Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:56:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesiOS recommendations
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25
Print
Author Topic: iOS recommendations  (Read 80730 times)
Theophilus
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2012, 09:15:46 PM »

It's pretty good, but I can't stand the mixed pixel resolutions.
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2012, 03:49:35 AM »

Tim Rogers' game, ZiGGURAT is out now and it's pretty fucking cool. Really satisfying controls. I'm excited to see what comes next from Action Button.
I've been playing it all night, and I can safely say it's one of the best iOS games I've ever placed my fingers on. The game resonates an aura of satisfaction.

brettchalupa
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2012, 06:30:11 PM »

It's pretty good, but I can't stand the mixed pixel resolutions.

What do you mean by mixed pixel resolutions? I guess I am a bit confused about what it means.  Embarrassed
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2012, 07:42:16 PM »

Scaled pixels. Those big aliens are just little aliens scaled bigger. It ain't right.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2012, 07:46:27 PM »

i think it's cute :3

brettchalupa
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2012, 09:19:34 PM »

Scaled pixels. Those big aliens are just little aliens scaled bigger. It ain't right.

Ah, I see. I didn't even realize that.  Facepalm

I get the feeling now when I play that it's all I will notice.  No No NO
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2012, 09:46:44 PM »

I didn't notice it either until it was pointed out. Now you ruined it for me. Undecided

st33d
« Reply #227 on: February 29, 2012, 01:58:42 AM »

Couldn't get into this game at all.

Why doesn't the gun ever point where I touch the screen? I've tried swiping and everything. Is that the point of the game? That the prick on top of the hill won't respond to my input properly?
Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: February 29, 2012, 02:37:44 AM »

Total self plug, but if you like arcade gameplay and high scores check out Hyper Snake.

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: February 29, 2012, 04:03:05 AM »

Couldn't get into this game at all.

Why doesn't the gun ever point where I touch the screen? I've tried swiping and everything. Is that the point of the game? That the prick on top of the hill won't respond to my input properly?
I can't tell if you're serious or not but I'm going to respond anyway. Tapping to charge, moving horizontally to aim and releasing to fire is all you have to do.

st33d
« Reply #230 on: February 29, 2012, 05:31:59 AM »

Right. Didn't get this horizontal movement thing at all. There was just too many instruction screens for me to remember what to do and then it drops me in it without letting me find out how to play again.

To me it would have made more sense to point where I was touching the screen, but I guess that wouldn't work on the iPhone.

I'll give it another go, but I wasn't really having any fun even when I could shoot in the right direction.
brettchalupa
« Reply #231 on: February 29, 2012, 08:08:48 AM »

After over a week of Ziggurat being out and still holding my interest when I have a few minutes, I will say that I do like it.

I have noticed some bugs though. When you play with two thumbs and you press both down at the same time then release, it causes the game to think they are still touching. I know this bug because it is something I just ran into during development for my current game. It has something to do with Flixel iOS.

Also, when you switch out of the game and then switch back it, the music is muted or doesn't start again.

Anyone else having these issues?

Total self plug, but if you like arcade gameplay and high scores check out Hyper Snake.

This looks like a lot of fun, I just bought it.  Smiley
Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: February 29, 2012, 08:22:49 AM »

Thanks dude  Beer!

I think the multi-touch thing isn't just flixel, it's a general iOS problem I've noticed before. Sometimes the release touch event just doesn't get fired and it thinks your fingers are still on the device. Not sure if this has changed much since I was looking at it (before iOS 5).

brettchalupa
« Reply #233 on: February 29, 2012, 08:31:48 AM »

Thanks dude  Beer!

I think the multi-touch thing isn't just flixel, it's a general iOS problem I've noticed before. Sometimes the release touch event just doesn't get fired and it thinks your fingers are still on the device. Not sure if this has changed much since I was looking at it (before iOS 5).

Ah, well good to know it just isn't flixel. Tongue It is still a problem in iOS 5, from my experiences!

Also, hyper snake is a lot of fun. The visuals look good too. At first I was surprised it was all tilt based and a little worried. However, after played a few games it felt really good.
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: February 29, 2012, 12:46:51 PM »

I have noticed some bugs though. When you play with two thumbs and you press both down at the same time then release, it causes the game to think they are still touching. I know this bug because it is something I just ran into during development for my current game. It has something to do with Flixel iOS.

Also, when you switch out of the game and then switch back it, the music is muted or doesn't start again.

Anyone else having these issues?
I experience both, but I don't mind them since I never have two fingers touching the screen at once. I also willingly exploit the music bug in absence of an actual button to mute the music.

Mook2000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »

Hi team,

Been a big fan of Tigsource but never got round to contributing - rathered playing the games and dreaming about dreaming about making them than knuckling down to the hard work like so many of you artistes. It's late and I should be sleeping but I came across this wild game for iPad called Good vs. Reason which I'm sure is total marmite (Read love/hate non-Commonwealth types) but needs some attention because the Russians seem to be hoggin it's fantasticness to itself. Here's a review/hint that I wrote for elsewhere on the net:

Oh, man.. What a surpprise. I bought this on a weird whim and tried it out, only to be beaten back by the first level. Tonight I picked it up again and refused to let it beat me. It takes perseverance and good memory but it’s possible and certainly an original puzzle in my opinion.

Basically you need to move up the screen. Staying on a track that goes off the screen is not always a bad thing but generally just try to move up at the start and learn which colour tracks are benficial for moving up. My tips in rough ascending order are the dark green on the left, the one that looks like a filmstrip(get off at top of second last fold) and at the end just stay riding the dark blue! That leaves a lot to figure out but I hope people stick with it.

After this the story and characters get really weird. I thought the game was broken after the second level because I couldn’t advance but then I realised the map is a sliding block puzzle (and not too harsh which is a relief because I hate them). I’ve played about five further levels and they’re not all original but really well presented and the story is madder than a cartload of monkeys..

I’m gonna put some effort into championing this game because it’s original, cheap and loads of mad content. And it’s hard! And it requires you to think and stick at it! Too many one-touch casual gamez out there which are destroying narrative and gameplay. I’m gonna go all out and say this is the iOS version of Pathalogic. It deserves a lot more attention and a lot more valiant gamers who don’t need hand holding. Enjoy!

Am I the only one tired of retro platformers? Indie can be so much more (much love to Increpare and Cactus) and seeing this mad content-rich bravery is refreshing, especially on iPad. It's a 99c app and while I can't promise to refund you I can accuse you of giving up too easily because you all got soft since I Want To Be The Guy. Gods... That was hard. I'd love to hear of any other iOS gems people hold up.

All the best and thanks for all the EXEs.
Mook
Mook2000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2012, 03:50:25 PM »

Just got the shivers because I am going to get shot down for comparing Good vs. Reason to Pathalogic. And it is just a bunch of mini-games with weird stuff. But... I needed to share.

Other suggestions are ZONR, Fractal and Circadia - though they're puzzle games which are pretty prevalent on iOS. I wasn't impressed by Terra Noctis, Wasted Land or Run Roo Run (FTW?!) which were well acclaimed.

Oh, yeah. One last gem if you can cram a few buddies round an iPad is Craze. It's like a brilliant multiplayer snake clone called Viper on the Amiga. Quality stuff.
Cheers,mook
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »

Just got the AAAAAAAAaaaaAAaAAAaAAA port and Waking Mars. Both are excellent. I think it might be the best version of AAaAAAaaaAA.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »

Been enjoying Beat Sneak Bandit, the game's got loads of style.
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2012, 11:49:50 AM »

GUYS GET WHALE TRAIL OK

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic