Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:30:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessGetting through the crowdfunding
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Getting through the crowdfunding  (Read 574 times)
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2016, 07:42:05 AM »

Hello. I plan to eventually start crowdfunding campaign for the game I am making, but need some help to get through it successfully. Anyone experienced with this here?

I'm mostly looking for two types of devs here:

- Successfully crowdfunded and released. So I can know what to do to get it funded, who to contact to get coverage and so on.

- Crowdfunding failed (not cancelled), but managed to release the game anyway despite of it. So I can get serviceable "plan B" (and C, D, E, F and G if possible) based on what these people done to get funding necessary anyways. Again, any contact info would be welcome.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
Major_Minion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 11:45:32 PM »

You might already have studied Kickstarter meticulously, but in case not, this comprehensive series of Reddit posts by A Lobster gives a good overview over the steps involved in the actual campaign:
https://m.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/1k67t0/a_lobsters_guide_for_video_game_projects_on?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Of course, figuring out the marketing aspects is crucial to bring in backers. Mark Borbounnaise of Djee Games did a nice report here on TIGsource detailing his efforts with marketing when launching a mobile game. Your game might not be mobile, but he links to lists of youtubers and websites anyone can try to get coverage from:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=49310.0
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 01:07:02 AM »

Thank you! I'm looking for first hand experiences though of people who either successfully funded their games and then launched with a bang or people who failed crowdfunding, but created &published the game anyway (to see what they did after their IGG/Kickstarter failed to get necessary funds, so I can get workable plan B). Will read both links tho!

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic