Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:28:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWhite Lie - An emotional adventure game
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: White Lie - An emotional adventure game  (Read 10088 times)
gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2016, 07:59:10 PM »

Hello TIG community! (Website/Twitter/Facebook/Newsletter)

Welcome to the White Lie Devlog. We recently discovered and joined TIGSource and we're very excited to start sharing and hearing some feedback. We started developing this game a few months ago and we are still working on it.

White Lie is the heartwarming journey of Greg, a plush rabbit toy in search of his missing owner in a surreal and desolate world. Overcome the challenges from your past with Emma, and uncover the truth behind everything that is happening.

Who are we?
We are Ambize Studio,A game studio developing games with high artistic value, aiming to be recognized in the indie ecosystem for it's original creations and innovative art styles. . White Lie is our first game and we are learning and improving as development goes. That is why we need feedback and support. And we will keep updating things as the game development progress so you can help us.

People working on the project:

Gabriel Carioca - Business Developer/Producer
Cynthia Liz - Art Director and Artist
Patrícia Miyazima - Animator
Caio Piologo - Gameplay Programmer

People who helped on some stage of the project:

Gabriela Shima
Matheus Zaggo
Augusto Garcia - VFX Programmer

You can also look for news and updates in our website: http://www.ambize.com/
Twitter: @AmbizeStudio
Facebook: AmbizeStudio
Also submit to our Newsletter

See you next time \o/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:21:49 AM by gabrielcarioca » Logged

White Lie - Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | Website
Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 09:50:29 PM »

Actually looks quite nice and the idea has a lot of potential for doing something unique and creative.

{VeTeR}
Level 0

The Dark Matter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 05:27:50 AM »

I like the color pallete and the noir/unsure setting here - works perfect as a nightmare.

Very nice visualisation of entering into dialogues - it feels unsafe. It is effect you want, right?

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 07:42:33 AM »

whimsically beautiful , followin this
bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 08:24:30 AM »

Man, that story is super depressing. You indies are really trying to hit on my existential dread more and more these last few years. Wink

Do you have any of the puzzle dynamics worked out?

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 06:08:58 PM »

Do you have any of the puzzle dynamics worked out?

We actually have two puzzles worked out. The first one consist of three circles that you need to rotate and align. Every time you rotate one, the others adjacent to it rotate in the opposite way. Currently the art is an apple but we are changing it to look more like a clock, it will still be an apple, but the inside will be a clock, like a surrealistic dream.

The second puzzle we have is in the village of the fairies. While exploring the scene you discover some pieces that will be used to open a door. After this door you will find a stair leading to the top of the trees, the next place you go after this village. I will talk more about this village in a near future. This puzzle is about fitting all the pieces.

See you next time!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:41:45 AM by gabrielcarioca » Logged

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 09:12:36 AM »

Once upon a time, there was magic creatures living in the forest. They had the ability to imbue life into objects. From some fallen tree branches little creatures were created. The fairies needed to protected a special place with important memories, but since they couldn't do that alone, a whole village was created near this place. The little creatures and the fairies lived in harmony, protecting what was so important to them.

But when Greg’s memories started being erased this creatures burned to ashes. Some still remain alive and hidden, since what is happening seems to can’t reach everyone in the world.

Playing as Greg you will need to search in the village for a way to enter the place with important memories. You will need to find the hidden creatures and get help.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:56:04 AM by gabrielcarioca » Logged

andyfromiowa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 09:28:39 AM »

Looks beautiful.  Coffee

jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 01:01:43 PM »

This game looks beautiful! Love the painterly look and the concept overall.

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 02:15:31 PM »

Lotta splendor in here, really looking forward to your progress : )

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 04:59:39 PM »

Interactions in game

Hi!

Today I would like to show some interactions we are implementing in the game. Our game is a point and click and we need some interactions to show feedback and give some options of actions. We need to say something to the player and the player need to say what he want to do in the game, how he want to interact with objects and characters.

What we have iterated so far is a menu that pops up in the center of the screen with the relevant information or with options.

Above is the example where you interact with some object and the game shows some feedback. In this case it’s used to describe the object. This was an important object in the past, Emma used to watch TV with you and it’s one of the most vivid memories you have of her. We want to use this feedback so when the player interacts with the object the game shows that this is an important object and describe something to complement the narrative.

Above you have two options of actions. You can choose what you want to do and the game will respond accordingly.

We tried to use something more iconographic but we couldn’t find something to fit the aesthetics and atmosphere of the game (Dropsy did that flawlessly). We tried something like The Book of Unwritten Tales but we don’t have enough screen space for that, so that is what we are using so far.

What we want to do now is write the name of the object of the interaction. When there is an object next to another, specially in mobile, you can be confused about with one was selected, like in the image above, so we will try to write the name of the object in the top of this menu, or we will write the name in one of the options, like in the previous example.

If you have some feedback, idea or some example from a video game you liked please share with us, we would be really grateful.

Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 04:00:34 AM »

The hand drawn style graphics looks simply beautiful, but my dirty mind can't get over the fact that that chimney resembles something stiff. Oh well... Shrug
gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 03:42:51 PM »

The hand drawn style graphics looks simply beautiful, but my dirty mind can't get over the fact that that chimney resembles something stiff. Oh well... Shrug

Thank you for apreciating the art style. And oh well... Shrug

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 03:47:23 PM »

I like the color pallete and the noir/unsure setting here - works perfect as a nightmare.

Very nice visualisation of entering into dialogues - it feels unsafe. It is effect you want, right?

Actually we never thought about it as something to make the player feel unsafe, we thought about it looking more like a children's book of fairy tale, visually speaking. But I can agree with you, it makes you feel unsafe and that could be a good feeling in the athmosphere of the game.

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 12:29:18 PM »

Hello nice people!

Hi!

Today I would like to share one interaction in Emma’s room we are implementing. It’s her toy’s chest, where you can interact with some objects and get the locket for a future use.

Below is the chest.

Below is the locket.

For today that is what I have to show.

Please if you have some feedback we would love to hear it!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:42:26 AM by gabrielcarioca » Logged

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 11:08:44 AM »

Ohh, we were repainting one of our first level and when found some old concepts, from the beginning of the project.

We even thought about using watercolor, but we decided to change and the final image is the closest to what we are using today in color palette.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:42:58 AM by gabrielcarioca » Logged

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 08:32:46 AM »

We were submitting our game to an acceleration program when we have to made a video to show them our game. So i will share it with you guys too. We are still improving a lot in this first act of the story (the video don't cover it all) so this is not the final version of what this video should be, when we have it finalized i'll share it again.

If you have and suggestion, question or feedback feel free to ask, we love to meet new people passionate by games like us Smiley

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:43:32 AM by gabrielcarioca » Logged

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 05:46:27 PM »

Just dropping a concept of a new scene we are working on. It will be the first time Greg sees The Tower.
PS: It will not be green.

If you have something to say I would be glad to hear, anything Smiley
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:44:04 AM by gabrielcarioca » Logged

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 12:17:00 PM »

I've checked this out but guess I've never commented - really like the atmosphere and story you've got. The art fits really well. Loving this!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 12:23:41 PM »

I've checked this out but guess I've never commented - really like the atmosphere and story you've got. The art fits really well. Loving this!

Thanks, really glad you liked it Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic