Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:02:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallZombiez Kickstarter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Zombiez Kickstarter  (Read 555 times)
GSquadron
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2016, 06:53:21 AM »

Funded
Thank you so much to the backer who payed fully! This is amazing opportunity and we will deliver! :D

Hello!
We are a team of two guys as of now, one programmer and one artist.
We are working on a game called Zombiez.
The game is a top-down shooter and you will have to kill zombies to make your way through each level.

It will feature 5 weapons, 10 kinds of zombies and also the boss zombie.
You also will need to get vials spread around the map to save your friends.

We would like to participate on Steam Greenlight and all we ask is $110 to get part of greenlight.
Of course there will be stretch goals! But this is all for now!

Check our kickstarter campaign and the backers will get the game cheaper then release! (early birds are cheaper)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296198846/zombiez-0

Online demo: https://www.anothergames.com/games/html5/Zombiez/index/

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:38:42 AM by GSquadron » Logged
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 10:28:25 AM »

Hi, it looks like your Kickstarter video is just a gameplay trailer - lacking the Kickstarter recommended guidelines for explaining your background, game concept, why you need the money, whats in it for the backers etc.

You're also asking for only $110... what exactly is this $110 for?

It's a ridiculously low number for a paid videogame, as that $110 will get you an hour or a few of a top-quality professional's time. But it's not clear to me that your game is 99% done and just missing one last asset or one gameplay balance pass or what have you.

--this is my first impression from just the video. Reading the kickstarter description it looks like the game is "mostly done" and you need to put it on Steam. I'm still not sure what the $110 is for though - does Steam charge a membership fee like Apple Computer does for their MyPhones?

Designing the human zombie is a great reward concept but the gameplay doesn't do anything to highlight unique zombie appearances. I can see blonde haired zombies and brown haired zombies. No faces and the limited field of vision makes it even harder to tell what's going on.

Is your game bringing anything new to the top-down shooter genre? If so you this isn't apparent in your video (run backwards, hold down fire).

Every time you buy a new weapon it can be selected either with the numbers on your keyboard or by scrolling the middle mouse button. By killing zombies you get experience and you level up.

Every time you level up you become stronger, but also on each 5 levels new zombies start spawning and they are stronger than the ones before. Also on every 10 levels there will be a boss which will have quite a lot of health.

This tells me just about nothing really. People don't care about your detailed controls or boss frequency. They want to know why your game is awesome. If it's the boss, then show us the cool boss!

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 10:55:46 AM »

https://indiewatch.net/2016/06/15/i-want-to-push-a-crappy-game-through-steam-greenlight-what-should-i-do/
GSquadron
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 01:33:11 PM »

Hi, it looks like your Kickstarter video is just a gameplay trailer - lacking the Kickstarter recommended guidelines for explaining your background, game concept, why you need the money, whats in it for the backers etc.

You're also asking for only $110... what exactly is this $110 for?

It's a ridiculously low number for a paid videogame, as that $110 will get you an hour or a few of a top-quality professional's time. But it's not clear to me that your game is 99% done and just missing one last asset or one gameplay balance pass or what have you.

--this is my first impression from just the video. Reading the kickstarter description it looks like the game is "mostly done" and you need to put it on Steam. I'm still not sure what the $110 is for though - does Steam charge a membership fee like Apple Computer does for their MyPhones?

Designing the human zombie is a great reward concept but the gameplay doesn't do anything to highlight unique zombie appearances. I can see blonde haired zombies and brown haired zombies. No faces and the limited field of vision makes it even harder to tell what's going on.

Is your game bringing anything new to the top-down shooter genre? If so you this isn't apparent in your video (run backwards, hold down fire).

Every time you buy a new weapon it can be selected either with the numbers on your keyboard or by scrolling the middle mouse button. By killing zombies you get experience and you level up.

Every time you level up you become stronger, but also on each 5 levels new zombies start spawning and they are stronger than the ones before. Also on every 10 levels there will be a boss which will have quite a lot of health.

This tells me just about nothing really. People don't care about your detailed controls or boss frequency. They want to know why your game is awesome. If it's the boss, then show us the cool boss!

Thank you for your reply!
The $110 is only to get on Steam + pay kickstarter fees.
You get a cheap copy of the game if you back it. This is the main benefit.
The boss zombie is not 100% complete, this is why we didn't include him in the video gameplay.
I will update the campaign with images.
We also are a team of two. We do not need any artist or programmer.
We already are using our skills to make it come true. All design is made by the artist.

Thanks for the link, unfortunately this is not a crap game. If we fail, we make a better game next time and better campaign.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:42:56 PM by GSquadron » Logged
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 01:45:19 PM »

Thank you for your reply!
The $110 is only to get on Steam + pay kickstarter fees.
You get a cheap copy of the game if you back it. This is the main benefit.
The boss zombie is not 100% complete, this is why we didn't include him in the video gameplay.
I will update the campaign with images.
We also are a team of two. We do not need any artist or programmer.
We already are using our skills to make it come true. All design is made by the artist.

Crappy game? Are you serious man. Nothing is crappy about this game.
[/quote]

Ok.. you need to make that bit about the $110 clear in your Kickstarter..

You should compare your game's kickstarter video to other kickstarter videos for games, as well as peruse the Devlog section of Tigsource to compare game quality.

And read this https://www.kickstarter.com/help/handbook/your_story

GSquadron
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 03:05:21 PM »

Ok, thanks! Smiley
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 03:26:14 PM »

this game is crappy for a steam release level.
The first time i noticed this game, i had to check if it wasn't something i saw in a game maker (or fusion) tutorial. There's nothing outstanding in your game, even for low indie level.
You've been making games for newgrounds or flash standards. which makes sense.

If you ever manage to get that 100$ for greenlight, your game will be violently trashed, and it will start by the title of your game. And i bet that you'll rely on grenlight bundle groupee at some point or some shady vote boosters.
The game will cost like what? 50 cents to 3 dollars, and rely on steam card money? it's going to be present in indiegalas cheap bundles?
I'm just being honest with you, this is the kind of thing people shouldn't encourage at all.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:31:23 PM by b∀ kkusa » Logged
GSquadron
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »

this game is crappy for a steam release level.
The first time i noticed this game, i had to check if it wasn't something i saw in a game maker (or fusion) tutorial. There's nothing outstanding in your game, even for low indie level.
You've been making games for newgrounds or flash standards. which makes sense.

If you ever manage to get that 100$ for greenlight, your game will be violently trashed, and it will start by the title of your game. And i bet that you'll rely on grenlight bundle groupee at some point or some shady vote boosters.

I'm just being honest with you. This doesn't look like a good game.

I understand your point man. Your point is your own point of view. There are people who like this kind of game and would be happy to give it a try. Depends on your personal choice. I can tell you other titles which I terribly disliked, yet made thousands of dollars. It is really just a point of view. The game is well worth the money for a $5 game, which is even lower than entry level top down shooters on Steam.

On newgrounds for example, there were people who voted 5 for the demo, there were people who voted 1 for the demo.

Still, I will keep on making better games. This is just a worthy shot for me, to entertain people who like this game.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 03:40:45 PM »

well the people who liked your game are greedy since your kickstarter is still at 0.

GSquadron
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 03:47:03 PM »

well the people who liked your game are greedy since your kickstarter is still at 0.

LoL doesn't really mean anything. I only posted on here and on newgrounds forums.
It can be zero forever. Might be bad campaign and we learn from it.
Might be good campaign and someone backs the last perk at last minute. We still don't know.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 05:13:31 PM »

LoL doesn't really mean anything. I only posted on here and on newgrounds forums.
Might be good campaign and someone backs the last perk at last minute. We still don't know.

I agree 100% with bakkusa here. The game just does not look interesting - what I was trying to say politely by pointing you to other Steam games and the Tigsource Devlog. It looks like a badly drawn rehash of top-down shooter mechanics.

Seriously, go look at the Steam Greenlight section to see what levels of polish and innovation you're competing with.

GSquadron
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 05:42:53 PM »

I agree 100% with bakkusa here. The game just does not look interesting - what I was trying to say politely by pointing you to other Steam games and the Tigsource Devlog. It looks like a badly drawn rehash of top-down shooter mechanics.

Seriously, go look at the Steam Greenlight section to see what levels of polish and innovation you're competing with.

I understand your politeness. I also know there are 'OH MY' level of graphics on Kickstarter projects. However, the sum they require and the cost of the game is higher. For now we just try this low. Later we try for more.
And your comments really help alot, thanks! Smiley
Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 07:48:51 AM »

...there's also the idea that less quality games on steam bump good quality games off the front page. This is a recurrent problem/plague on steam, where a dev will spend years working on a game and end up getting bumped off the front page by a flood of games made over the weekend/asset flips. So I guess I agree with the other two to make sure your game is on a competitive level with what's on there, if only out of respect for other devs.

roachyogi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 11:02:00 PM »

Hey, go for it. It's not a game that seems to really stands out, but what the hell. You need to figure this stuff out and there's no better way than getting out there, making a game and releasing it.

You'll learn.

I applaud you for your perseverance!
GSquadron
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 12:20:15 PM »

Hey, go for it. It's not a game that seems to really stands out, but what the hell. You need to figure this stuff out and there's no better way than getting out there, making a game and releasing it.

You'll learn.

I applaud you for your perseverance!

Thank you so much for your kind words roachyogi! In fact this is exactly what my plan was, to try and learn from the experience, despite failing or succeeding. Thanks again! Smiley
GSquadron
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 07:35:30 AM »

A miracle happened, someone fully backed the whole project. xD
We will be forever grateful to the backer! :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic