Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 12:47:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesiOS recommendations
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25
Print
Author Topic: iOS recommendations  (Read 81253 times)
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2011, 01:53:40 PM »

I don't really know about ChuChu Rocket!, but I've heard it's pretty popular and the iOS version is free today!

nope, it's definitely not free right now

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »

nope, it's definitely not free right now
It was when I posted, but unfortunately I was a little late with that.

ChuChu Rocket! is one of the top ten best puzzle games ever made.
No hyperbole.
That good? Hm, I'm curious.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »

Has anyone else seen this "Mos Speedrun" thing?

Cuz like holy crap this is amazing

It's really reminiscent of Hook Champ in the best way possible

One of the best uses of the touchscreen in a platformer I've seen

Lots of features but it doesn't feel cluttered, every single element of the game seems to carefully work together and contribute toward the central design

It's like someone tried to strip down a platformer to just the way you behave while platforming and design controls that let you speedrun but not play normally. And somehow found a way to make this work with the touchscreen WITHOUT on-screen buttons.

The zombie shown in the picture, that particular enemy type just shambles back and forth going Sad until they see you die, and then they're all simultaneously like Smiley

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2011, 10:07:21 AM »

mos speedrun is sexcellent, and all the cave games are on sale for a week right now! get bug panic!

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2011, 01:35:09 PM »

Does anyone know of fun, easy to pick up and play multiplayer games, that can be played with a friend or more sitting next to you? Either on a single iPhone by playing simultaneously or preferably by passing it around, or via Bluetooth with two devices.

For example the turn-based strategy games I've tried are usually too complex, as you'd first have to learn before you could play them or even know if you'd like them. Traditional games like Battleship and Connect Four work pretty well, but these are just a bit boring.

So, I'm open for suggestions of all kinds, there just gotta be great fun games for this purpose on the app store! Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2011, 12:05:54 PM »

Looks nice, reminds me of an extremely similar freeware game for PC. Hm.. forgot the title.

For now I'm enjoying the free version of Disc Drivin', pretty much a turn-based racing game about flipping discs around a racetrack. Unfortunately, while there are several cool powerups/weapons, they are pretty much all useless except for the turbo, at least with only 2 players. But, it's fun enough for a free game.

Also, the wonderful Solomon's Boneyard apparently stays free now! As said before, it's kind of like Diablo turned into an arena arcade game, with a very addictive "meta upgrade system" in the form of gold that you collect in each round to spend on new stuff like more wizards to choose from (10 in total now) and interchangeable perks giving you unique advantages. Great fun, can't wait for the "Deluxe" PC version Smiley

Now that I own it, I can definitely recommend Street Fighter IV. With only two attack buttons it most definitely is a simplified version of the "real" game, but for what it is it works splendidly, notably thanks to the surprisingly good controls.

Lastly, I also got around to finally buying PewPew 2 and it was worth it. It's the same game as the original PewPew, but with two campaigns which kept me playing for a while, and more diverse endless modes which are a lot of fun to play for highscores. Also, pretty much perfectly precise controls Smiley

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2011, 06:45:11 PM »

Freak Fiesta is awesome. I wish it actually had people playing it, I only see myself and a couple friends.

destiny is truth pre-op
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2011, 07:38:55 PM »

Sword & Sworcery EP  Gomez
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2011, 04:52:59 AM »

Can you tell us something about the game w/ out spoiling?
The trailers warn to not watch, but the hype hasn't convinced me to purchase.

destiny is truth pre-op
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2011, 05:36:00 AM »

Can you tell us something about the game w/ out spoiling?
The trailers warn to not watch, but the hype hasn't convinced me to purchase.

Gosh, uh, it's a point and click kind of adventure, but also you fight things (very occasionally, but also very smoothly), and it's one of the more gorgeous games I've played in quite some time. There is a bear warrior in dancing through your dreams. Everything about the presentation instantly appealed to me. Lots of cute little details. Robert Ashley provides some voice acting. Also, whilst it doesn't take itself particularly seriously, it always manages to remain weirdly consistent.

Did I mention the soundtrack is phenomenal? The soundtrack is phenomenal.

To be honest, excepting the "Spoiler Alert" one (which I'll refrain from watching until I'm finished with the game) none of the trailers spoil anything. They confuse more than confirm.

I'd say you should check it out.
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2011, 12:19:26 AM »

Lastly, I also got around to finally buying PewPew 2 and it was worth it. It's the same game as the original PewPew, but with two campaigns which kept me playing for a while, and more diverse endless modes which are a lot of fun to play for highscores. Also, pretty much perfectly precise controls Smiley

Haha, the author is a good friend of mine- I believe there's my name in the credits.  Gentleman

Buy PewPew2! Smiley
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2011, 12:06:50 PM »

Zenonia 3 recently came out-- It's great fun.

mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »

Zenonia 3 recently came out-- It's great fun.
Hm... I never finished Zenonia 1.

If I skip Zenonia 2 and go directly to 3 will I regret it?

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »

No.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »

I think Tilt to Live is the best iPhone game. So much variety there.

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2011, 12:11:10 AM »

I'll throw another vote in for Game Dev Story, it's a cute little game - it's nice to see all these game ideas made and sell millions of copies, even if it's just a dream.  Tears of Joy

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Chris Pavia
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2011, 08:59:45 AM »

I found Game Dev Story to be a bit too easy, but I still had fun playing it.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2011, 09:04:47 AM »

Game Dev Story starts out decently challenging but you eventually reach a point where the situation can just sort of sustain itself. This is a problem a lot of management games have but it's particularly bad in GDS. Still a fun game though. If you like it, be sure to check out Hot Springs Story from the same dev.
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »

Does Hot Springs Story bring anything more to the table in terms of gameplay, or is it just a skinned GDS?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »

It shares some mechanics but the basic premise is different. It's more like Sim City. Spatial organization plays a big part.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic