Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:34:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesiOS recommendations
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25
Print
Author Topic: iOS recommendations  (Read 81195 times)
memis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: August 11, 2015, 12:33:06 PM »

Don't expect any farmvilles here  No No NO
I like quick fix (one-touch) games mostly.
Soooo here is my list:

Well, hello there!

Co-founder of Zero Point Developers
Demetris Boukos

Make'n Omelette is now available on App Store for free. Download now!
Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2015, 04:21:20 AM »

Swords and Sworcery Super Brothers EP is epic!

Quick pick-up awesomeness:
Crossy Road
Punchquest
Jetpack Joyride
That one where you avoid the dots (Avoid The Dots?)
Oh, and Left for Dead. I think that's what its calledDead Ahead. Running over zombies on a motorbike with awesome pixel graphics.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:15:17 AM by Geoff Moore » Logged

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: August 21, 2015, 02:39:33 PM »

Pac-Man 256 is great. It's an isometric Pac-Man with a moving "death wall", procedurally generated paths, and power ups.
I recommend it. 

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 22, 2015, 05:16:49 AM »

Pac-Man 256 is great. It's an isometric Pac-Man with a moving "death wall", procedurally generated paths, and power ups.
I recommend it. 

it's basically pacman + crossy road and yes it's very good. up there with the mighty pacman CE as one of the best reinventions of the pacman formula.

makes me wonder what other games can be "endlessified" like that
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 23, 2015, 11:41:19 AM »

galactic keep is really nice. it's like those weird overcomplex rpgboardgames i designed as a kid except finished and actually pretty damn neat. this article puts it into words better than i could: http://www.pockettactics.com/features/dispatches/a-song-for-galactic-keep/
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 14, 2015, 04:44:21 AM »

theres gonna be a followup to king of dragon pass. HYPE!

http://www.pockettactics.com/features/a-strange-whisper-six-ages-will-be-2016s-follow-up-to-the-classic-king-of-dragon-pass/
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #466 on: September 14, 2015, 05:16:45 PM »

lol i was just going to post that. kodp owns.

Shashwah
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: September 17, 2015, 02:30:26 PM »

PixelFall by Jack Hunt,
it's a simple game but it's supposed to be for like just sitting on the bus or train or something simple like that, I enjoy it so maybe you all will!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 25, 2015, 04:28:22 AM »

Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville

rebuild 2 is one of my favorite mobile strategy games, lame theme and amateurish graphics be damned. the 3rd one is a huge step forward visually and probably also an improvement mechanically. i say "probably" because the interface is so frustratingly phone-unfriendly that i haven't actually played it a lot. even in my short time with the gam i cant count the number of times ive accidentally dragged a character to a different building when i just wanted to scroll the map.
Dinosaursssssss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 26, 2015, 08:38:27 AM »

I've been really into Alphabear recently, a word game from Spry Fox (who made Triple Town). They've been doing a really good job supporting it post-release with a bunch of good balance fixes.

I'm not super thrilled with their monetization though; there are effectively 2 energy systems, one that limits how often you can play normal events, and one that limits how often you can use different bears (which are required to progress). You can buy out of the first one for $5 which is fine, but the second can only be bypassed by waiting up to 12 hours or buying coins. From a balance perspective it makes some sense to force people to use different bears, but it still feels bad to have bought out of one energy system and still be stuck with another. Still, the core gameplay is really satisfying so I recommend it.

I also recently got back into Threes 'cause I wanted to check out the free version and see how they monetize. That game is still great, and the system they went with (certain number of plays per day, you can watch ads to get more) is pretty generous.

Lokai
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: October 02, 2015, 11:34:38 AM »

Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville

rebuild 2 is one of my favorite mobile strategy games, lame theme and amateurish graphics be damned. the 3rd one is a huge step forward visually and probably also an improvement mechanically. i say "probably" because the interface is so frustratingly phone-unfriendly that i haven't actually played it a lot. even in my short time with the gam i cant count the number of times ive accidentally dragged a character to a different building when i just wanted to scroll the map.

Yeah I've also been playing that and I cannot tell you the number of mistakes I've made because I clicked on the wrong thing. Nevertheless, I've always loved the Rebuild games and this one is pretty solid. For some reason it is holding onto my attention a lot less than the previous ones, but maybe that is because some of the features are kind of being spoonfed through the campaign and I feel like I hit that wall long before I finish the level.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #471 on: October 02, 2015, 05:59:49 PM »

horizon chase is a great outrun/pole position style racing game and it's on sale right now for $0.99

Conker
« Reply #472 on: October 05, 2015, 03:53:42 PM »

I don't know if its been recommended yet but Monster Strike is a great mobile game with friends, check it out
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: October 14, 2015, 07:07:24 PM »

holy shit, PLAY DOWNWELL

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 15, 2015, 03:54:59 PM »

i put down fallout shelter for like 3 months and picked it up again. turns out a dweller i sent out to the wasteland before i quit actually *survived the whole time*. she's going to return in 45 days (as in irl days) now.
Yougiedeggs
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 17, 2015, 06:38:16 PM »

holy shit, PLAY DOWNWELL

It's a crazy good action platformer with roguelike elements, and I can't put it down.
A must play IMO
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:43:38 PM by Yougiedeggs » Logged
Conker
« Reply #476 on: October 18, 2015, 09:28:11 AM »

i put down fallout shelter for like 3 months and picked it up again. turns out a dweller i sent out to the wasteland before i quit actually *survived the whole time*. she's going to return in 45 days (as in irl days) now.

how

what items did you get
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 18, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »

how

what items did you get

it was a unique character from a lunchbox (sarah lyons) with insane stats. i got a shitload of rares but no legendaries.
Conker
« Reply #478 on: October 18, 2015, 07:23:26 PM »

dum u should have all legendarys
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 19, 2015, 12:56:10 AM »

can legendaries even drop from the wasteland?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic