Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:19:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinesspitching an idea
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: pitching an idea  (Read 556 times)
Gamegenie87
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2016, 03:09:37 PM »

Hello Community,

I am here today because like many of you, I have been dreaming of creating a game that is rememerable. I want to create an adventure sandbox game, with an age based upgrade system, where you control a young avatar that grows up and levels up, through the choices you have them make and based on how they acheive certain goals, because the story is about a child who is raised on a secret military base, that was given the chance to have a realtionship with other miltary family' children, becomes curious about what projects are being done and with his curiosity inadvertantly becomes the first human to take off on an alien space craft and practically creates a world where both the human world and the extrterrestial world become intertwined.

The child gets to learn of the new race of livng beings of the ship and gets to know there way of life in a way that is similar but also totally different than it is on earth. Learning how to use new technology, interact with other beings, learning new languages that the child would never have before. I want to create an atmosphere where the player can get an outside perspective of what other life could be like out there and what it would be like if they were the ones who not only discovered a new way to live, but have to also try and find away for the new world and his original home to co-exist.

Now, here's the twist i have pondered over in my head for quite awhile. I need to try and make this believeable, but in order to make this work i need to add a third race of beings into the mix that live the lives as conqueres and try to force their civility onto  other worlds in the verge for their survival, but they are less merciful when it comes to being diplomatic so as tobe sure of their survival is to turn the earthlings into slaves.
because knowing how our society today would react, in the reality that that there is other life forms out there, the only thought would be, invasion unless proven otherwise and the one thing we earthlings fear is becoming enslaved ourselves.

As for right now I am still working on scenes for interacting with the character in order to provide events for players to mold the character they are trying to create. I am looking to create a team that is filled with people who aren't afraid to try and share new ideas to see if what sticks with the story to see how we can keep the gameplay and story consistant with one another. I need people who have a fun personaliy and just creating for the fact of wanting to see what could happen. I am someone who is just starting out on this but, I have grown up being exposed to videogames when i was born in 1987, I have had the luck to be emersed into the booming era of  atarito concuer 64, from nintendo to super nintendo to the ds, to the ps1 to the ps4, to the xbox to xbox one. I have played from the classic to the modern. I have seen the trends come and go, I have seen how companies market their products in order to catch the eye of the right consumers. I have been wanting to do this since I was in 6th grade where I was determined to make my very first videogame. Unfortunately i was never able to finish that script due to the fact on how out dated my game was going to be. I can tell stories and I can draw rough sketches, most of the time I like to use story boards in order to see and illustrate exactly how things can transition better in between certan dialogues and events to make the story and gameplay that much interesting. I would like to have a team because I am better working with a group than on my own. I can get overwhelmed when there is too much going on at once but i do overcome better b being walked through it step by step so i can visualize on what each other is trying to execute. I am very passionate about doing this, and I am very compasionate in building a world that can take aplayer into a place they have never been beffore but could only dream about. I am looking for a people who is a programmer a designer and an artist. However, before I can accept anyone, I would like to take the time to get to know you and see how we get along. In order for this project to even work as a team, we must be able to connect well with each other not just on the professional level, but I want to make sure that we can laugh, get along, not be afraid crack off jokes to one another, be able to trust each other and most of all treat each other as if we were family. I know in a job like this anything can happen, so I want to make sure that we can all be there for each other and be able to help out through any difficulties anyone might have. I want this to be fun free sprited enviroment where thinking outside the box is more than ok.
I am starting this off right now, as a fun based project for the time being until the whole team can agree that what we are working on is ready to be executed in terms of, how random people would react to the announcement or summary of what this game will provide and how we all feel about the project as a whole. In the art of creativity and inventing, we all know just because something has small hollow breaks does not mean the whole thing unfixable. I want everyone in this team to feel they have a say in what goes and be able to speak their mind freely. I want our work to reflect the relationship we have with one another and have players be able to see that throughthe hard work and progress we stride to make. This is my first real shot doing this so I want to make sure I start this on the right foot. If you are interested what I am grasping at let me know and I will get a hold of you as soon as I can.

office space is a videogame, right? XD
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic