Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58434 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 12:50:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesLudum Dare 14 - April 17th-19th
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Ludum Dare 14 - April 17th-19th  (Read 15365 times)
Notch
Level 2

Trying to forget 320x200 in favor of 320x240.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2009, 01:19:01 AM »

Woo, my game finished fourth overall, second on theme (sooo close!) and third in graphics. =D

I need to spend more time on sound next time.
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »

My game did pretty shitty overall, but with decent ratings in theme and humor. This is to be expected as I really kind of rushed it out and didn't do a very good job. Now that I know I can, though, I will do something much nicer for the next LD  Smiley

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »

I did a bit better than I expected haha.  Good work everyone!

siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2009, 01:05:57 PM »

I won the most disturbing code award! I knew it was a good thing to comment in the way that I did.
Strong
Level 1

Umm... okay.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2009, 03:30:20 PM »

i basically didn't get anything. which is okay- my game was really bad, and almost intentionally so. it's what you get for working in powerpoint.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2009, 10:54:48 PM »

I only got fifth for my timelapse. Yay. But at least Heart got a nod in GameSetWatch...

Man, voting was freaking hard work. I managed to at least try to rate about half of the entries (of which a handful I couldn't run).

So, congrats to the winners! MindWall was my favorite.

Super-Dot
Level 1

hup hup

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »

3.40 in Innovation and 3.33 in theme! \o/

Those were pretty much the only ones I cared about, so that's awesome. (I did horribly in everything else.)

Kelsey Higham, student at SJSU
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2009, 04:11:20 AM »

3.89 in theme (Grin), 3.08 in humor (Smiley), and below 3 in everything else (mostly-expected  Shrug).

My quick, shoddy graphics really worked against the game, both in making it difficult to care about the player character, and in making the point of contact between the player's foot and the ball (which determines most of the ball's direction, along with a minor random factor to keep the player moving) so not obvious as to give most players the impression that the angle was completely random.

About half of the voters didn't seem to get that I used a score attack gameplay in order to subvert it at the end. Comments about how a game about futility lacks a winning condition or made them want to know their score made me cry inside. Thinking of rejiggering the timing slightly for a post-compo release.

Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2009, 03:39:31 AM »

a game about futility
Shit, really? I didn't get even a whiff of that.
dessgeega
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2009, 04:10:32 AM »

i basically didn't get anything. which is okay- my game was really bad, and almost intentionally so. it's what you get for working in powerpoint.

and for being too lazy to make a stand-alone version for people who don't have powerpoint.
Strong
Level 1

Umm... okay.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2009, 01:39:25 PM »

and for being too lazy to make a stand-alone version for people who don't have powerpoint.
I tried a lot of methods, but in order to do it with my version of powerpoint I either had to go through the most complicated process I've ever seen or pay money, and I couldn't really do either.
Fuzz
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2009, 05:56:47 PM »

I tried a lot of methods, but in order to do it with my version of powerpoint I either had to go through the most complicated process I've ever seen or pay money, and I couldn't really do either.
Didn't you try my method? I could have just done it for you if you wanted me to.
increpare
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »

this wasn't for the big ld, but for the little one that's on now.  not really worth its own feedback thread, so

TICKR

towlr-genre

download:

Windows
OSX 10.5+ (Intel)
Source

controls: mouse
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2009, 11:23:23 AM »

I... vun? Concerned

I never get these towlr things.
mirosurabu
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2009, 02:44:06 AM »

On a slightly related note,

I know Towlr is a game made for one of the previous LD competitions (?) but I never understood its popularity? What's the catch?
increpare
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2009, 10:41:28 AM »

I... vun? Concerned

I never get these towlr things.
oh, drat; I didn't realize that what you were describing was, in fact, a (major) bug.  It took someone else to report their experiences in more factual terms.  It's...fixed now.  Apologies if this experience has negatively affected your opinion of towlr (tickr is not strictly speaking towlr anyway, fwiw).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic