Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:28:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesiOS recommendations
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25
Print
Author Topic: iOS recommendations  (Read 81190 times)
brettchalupa
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2012, 03:12:30 PM »

So guys, guess what? Ghost Trick just came out for iOS. The game's free to download but you have to pay 10 dollars/8 euros to unlock all the chapters.

If you haven't played this game on the DS or don't own a DS, get it now because it's a great game. The port is pretty much flawless from what I played.

Are you playing on the iPad or iPhone? I've noticed on my iPad2 some pixelation. I wish it was a little bit higher res, but other than that it's really fun. I'm glad I have the chance to play it!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2012, 03:14:55 PM »

iphone 4. well yeah it's a ds port, obviously they didn't up the resolution for ipad screens.
TaintedFork
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2012, 04:48:01 PM »

Yeah, I thought the port was pretty dang horrible.

I've heard it's better on iPad, but on my iPhone, it sucks. Sad

It seems to be low framerate/resolution and they put an ugly banner on the right side of the screen just... because. And they improperly stretched some UI elements, made it hard to pick up where you left off if you stop playing, and otherwise turned a great game into a mediocre one at best.

I would recommend spending the extra money to get the DS version, which is an excellent game. I wouldn't waste your time on this shitty port. Although I would recommend you try the beginning because it's free, I cannot recommend buying it on iOS.

Also I'd like to reiterate I don't have an iPad so it could be all perfect and wonderful on that (but I seriously doubt it).
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »

no u!! the port works perfectly for me. what generation of iphone do you have?

the "ugly banner" is to keep the resolution intact
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:25:42 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2012, 11:25:14 PM »

So guys, guess what? Ghost Trick just came out for iOS. The game's free to download but you have to pay 10 dollars/8 euros to unlock all the chapters.

If you haven't played this game on the DS or don't own a DS, get it now because it's a great game. The port is pretty much flawless from what I played.
Aweesommeee

I think a Japanese-only version has been out for awhile but I didn't know an English version was coming.

I have an ancient DS as well as an iPhone/iPad, but I find it hard to keep my attention on the DS for long so I'm more likely to finish if I can play on iPhone or iPad. Is the iPhone version a noticeable step down from the DS version?

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
TaintedFork
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2012, 08:30:36 AM »

no u!! the port works perfectly for me. what generation of iphone do you have?

the "ugly banner" is to keep the resolution intact

I have a 4S, and things didn't seem to be as smooth as they felt like they should have been (especially in comparison to other iPhone games). I could be remembering it wrong, though, or it my mind looking at low[er] resolution animations and thinking it looked bad.

Also, when someone ports a game to a new system, I expect them to adapt the game to that system as well. This includes making the visible area of the game just a little bit wider so they don't need to put a big ol' banner there to "preserve resolution."

When I play an iPhone game, regardless of whether it is a port or not, I expect it to fill the entire screen. I think that's perfectly reasonable, and Capcom simply failed to do it, for no real reason outside of laziness, as far as I'm concerned.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2012, 08:42:19 AM »

Even though it would be better to redesign the graphics it's much better than to call Mr.hq4x for the job (Mega Man X). =p

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2012, 12:07:10 PM »

Yeah, if it filled the whole screen half of the people here would rage how Capcom beat their precious pixels.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2012, 12:39:40 PM »

i don't think it'd be very profitable for capcom to redesign the gfx for the iphone port especially seeing as the ds original wasn't exactly a mega seller to put it mildly.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »

The animations seem a lot jerkier than the DS version.

archagon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 05, 2012, 08:06:22 PM »

Shogun is a new built-for-iOS bullet-hell shmup that I've been having tons of fun with. Really polished, clearly a labor of love. First level's free, the other three cost $2. (The difficulty is more Jamestown than Cave/Touhou).
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: February 05, 2012, 09:01:45 PM »

I need to give some love to puzzlejuice and also 100 rogues. I have killed many a battery with both those games in the last week.

also a shout out to a game my company released a few weeks ago, Paper Monsters

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: February 05, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »

Puzzlejuice is super great, but I will say it is WAYYYYY better on iPad. Nailing those diagonals in a hurry on an iPod/Phone is frustrate

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2012, 06:05:09 AM »

The picture in picture really helps, but I always forget to look at it.

Theophilus
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »

The picture in picture really helps, but I always forget to look at it.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2012, 12:43:14 PM »

Yeah, it's frisking funnnnn. Yo. But only when it works, it's as buggy as the amazon rainforest on my iPod touch 2g.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »

I still cant get 3,000,000 points. I top out at like 2.8 Angry

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: February 16, 2012, 10:16:50 AM »

GUYSSSSSS BEAT SNEAK BANDIT IS AWESOME!

So good! One of the best rhythm games since the last Rhythm Heaven.

League of Evil 2 is smooth as buttah. Maybe the best virtual controls this side of Super Crate Box.

And in other news, The Blocks Cometh is free. It's a great little platformer.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2012, 02:12:10 PM »

Tim Rogers' game, ZiGGURAT is out now and it's pretty fucking cool. Really satisfying controls. I'm excited to see what comes next from Action Button.

brettchalupa
« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2012, 12:13:42 PM »

Tim Rogers' game, ZiGGURAT is out now and it's pretty fucking cool. Really satisfying controls. I'm excited to see what comes next from Action Button.

I just came to this thread to post exactly this. Lots of fun to play when you have a minute or two.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic