Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:00:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Stonekeeper - Twin Stick Shooter
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Stonekeeper - Twin Stick Shooter  (Read 4690 times)
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 01:29:02 PM »

Damn, it looks great!

Thanks a lot!

it's incredible to see the evolution. new redesigned enemies are really cool

Thanks, i guess we are learning as we go.

UPDATES:
We are finally done with crystals animation. In total there are 21 crystals. Each works kind of like a different weapon, so one can grant you ability to shoot lightning bolts, the other gives you flamethrower fire power, one allows you to fire poisonous projectiles, the other freezes enemies.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:40:58 AM by 7box » Logged
InterGalactic
Level 0

Indigo Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 02:50:51 PM »

You know it's remarkable just HOW many people got the name ROGUE wrong when I was collaborating with them.

When they gave me quotes and contracts and agreements to sign, they spelt my game Starlight Rouge in all instances of the document.

Now I don't know if my eyes are bleeding or the irony of it is killing me softly inside, but it's great to see even the creator of a game would spell their own game wrong.

Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 07:39:16 AM »

You know it's remarkable just HOW many people got the name ROGUE wrong when I was collaborating with them.

When they gave me quotes and contracts and agreements to sign, they spelt my game Starlight Rouge in all instances of the document.

Now I don't know if my eyes are bleeding or the irony of it is killing me softly inside, but it's great to see even the creator of a game would spell their own game wrong.

Nah, it's a new genre, where games represent color red.
By the way Starlight Rouge looks great.
InterGalactic
Level 0

Indigo Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 05:36:42 PM »

Nah, it's a new genre, where games represent color red.
By the way Starlight Rouge looks great.

Thanks, and your red game is looking epic as well Smiley Hope you will look forward to many red contracts in future.

Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2017, 11:53:41 AM »

UPDATE:
Since the main character doesn't carry any guns (crystals in "The Stonekeeper" is the equivalent of weapons) we run into a problem of "how to depict what crystal you're carrying" and thus we came up with an idea to simply change characters appearance every time you pick a different crystal.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:40:44 AM by 7box » Logged
Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 03:08:22 PM »

Looking interesting. Always love an exploratory shmup. (I want to make one myself!) Have a follower!

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »

Looking interesting. Always love an exploratory shmup. (I want to make one myself!) Have a follower!
Thanks!

UPDATE:
All of the character transformations done. Every time you pick a crystal (which are basically weapons in this game, 20+ in total) character changes it's appearance. Here are a few of them:

Crystal of Thunder

Crystal of Earth

Crystal of Fire
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 04:14:57 AM »

love this approach to weapons, and the effects really fit with the art style, good job!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic