~BAG needs some fixing.  I plan on doing some strange things with communication like void but I want the game to have more mmorpg-like systems just twisted up in certain ways.  It is being made in unity because custom 3D engines r 2 hard to make and network as one person however When I do 2D stuff I like to use c++ and sfml or cinder.

HERE COMES DAT BOI

I'm sorry in the future the MEMES will b in ur hands. Here.

mosseljongen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 03:45:06 PM »

N E A T,
would be awesome if you could store the sounds of different objects you booped into in your E~BAG.
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2016, 03:49:43 PM »

Inventory sequencer

sonder
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 12:36:01 AM »

I can't wait to play with this handsome boi
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 01:44:49 AM »

This is so weird xD But it does make me quite curious, so many possibilities! Do you already have a precise idea about where you want this to go, or are you making this up as it comes?

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
snaps
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 04:42:32 PM »

N E A T,
would be awesome if you could store the sounds of different objects you booped into in your E~BAG.

Yes that would be cool.

I can't wait to play with this handsome boi
This looks great! Great idea!
Thank u.

This is so weird xD But it does make me quite curious, so many possibilities! Do you already have a precise idea about where you want this to go, or are you making this up as it comes?

A bit of both. :^ )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slimy Slimedate!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is this junk?
It smells like chemicals but its fun to play in and watch. Blink
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:04:24 AM by snaps » Logged

snaps
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 04:50:55 PM »

Hello sorry to double post but I have made a significant development decision.  Originally this project was spawned out of an interest to make a sort of social experiment of a mmorpg after watching some friends playin runescape but the more I've given actually thought to the design of this game the less interested I have become in supporting multiplayer and here's y:

◕~ Few people even use in game communication in mmos for anything other than trading and instead opt to use skype or discord.  Even if I did alter or limit how players could communicate I think most would at least partiality circumvent that.

◕~ I like the character I made and don't want to provide customization but I feel that making a multiplayer game would require some way to differentiate players from one another.

◕~ I like the idea of having smaller enterable rooms but to have that in a multiplayer game would present a particular challenge with unity.

◕~ How on earth will I do hosting for a mmo?!?!?!?

◕~ I don't have concrete idea of what mp would add to the player experience but I think it could easily damage some narrative things.

◕~ I don't know if a strange game like this would ever generate a large enough player-base that multiplayer would work as intended and I have even greater doubts that the community would last and hosting would stay cost-feasible.  I don't like the idea of my game having an expiration date.

◕~ I don't really play much of any multiplayer games. ( ’ ~ ’)

So basically what this means is I am removing networking from the player but I will continue to keep a lot of functions separate so in the future It would be easy to go back on.  I plan on continuing the project as an rpg exploration game.  I hope this change does not upset anyone but I think it is for the best of the game and it is better to make this decision earlier rather than later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a more positive note...

Art & Slime Update!

I have wrked on making some new art assets and on improving slime.  I thought that the effects of the player on the slime was not visible enough so I made the slime color-reactively glowy.

Here are some images and

EXTRA BIG SCREENSHOT

here is a video.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 04:59:01 PM by snaps » Logged

snaps
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 01:38:10 PM »

Hello I am bumping this with some art questions.  I guess if I don't get a response here I'll make another thread in creative.
I'm trying to do an orthographic cutaway thing sort of like indoor areas in samorost.  My question is what do I do with the BG?

Do I leave it black?

Do I make it solid color?

Put a quad w some subtle gradient?

Or something different?

Do you even thing this is a good idea or should I try to keep the game more flat?

Please give me some input!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:04:55 PM by snaps » Logged

crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 08:45:52 PM »

what about like a dino skull

Caravan: devlog | website
Shnurbs
Level 0

heyo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 09:01:44 PM »

Perhaps you could do a subtle glow effect?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic