Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412083 Posts in 69448 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: holdemech

June 26, 2024, 09:25:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSanTD - [TD + Roguelike] - from a Chinese indie team
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SanTD - [TD + Roguelike] - from a Chinese indie team  (Read 1111 times)
zephyr1125
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2016, 12:34:27 AM »

Hi everyone! Welcome to the SanTD devlog! I’m a Chinese game designer living in Beijing. So first of all, I have to apologize for my poor English. Please correct me if there’s some misunderstanding in this and future posts.

I have worked in game industry for 10 years. For this long time, I have always kept the little thought of create a good indie game. So here we are. We are a little team of three guys. I hope someday this game will be a prove of Chinese indie developers can make really good games.

Story

The story is about an ancient China era, which was called Three Kingdoms Period(220 AD - 280 AD). I am wondering if you guys have heard of it ? The three kingdoms are called Wei, Shu and Wu. They all want to claim the throne of China. Maybe you can consider it as a Chinese version of Game of Thrones, LOL.

We want players feel the very hard to live in that era. Players will be facing many difficult moral decisions.

Gameplay

SanTD is a Tower defence plus Roguelike, inspired by FTL.

• Very hard to survive in the attack every night.
  • Choices of path to travel.
  • New characters to unlock.

Art

Pixel art of course. After try and try, we found a traditional Chines painting style in it. Do you like it ? Please tell me! We will continually adjust it base on your feed back.

These are the most famous characters in The Three Kingdoms, They are Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei.

A test of bleed when hitted.

A test of 2D light and shadow. No walk animation yet. Shrug

Roadmap

What we are doing now:

• Me: writing devlog!
  • Programmer: Trying some 2D light and shadow effect.
  • Art: Early style study.

So you see, we have just start it.
Later I will post a road map here. Our first goal is a demo of the core battle gameplay.

Contact Us

Of course I will keep updating this post. And please talk to me on Twitter:
@zephyr1125
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:05:11 AM by zephyr1125 » Logged
thekosmonaut
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 01:22:18 AM »

I like the art style, I looked at the images and thought the characters looked very honourable and like good warriors!
Keep it up!

zephyr1125
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 01:28:59 AM »

Thank you! It's a very big encouragement for us! Smiley

I like the art style, I looked at the images and thought the characters looked very honourable and like good warriors!
Keep it up!
zephyr1125
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 01:52:23 AM »

First update! So what did we do these two days?
The artist has tried several types of watch tower.

Wait, watch tower? why all have fire on them? Actually it's part of our gameplay mechanic. All the battles in our game are in night, so every unit have a "vision field" parameter. If an enemy is hidden in darkness, no matter how long your tower's range is, it can not attack him. So you need to building some watch towers to light around to extend the vision field.

And the coder solved a important problem!
You maybe has noticed in the gif of 2d shadow we uploaded before, the character have a ghosting problem.

See, the ghosting problem.

After two days researching, the coder guy have finally solved it ! Thanks to @kashou of indiegamedevs.slack.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic