Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:21:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Late Backing Now Open] Hazelnut Bastille: A Lush SNES-era Zelda-like ARPG
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: [Late Backing Now Open] Hazelnut Bastille: A Lush SNES-era Zelda-like ARPG  (Read 96837 times)
KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2016, 05:14:47 PM »

This is my first time seeing this project today, everything about the game looks great.

Anton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2016, 02:06:21 AM »

this project looks greate I can't wait to try it =)
more zelaithing please !

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2016, 10:40:37 AM »

Part of the reason for the recent lull in media is that we have been busy working on boss prototyping, and a lot of this produces process material that isn't so great for presenting (you get to fight a box with smaller boxes that shoots boxes out of its box until you hit it in the box), but a few of the behavior pages are sort of neat.

This is an example behavior concept of a miniboss which is loosely designed around becoming easier as several items are obtained, but which can be beaten with only the sword:

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2016, 08:35:42 PM »

A small collection of art concepts of some of our Boss and Miniboss ideas.

Keep in mind that we are still prototyping the boss fights, so they are highly subject to change and revision.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:31:06 PM by Aloft » Logged

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »

Added in some of the variants to the list today:

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2016, 03:47:23 AM »

Give us your criticism of our Character Portraits!

Ok guys, did some rough work on character portraits for a handful of our major characters; these are a bit rough at the moment, and will get another, cleaner pass soon, but the convey enough infromation to share and get feedback on!

These will soon be used as precursors for our NPC dialogue portraits in pixel-art form.

We provided some background and features for each of these folks as well, to give you an idea of what our reasoning behind the appearances was.

All of our game characters have pretty involved backstories; these stories may or may not be fully explored over the course of the game's dialogue and events, but we believe that in order to write engaging dialogue, it helps to know exactly who the speakers are- what their background is, what their motivations might be, how they approach life, etc.

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2016, 12:57:20 AM »

Testing out portrait framing in game:

Nordanvinden
Level 2

Indie game developer from Stockholm Sweden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2016, 08:00:48 AM »

This game gives me good vibes. I like the art style and it reminds me of those good old times. Like you are actually out on an adventure Smiley keep it up!

Kouban
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »

I think the portrait should be smaller, as it is it dominates the screen.
Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 04, 2016, 11:15:09 PM »

I think the portrait should be smaller, as it is it dominates the screen.

Would you all say you like this smaller portrait, vs the larger one I just showed earlier?

Kouban
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2016, 08:36:57 PM »

The new screencap definitely looks better to me Smiley
Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 10, 2016, 03:14:57 PM »

Some more ruin tileset assets from a bit earlier:

sbeast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: December 10, 2016, 03:28:42 PM »

The game looks pretty cool so far, gonna be tracking this one.

Sbeast - Composer / Cover Artist / Guitarist
http://luxbellator.com/portfolio
grayhaze
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2016, 03:46:29 AM »

The female portraits look good, although Heroine and Leslie having an identical face is a bit distracting. Wade and Izzy could do with some work, as they don't really have the same level of polish that the females do. Wade's face looks a little odd, almost like it's someone wearing a mask, and his hat doesn't really sit on his head properly. Izzy's body appears to be turned in the opposite direction to his head, which could possibly be fixed by simply flipping his body horizontally. There's also a strange disconnect between his head and neck, which almost looks like his head has been pasted onto a portrait of someone facing directly at the viewer. Both Wade and Izzy's facial flesh tones also don't match their necks, reinforcing the impression of their faces not having been drawn together with their bodies.

I hope you don't take any offense at this honest criticism, as I absolutely love the gorgeous pixel art and the overall visual style that you've got going on.

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2016, 04:33:54 AM »

The female portraits look good, although Heroine and Leslie having an identical face is a bit distracting. Wade and Izzy could do with some work, as they don't really have the same level of polish that the females do. Wade's face looks a little odd, almost like it's someone wearing a mask, and his hat doesn't really sit on his head properly. Izzy's body appears to be turned in the opposite direction to his head, which could possibly be fixed by simply flipping his body horizontally. There's also a strange disconnect between his head and neck, which almost looks like his head has been pasted onto a portrait of someone facing directly at the viewer. Both Wade and Izzy's facial flesh tones also don't match their necks, reinforcing the impression of their faces not having been drawn together with their bodies.

I hope you don't take any offense at this honest criticism, as I absolutely love the gorgeous pixel art and the overall visual style that you've got going on.

No offense at all!

You're right in that with these portraits, the faces were done earlier, and then I looked at different references for the torso's. Now that I look, most of the torsos do tilt the same way as the face, but with Izzy it looks more like he is taking a static pose and tilting his head. I could add some more differentiation between Leslie and the Heroine. I copy-pasted a few elements there hehe.

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2016, 12:40:43 PM »

And in case a couple people haven't seen the links plastered everyplace, and every other place on top of that, our landing page is finally up, and is thirsty for subscriptions!

To the right of these arrows!>>>http://www.aloftstudios.net/hazelnutbastille  <<< To the left of these arrows!

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 14, 2016, 08:20:25 AM »

Check out this neat little article that sprang up on Siliconera:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/13/hazelnut-bastille-top-homage-link-past/

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2016, 08:45:33 PM »

Just passed 100 Subscribers! Thanks all!

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2016, 09:28:05 PM »

Here's one more! Your game looks great  Gomez

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2016, 06:22:54 PM »

Thanks! <3 <3 <3

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20