Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:44:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesiOS recommendations
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
Print
Author Topic: iOS recommendations  (Read 81244 times)
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2011, 12:57:41 AM »

I'm getting Ipod touch 4g today and was looking Sword and Sworcery in appstore. There is two versions of it, with other one being cheaper (EP Micro). What is the difference between those two? I read their appstore pages but all they said was that universal edition was well, universal.

Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2011, 03:22:12 AM »

The two are the exact same in terms of content; micro runs just on the iPhone/iPod touch, and universal runs on iPhone/iPod touch + iPad as well.

So if you think one day you'll want to play it on the iPad, get universal; otherwise get micro Smiley
Zulaan
Level 2

┌∩┐(◕‿◕)┌∩┐

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2011, 03:30:59 AM »

I really don't see what all the hype is about Sword and Sworcery the graphics are pretty cool but the gameplay is boring. The story isn't even very good yet.(just started the second "session"

I got twenty-five cans in my knapsack, crossin out the wick-wack
Puttin up my name with a fat cap
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2011, 12:17:27 PM »

The soundtrack and graphics are cool, but otherwise yes, disappointed by Capy who usually delivers deep gameplay.

It's mostly a game for hipsters TBH.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »

I never thought of it that way.  Cheesy

But hipsters just talk about games, as if they've played them... Right?

I'm enjoying it right now. I'm mostly playing it at night, a few minutes before bed, during my "chill" mood/time.

Hopefully it's not all that short.
Zulaan
Level 2

┌∩┐(◕‿◕)┌∩┐

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »

The soundtrack and graphics are cool, but otherwise yes, disappointed by Capy who usually delivers deep gameplay.

I hate hipsters -,-
Me and my friends just make fun of some hipster kid all day in class
its pretty fun lol, he doesn't even know that he acts like a hardcore hipster...
today the kid didn't wear shoes to class again ... (shoes are so mainstream)

Anyyyyways...  try League of Evil its pretty fun you can try the full version free here if you want http://armorgames.com/play/6762/league-of-evil and if you want to play it while on the go just buy it on your iphone/ipod

I think the ipod version is better than the one I linked because the controls feel different.

I got twenty-five cans in my knapsack, crossin out the wick-wack
Puttin up my name with a fat cap
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »

Meanwhile, one year ago...

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2011, 07:27:55 PM »

Hehe. I will watch your posts more closely now Moi...

WE HAVE A PROPHET!
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2011, 07:50:43 AM »

Hehe. I will watch your posts more closely now Moi...

WE HAVE A PROPHET!

I saw the hype, then saw someone describe the game as "mostly walking".. skipped it.
League of Evil is fun! I played through the Flash a while back.

destiny is truth pre-op
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2011, 08:46:19 AM »

It's not a great game, but the atmosphere is really engaging- the soundtrack is mind blowing. It makes for great chill out sessions .

Man, playing that game high must be fantastic.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2011, 11:54:46 AM »

I'm at the first Trigon battle and can't seem to be able to beat it yet. Yeah, game can be disappointing if one looks a deep gameplay but I like the atmosphere and humour there is going on and don't find it boring. I guess it's what people look for games, personally I like these kinds of games once in a while. It's just not everyone's cup of the tea.

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2011, 02:44:04 PM »

Street Fighter IV is down to the silly price of $0,99 until the "successor" Street Fighter IV Volt arrives. Apparently, Volt will be exactly the same game, but with an online multiplayer mode and 3 (4) additional characters.
It seems a bit cheeky to be charging for this like a whole new game, but then again SFIV saw several big, big updates already.

Also, owning both SFIV and SFIV Volt will give you something "special". My guess is that the 4th new character in Volt is only unlocked that way.

Anyway, as much as SFIV on the iPhone is a simplified version of the original game, it's still really, really good! For only a dollar it's a steal.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2011, 03:30:18 PM »

Orions 2 is one of my favorite iOS games at the moment. It's pretty much Heroes of Might and Magic: The Gathering gameplay-wise. Don't be fooled by the somewhat cheap-looking graphics, this is a seriously deep and rewarding game.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2011, 12:54:25 PM »

Uuuh. Uuuuuh! Sword & Sworcery only $1 for iPhone/iPod Touch (S&S EP Micro) or $2 for those+iPad (S&S EP):
http://www.swordandsworcery.com/

And the sweet soundtrack is "pay what you want can": http://jimguthrie.bandcamp.com/

Today only!

Trailer!

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2011, 10:35:46 AM »

Bit Pilot is a pretty great avoid 'em up.

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »

Joining Hands is a good puzzler. There are no time constraints (except to get a bonus star), an interesting mechanic, and tons of levels.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2011, 06:49:40 PM »

My favorites:

-Gameloft usually makes some quality rip-offs. I've played Modern Combat 2, NOVA 2, Spider-Man, Starfront, Gangstar: MV, Hero of Sparta 2, Eternal Legacy, Sacred Odyssey, and Shadow Guardian. I've really enjoyed all of those.

-League of Evil is a phenomenal platformer that starts off easy but soon gets absolutely rediculous.

-Sword and Sworcery... well I can't explain it. Gorgeous and intriguing. Get it. Now.

-Death Rally is a fun time killer, but it's a bit on the easy side

-Feed Me Oil is reminiscent to World of Goo, but almost as fantastic

-World of Goo is just about as perfect as a game can get

-Infinity Blade is a must. A MUST.

-The Hook games (Super QuickHook, Hook Champ, Hook Worlds) are all incredibly addicting

- The Blocks Cometh, Canabalt, Flight Control, and Pix'n Love Rush are all fantastic endless games

-Street Fighter 4 is surprisingly well made and very worth it

-Dead Space, while short, is very atmoshperic and creepy

-Ace Attorney, while a port, is amazing. If you didn't play it on the DS, play it on this

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2011, 08:07:13 PM »

Army of Darkness Defense is pretty fun, played it over a couple of days. It was free when I got it (they sell you coins to upgrade your defenses, but you can play it to completion for free. It might take repeating a few levels to grind coins, but a free game is a free game).

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2011, 02:48:31 AM »

Speaking of which, I've been looking for a good tower defense game for my iphone recently, but the selection is kind of overwhelming. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good ones?
Sabby
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2011, 09:41:37 AM »

If you haven't been recommended them yet, check out Space Invaders Infinity Gene (the game that made me believe in the iPhone as a serious gaming platform) and a game called Spirit
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic