Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:56:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Dark Experiment - 2D Action Horror
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: The Dark Experiment - 2D Action Horror  (Read 11147 times)
KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2016, 08:38:22 AM »

Love it! while I agree with Shirsh about the handgun stance being a bit masculine, this one rocks my world.

Thanks Jordan! I agree with Shirsh as well, I will be pulling that forward leg inward more with a pigeon toe to give her more of a feminine posture.

This is just a pic of a creepy kitchen inside one of the houses. Cabinets and fridges can be opened to reveal items, loot or simply key elements in the game to progress the story along further.

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2016, 03:08:40 AM »

Dig the heads Smiley

And the kitchen goop!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2016, 10:57:25 AM »

Dig the heads Smiley

And the kitchen goop!

thanks amanfr01. Trying to up the creepiness lol.

Testing out a couple of new animations for one of the enemies in the game. The virus combined with this guys mental disorder has turned him into a freakish boss.

KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2016, 08:00:28 PM »

So I have recently decided to put more of an emphasis on melee combat using a variety of melee weapons as opposed to the player just using a knife.

A melee weapon will be the alternative for the player at their leisure or if the player runs out of ammo completely.

Each weapon has its own attack power and the player can only carry one melee weapon at a time.

KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 11:04:20 AM »

I recently started a video Devlog series and this is the introductory video.

I will be posting more videos showcasing other interesting things throughout the games development process soon.

lobstersteve
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2016, 04:36:09 AM »

i really like where this is going. if the music in the video is part of the game, then i also really dig it  Smiley
i'm not that great in animation, but one thing that catched my eye is, that the transitions between the animations are kinda fast. at first your character is standing and once she starts running, she is in an animation state, as if she is already running at full speed. same goes for the stabbing animation. i don't know how to improve it, but maybe slowing the animation down or having an extra frame when going from the standing animation to the running animation would help..
KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2016, 02:15:25 PM »

i really like where this is going. if the music in the video is part of the game, then i also really dig it  Smiley
i'm not that great in animation, but one thing that catched my eye is, that the transitions between the animations are kinda fast. at first your character is standing and once she starts running, she is in an animation state, as if she is already running at full speed. same goes for the stabbing animation. i don't know how to improve it, but maybe slowing the animation down or having an extra frame when going from the standing animation to the running animation would help..

Thanks lobstersteve!

The music that you hear in the introduction video is part of a free music pack I got from the unity asset store like 4 years ago. I needed some background music for the video so I was just working with what I had. Though I do plan to have some of the music in the games soundtrack sound similar to the music in the video because it does sound kind of cool.

Yes I need to change some code to do smooth transitions between animations which I plan on doing soon, I noticed that when I first started development on this game as well I just haven't gotten around to it but yes thanks for pointing that out to me as I have actually forgotten about taking care of it.

KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2016, 11:00:55 AM »

Doing more level building. Here is a few screenshots of the town in the beginning part of the game where Agent Delilah first arrives in her patrol car.

This is the base structure minus enemies and item pickups along with a couple more interior's inside random houses.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:25:21 AM by KevinTillman » Logged

KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2016, 04:22:26 PM »

Took a little break from level building to brainstorm different boss ideas.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:47:27 PM by KevinTillman » Logged

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2016, 02:25:47 AM »

I love the second one! He looks like he'd be jumping all over the place in a fun, and enjoyably frustrating boss fight x)

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2016, 07:15:42 AM »

I love the second one! He looks like he'd be jumping all over the place in a fun, and enjoyably frustrating boss fight x)

Yes! that is the goal for this guy. Hopping around above the player spiting acid and doing other crazy things  Big Laff.

KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2016, 04:03:10 PM »

Testing out the grenade launcher, I think I want to go for an even bigger explosion.

Also I think random explosions on enemy impact would be good as well.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:19:28 PM by KevinTillman » Logged

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2016, 12:09:33 PM »

Perfect game to be updated with Halloween right around the corner Smiley

Nice explosion!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2016, 08:36:07 AM »

Perfect game to be updated with Halloween right around the corner Smiley

Nice explosion!

Hey thanks for the compliment amanfr01!

You actually gave me a cool idea i want to try and implement before Halloween hits. Hopefully I can.

KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2016, 12:23:25 PM »

More explosions!

This one is a work in progress of an enemy's kamikaze explosion animation.

I am thinking about also giving him an alternative run animation. This way in certain situations where there are multiple enemy's of this type it will make it harder for the player to dodge.

Any thoughts?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 12:31:50 PM by KevinTillman » Logged

KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2016, 09:41:51 PM »

A little bit more work in progress for the kamikaze explosion enemy known as Grimchen.

I gave him a spawn animation and made his walk and reaction time to attack a little faster. His explosions if close enough to you takes away at least 1/3 life.

A few more tweaks to his walk animation which I am seeing and he should be finalized.

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2016, 12:23:43 AM »

This game confuses, and arouses, me  Hand Joystick

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2016, 02:53:58 AM »

Exploding creatures! Can't go wrong there for horror :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2016, 06:09:12 PM »

This game confuses, and arouses, me  Hand Joystick

haha Armorman well I am glad it arouses you. I get aroused too seeing these monsters eat lead  Evil

I think I can understand your confusion a little bit, maybe lack of story details that I have not explained yet? I would love to know what aspects of the game confuses you in hopes of it aiding me in the development of the game.

Thanks Armorman!

Exploding creatures! Can't go wrong there for horror :D

Lol yes he was inspired by a exploding creature I saw from the Dead Space series.

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2016, 08:31:45 PM »

I am  confused because it seems like you have made very specific design choices that do not add to the atmosphere you are trying to go for !

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic