Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:17:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAgatha Knife: A new Psychotic Adventure from Mango Protocol!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Agatha Knife: A new Psychotic Adventure from Mango Protocol!  (Read 13913 times)
pixelmeat
Level 0

@pixelmeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2017, 09:24:23 AM »

Agatha Knife is out!

Well, after a loooong time, Agatha Knife is on Steam for everyone to play. It's been an awesome adventure. Thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts on the devLog. We loved this experience so we'll sure be doing a new devLog for our next game, hopefully we'll be able to start it in an early production stage, so we can share a deeper experience of the process with you all.

You can visit Agatha Knife's Steam page anytime and even buy it if you like Wink
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 09:38:08 AM by pixelmeat » Logged

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2017, 11:20:17 AM »

i love your game !

Agatha Mother: "But your face has always been the same"
Agatha:"That isn't true either.  Sometimes i blink"
Tahutahu Studios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2017, 04:17:57 AM »

Congratulations!

Really good job!  Kiss
jgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2017, 05:48:45 AM »

Thank you so much, guys =)

As you may guess, feedback is really welcome so let us know what you think about the art style, puzzles, story, UI, etc. We'll be around!
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2017, 01:03:37 PM »

Hey, I'm doing market research on Steam games with Spanish support. My plan was to reach out to devs with similar enough games to mine, and find out who they contacted to get press coverage to Spanish-speaking players!

And I realized through Steam Spy that this category includes you—so yeah, do you have anything to share about localization, how many players play in Spanish, and how you've promoted the Spanish version?

pixelmeat
Level 0

@pixelmeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2017, 05:23:08 AM »

Hey, I'm doing market research on Steam games with Spanish support. My plan was to reach out to devs with similar enough games to mine, and find out who they contacted to get press coverage to Spanish-speaking players!

And I realized through Steam Spy that this category includes you—so yeah, do you have anything to share about localization, how many players play in Spanish, and how you've promoted the Spanish version?

Hi Nathy!

That's an interesting topic. Let me tell you what you should know and what we have done.

First of all, in case you don't know, we live in Barcelona. That makes Spain our closest market and Spanish one of our two official languages. That's why our games are originally written in Spanish, so no need for a localisation here.

Spanish Players

Regarding players (or sales, as you want to take it), around 10% of ours are Spanish.

Press and promotion

We try to attend lots of local events, so we can say we are well connected with several Spanish studios and we have personally met a bunch of writers and editors from Spanish media outlets. That's basically how we manage our PR and Marketing in Spain. Of course we also include these sites and people into our press list and send them promo codes in case they want to review our games.

This is a list of sites we think that you should contact in case you want to invest some time and resources in the Spanish market:
Commercial sites
Smaller indie sites

I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask anything else you want. Beer!

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2017, 09:46:56 AM »

Quote from: pixelmeat
First of all, in case you don't know, we live in Barcelona. That makes Spain our closest market and Spanish one of our two official languages. That's why our games are originally written in Spanish, so no need for a localisation here.

Yargh! I did know this at some point, and now I feel a little silly for assuming you were in the U.S. when I asked. I'm actually getting ready for a Spanish Literature class next year (for which I'm underprepared) and have been looking for books/media to read in Spanish for practice. So I guess that's how I'll be playing Agatha Knife!

That list and the info is extremely helpful! Thanks.  Smiley

pixelmeat
Level 0

@pixelmeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2017, 07:34:00 AM »

Hi y'all!

We just wanted to share our joy with you. Why? Because Agatha Knife is getting some international recognition! Check this out!

We've been honored with the Excellence in Narrative Award at Busan Indie Connect Festival 2017 and we are nominated for the TIGA awards in the Diversity category.

Thanks to those of you who have helped us with your feedback and support.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2019, 03:54:41 PM »

Hey, so I finally finished this game! I'd put it on the backburner a few months ago after I got stuck on a puzzle, but I picked it up again today and was able to figure it out (mostly) on my own, so I probably just needed some rest at the time lol.

I just wanted to thank you guys for making such a great game with tons of humor and personality. Looking forward to your future projects!

Also, I noticed that there's some achievements I didn't unlock, so I'm guessing there's alternate ways of doing certain portions of the game? I'll try finding them if that's the case  Grin

jgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2019, 02:22:14 AM »

Thank you for playing our game! Glad to know you enjoyed it =)

Yes, some puzzles can be solved in different ways and some achievements can be unlocked doing A instead of B and vice versa. A few other achievements are unlocked with a bit more twisted interactions so they can be trickier to get.

Good luck and we hope you can enjoy our next Psychotic Adventure, Colossus Down, very soon!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic