Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 10:12:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRatwood: Rodent of Virtue -- On Steam Greenlight!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ratwood: Rodent of Virtue -- On Steam Greenlight!  (Read 1167 times)
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« on: July 07, 2016, 03:57:35 PM »

Hi all, just wanted to tell you about the game my brother and I have been building in our spare time for the last number of years.

It's called "Ratwood: Rodent of Virtue", it's a run 'n gun shooter in the vein of old console classics like Gunstar Heroes, Earthworm Jim, Contra, and Metal Slug. You control Rodent -- a rat that's been bestowed cosmic powers by a sentient plank of wood -- as he battles the enigmatic Knights of the Round for the fate of the entire universe.

What we were going for is that old styled frantic action you'd see back in the 16-bit era. An era where the game and it's environments were ridiculously colourful, the bosses were massive and plentiful, and the stories and characters were off-the-wall and completely ridiculous. (You're a hot-pink rat with a sentient plank of wood for a companion. Why? Because video games.)

You can see screenshots and get more details on our website.

You can see the trailer here:

And if you could please checkout out our Steam Greenlight page and vote it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks!

--NSP
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:49:40 PM by NowSayPillow » Logged

GarBenjamin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 07:49:39 AM »

Looks good!

BTW the link on the Vote For Our Game [on Steam] banner is broken. There is a double quote near the beginning and again at the end.

Play Play Atlantic Crisis [BETA] in your browser!
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 04:51:00 PM »

Thanks. Smiley

(And Nice catch on the Steam Greenlight link, I swear I checked that.  Embarrassed)

roachyogi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 10:50:47 PM »

That looks pretty interesting, gameplay-wise.
I guess you already know this, but the art looks pretty....home-made?
I had a game with similar art, I was going to release soon but we managed to find a art studio that took a stake in the game and now we have (so they say) great art.
Just a thought.
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 12:55:47 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. Smiley

We'd've (triple contraction!) loved to have hired on additional artists (and programmers) but unfortunately it's a hobbyist project -- two dudes and whatever spare time they can find to work on it -- we simply don't have resources to outsource the art. So we do the best we can. Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic