Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:41:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWhite Lie - An emotional adventure game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: White Lie - An emotional adventure game  (Read 10119 times)
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2017, 01:10:57 PM »

Cool to see this project here. I talked to you during GameMixer! Smiley

I tried to break the game but couldn't. The one feedback I remember giving was making walking more interesting/eventful (less waiting), did you try that?

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2017, 10:01:01 AM »

Hey Lucas, how are you?

We are trying a lot of different things with the game, including the walking part. When we have a new version I'll send it to you so you can see the direction the game is going Smiley

White Lie - Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | Website
gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »

So, we were a little absent the last months because some problems happened on the way. Some people left the team and we had to find new members to work with us. We didn't stop developing the game, but things were a little slow the past months.

So, lets present our new Art Director, Cynthia Liz:

She is a super cool girl, graduated in visual arts and she loves to craft things for fun. She is looking for a way to tell stories with her work and she joined us because she believes she can achieve that with White Lie. Her portfolio is linked above, give her some support Smiley

Game Updates

So this post isn't too long, I've decided to split it in some other posts that I'll write on the next days. On the first one, I would like to show you one of the scenes we are working on right now. This is the garden where Emma's swing set used to be

Playing with the swing set (and wind effect on the tree)

Stone path

Technical Difficulties

The current technical difficulty we are facing is related to the camera. We are having a little bit of trouble to make it move and scale at the same time.

It's still doing some random movement at the end

----------------------------------------------

Well, that is it for today. We would love to hear your opinion, feedback or any tip you can give to help us!. See ya!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:49:24 PM by gabrielcarioca » Logged

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2017, 06:24:55 PM »

Emma's bedroom

Today I would like to share the rework we've been doing on Emma's bedroom, changing the colors and adding some elements to make it a better scene than it was before. It's not that big of a change, but for us it feels like a improvement and we like the new way the game is going.

And the shorter version of the scene (the bed half)

And a new interaction we are creating for the scene, clean up the window and see the garden

We are still refining those parts to get a feel of how they work and what we should do with them.

----------------------------------------------

And that is the quick update for today!

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2017, 06:34:22 PM »

Hello!

It's been a while since we last posted here because we are working on a demo to take to Brasil Game Show, an event we'll be participating on October. But I would like to write this post to introduce the new animator on our team, PatrĂ­cia Miyazima. She will be the one working to bring life to the world of our game, creating animations for our characters and scenery, deciding how all the animations should be done and look like. We are very happy to have her with us and she will help a lot to make this game the best it can be!

Here are some examples of animations we are trying and creating for Greg:

And that is it for today! Soon we will have more content of our demo to share with you and we are very excited about that Smiley

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »

We've just released our reveal teaser! We are so proud by being able to share this with all of you! What do you think about it? We would love to hear your thoughts on that, so we can improve the game during the development.

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2017, 01:25:30 PM »

So, in the past few months, we've been trying to put together one of White Lie mechanics: while exploring the world in search of your owner whereabouts, you will find some mementos of the time you two lived together. Interacting with these mementos will get you to live the memory kept inside of it again, knowing what you felt the experience you lived with your best friend, through the lens of a plush toy.

The first memory we are creating is from a time Emma read a book to Greg. She was not satisfied with the book's ending and decided to play and change its ending. Below are some images of what we are creating around this theme and how the game will look during this particular story.

A lot of the game will revolve around these memories, so our next step is create some experiences and try to pass a feeling to the player through their stories. We are trying to create ways to tell our character stories, so the player will feel connected and immersed on the plush rabbit loneliness.

See you next time!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic