Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:22:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[CLOSED] Need Steam trading card assets
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Need Steam trading card assets  (Read 1064 times)
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2016, 03:01:01 PM »

Looking for someone to make Steam trading card assets for a game for me. Problem is, I don't have a lot of money (this will be a net-loss project for me, but people are asking for them so I want to do this...) I've got $50 CANADIAN for the whole project. None of the assets can be scaled up pixel art (Valve's rule, not mine.) What that includes is:

5 trading cards - they are 1920x1080 and need to have a 206x184 (scaled down is OK) region for the zoomed out portion.

5 backgrounds - 1920 by at least 600 or so with a black background. If you're clever, you can use the characters from the cards on a black background for these

6 badges - 80x80 same concept for each badge, but each one is an upgrade of the last -- the last one has to be ultra special.

A few emoticons are needed too but I can do those. I know exactly what I want the cards to be -- each one will be a character from the game, you'll need to create a background for them (they could all use the same background.) The 5 desktop backgrounds can each use the same character from the cards on a black background (I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for the artist.) And I have an idea what I want the badge to be, but you'll have to stylize each upgrade -- the last one has to be significantly more special than the others (Valve's rules.)

My offer is low but I'd rather not do this at all if the assets are going to be BAD. I don't expect the best on Steam, but they have to say "Oh that's cute" and not "Eh that looks bad/lazy".

Here's a link to the game: http://nooskewl.ca/crystal-picnic

I will not pay up front or half way. Every time I offer to do so, someone either does nothing and keeps the money or does the easy stuff and takes half. I'm good for the money though, I've paid countless people before and NEVER have nor ever would rip anyone off in any way shape or form. This is my company website: http://nooskewl.ca I've been doing this for a long time now.

If anyone's crazy enough to do this job, please get in touch. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:52:01 AM by goobliata » Logged
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 03:32:50 PM »

I would also consider a time-limited profit sharing arrangement in addition to the $50 CAD, e.g., 10% of Steam sales for a year.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 04:18:44 PM »

10% of Steam sales for a year.
Huh??

are you sure?
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 04:21:26 PM »

Yes, and the reason for that is the game has been on Steam for a while and is not making much money. 10% for a year could be $100, so if the artist is good it would be worth it. If 10% is more than $100 then colour me surprised, and lucky you...
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 04:29:17 PM »

i might be wrong but i doubt steamcards collectors are interested by the artwork as it's usually just for leveling up your steam level. You could put mspaint art and people would still get it just for the badges.
(people asking you for steamcards are people who want to sell cards, you'd get the + money from the badges)
You'd just need to focus on the badge esthetic.

Unless you'd seek for Manga/Anime aesthetic, 10% seems like a desperate move .
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 04:32:32 PM »

Call me weird, but I care about my games despite if they are making me money or not. I'd be willing to pay for good artwork in this case, just out of love of my job... it's pathetic I know, but I've lost more money than I've ever made on games... hopefully it turns around next time but I'll continue to try and do a good job regardless.
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 12:08:25 AM »

Don't call it pathetic Smiley As long as you can afford to do so, it's pretty neat.

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 03:01:03 PM »

Thanks man.
Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 07:39:52 AM »

Could you take art that's already in your game and resize it somehow? I hear that's what people often do! Might be worth a try.

goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 07:53:15 AM »

I have found someone to work on the cards.

The issue with using art from the game was that all the game art is in low res pixel art. For another game I tried to use the game art in cards and Valve rejected them because the art was too low res.
Vilanat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »

bit late, but i took the time to try and upscale one of your characters.

Was this what you had in mind?
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 02:28:24 PM »

Nice! Looks great. I haven't heard back from the guy who is supposed to be doing the cards (waiting to find out an approximate timeline actually...)... so can I contact you if that falls through?
Vilanat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 09:45:22 AM »

Yeah, sure, contact me by PM if your other artists doesn't show up
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic