Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:35:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Late Backing Now Open] Hazelnut Bastille: A Lush SNES-era Zelda-like ARPG
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Print
Author Topic: [Late Backing Now Open] Hazelnut Bastille: A Lush SNES-era Zelda-like ARPG  (Read 96766 times)
Al_B
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: July 16, 2017, 06:15:26 PM »

You had me at "SNES-era Topdown JRPG Adventure".

One of my favorite games ever was Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past! I WILL Def be checking out your demo! I will be rooting for this to succeed.

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 17, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »

Changelog for Demo Build 4 (available from site later today):

- Fixed issue where a single frame of animation dropped input when changing between idle/walking
- Added the shield, left trigger, blocks projectiles when deployed, blocks enemy contact and knocks player back.
 fails to block enemy contact damage if the player is against a wall opposite for the direction of contact
- Added a clear settings option on the titlescreen - clears setting and input data - Restores key bindings to defaults.
- Reduced the damage to player collision area of the mini boss's main body.
- Fixed a bug where looped sound effects persisted when changing rooms.
- Adjusted Crab Boss invincability time.
- Adjusted key bindings in the options menu. If a key pressed was already bound, it will now swap them. Added to prevent 2 issues.
   1. A player would select the bind all keys option then proceed to press the same button for each input.
   2. A player would bind keyboard keys onto the 1st set of bindings (default set for controllers) which were
   already bound on the 2nd available set of bindings (defaulted to keyboard keys).
- Speed up crossbow bolts.
- Adjusted attack animations; the thrust is a bit faster, and the player can attack again before the entire animation completes
- When opening the map the cursor will be placed the the player's location in the currernt room.
- Sound and Music volumes can now be turned off by settings volumes to 0.
- Sounds for some particular assets were changed / intensified / amplified
- The block spawner now works a bit differently; it is now grid-aligned (instead of half-grid), and will wait to fully place a block if a player is within the placement collision; this fixes difficulty people had when placing the block half-grid units off from where they needed to for puzzles, while also avoiding the issues originally associated with full-grid placement

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 03, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »

New Demo Build Out Today

Sorry for the delay guys (some stuff with work intervened), but the new builds are up today!

The main new features are the new shield mechanic, some bug fixes and art tweaks, a new system for using the spawned block, and a continued look at the 8way movement scheme (toggleable in the menu):

https://www.aloftstudio.com/hazelnutbastille

Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: August 03, 2017, 06:24:31 PM »

Been following you guys forever on Twitter, and forgot you had a topic here. Anywho, tag! I'll check out the demo later on tomorrow.

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 07, 2017, 07:01:53 AM »

A look at one concept for logic gate puzzle elements:

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 24, 2017, 08:05:34 AM »

Spent way too long on a portrait of our heroine, hehe:

Pixel.ABCD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2017, 12:20:36 PM »

Just lovely game, reminds me Alunda. The OST is so great and I am definitely watching this on twitter for some time now  Who, Me?. Nice to see your progress here as well.
mveed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 24, 2017, 12:37:18 PM »

This looks great!  Definitely need to try out the demo.

Also really like your guys site, the aesthetic was made me smile!

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2018, 11:51:04 AM »

Haven't really posted in a while, due to doing mainly video clips now that I don't really have a way to post here...

Here is a color study we did today though:

Danton
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2018, 01:32:18 PM »

God damn guys, this looks beauty!

Love the pixel art and overall attention to detail. Going to give the demo a go, anything specific you're looking for feedback on?

Unto The End - Wishlist on Steam
Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2018, 02:03:10 PM »

God damn guys, this looks beauty!

Love the pixel art and overall attention to detail. Going to give the demo a go, anything specific you're looking for feedback on?

Hmmm- that last version of the demo is from some months back, but in general, the rough feel of combat and interacting with enemies if the biggest thing we are working to get right atm

chrisDeneos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: February 07, 2018, 10:08:04 AM »

Your game looks great, on point with what made SNES game legendary. Keep up the good work Smiley

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 03, 2018, 03:38:52 PM »

Aloft Welcomes Celebrity Guest Composer Hiroki Kikuta!

Hiroki Kikuta is best known for his work on the Secret of Mana OST:

He is an acclaimed Japanese video game composer, best known for his work at Square, which he joined in 1991. He was the lead composer for Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Sōkaigi,  and later Koudelka, for which he also acted as producer and concept designer at his own company, Sacnoth.

His work for Secret of Mana was incredibly influential in helping to shape the later music of the SNES era, and his techniques echo in Square's later titles as well.

He has graciously joined us as a celebrity guest composer, to contribute a handful of tracks which serve as the game's musical backbone.

Kikuta-San's Public statement reads:

“Hazelnut Bastille is a wonderful looking retro-style game! I’m looking forward to being a part of it and hope we can create music that lives up to the rest of the game and everyone’s expectations!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can read more about this story in our Nintendolife Interview, at:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/03/feature_snes-style_rpg_hazelnut_bastille_coming_to_switch_with_secret_of_mana_composer_in_tow

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:48:42 PM by Aloft » Logged

qMopey
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: April 03, 2018, 07:07:20 PM »

Holy what.  That's INCREDIBLE  Screamy Screamy Screamy
Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 04, 2018, 08:41:07 PM »

Thanks a lot! We were super pumped for that one!

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: April 06, 2018, 01:03:23 PM »

Some of our recent content, but from the perspective of the editor, so you can see the full rooms at once!

IndieGameFiend
Level 0

IndieGameFiend.Net

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 07, 2018, 04:37:55 AM »

I can't wait to play this. The pixel art is beautiful.  Smiley

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 07, 2018, 11:04:58 AM »

Here's a new one showing off some battle scenes!

Sersh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: April 07, 2018, 01:38:49 PM »

I really like the color palette improvements you did recently!

Monster Sanctuary | DevlogTwitterFacebook
Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 01, 2018, 03:01:22 PM »

New Teaser Trailer Today!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic