Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:02:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralNon English Tigsource?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Non English Tigsource?  (Read 780 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »

Are there prominent indie game forums for your country that aren't speaking English? Just curious.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 11:41:43 AM »

nope, my country is too small for something like that to exist
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 11:53:03 AM »

I hope not

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »

Pretty sure there aren't, on the other hand if there is one...

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 01:42:22 PM »

There's probably a German one out there, but I've never tried to look for one. Shrug Most of the interesting, game-related communities tend to be in English.

I frequent a Japanese one, but forum-wise it's abysmal and it's basically more of a dump for "baby's first game" (I once downloaded about five games and only one of them wouldn't crash within the first 30 seconds). There's no real exchange going on either, which is a pretty big bummer.

I've stumbled across a Chinese game-dev related forum once, but I'm not yet proficient in that language so it kinda got lost in my bookmarks.
voidSkipper
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 03:19:39 PM »

There's probably a German one out there, but I've never tried to look for one. Shrug Most of the interesting, game-related communities tend to be in English.

I frequent a Japanese one, but forum-wise it's abysmal and it's basically more of a dump for "baby's first game" (I once downloaded about five games and only one of them wouldn't crash within the first 30 seconds). There's no real exchange going on either, which is a pretty big bummer.

I've stumbled across a Chinese game-dev related forum once, but I'm not yet proficient in that language so it kinda got lost in my bookmarks.

I was just thinking that I hadn't explored any Japanese game dev forums... if that's par for the course, though, it sounds very disappointing.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 03:53:07 PM »

there a few, spieleprogrammierer.de is probably the biggest, but they aren't anything to write home about tbh.

for better or for worse, english is just so dominant that you're seriously limiting the pool of people you can communicate with if you stick to another language, which in turn limits the potential quality of the communications.

there are a lot of ESL users on tig btw, including myself.
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 12:29:36 AM »

Prominent.. Dunno.. But we have something called Udvikleren where indie devs and AAAs meet. And sometimes they hire people for beta testing and stuff in there. But it's not as large as this outfit and other international forums.

Magurp244
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 12:31:04 PM »

Well I had come across gamedev.ru awhile back, seems to be pretty active. Wouldn't mind adding more international dev sites to my list, always interesting to see what people are up to elsewhere.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 01:28:21 PM »

lingua franca
ask kojima and codetalker

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 12:23:50 AM »

gamedev ru pretty much covers all post-soviet countries.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic